• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

A light from the shadows shall spring; Velkan

I listen with no shortage of curiosity, and not an ounce of understanding, as the bird replies to my question. Are there currents in the air as there are in the ocean? It’s an intriguing thought but I don’t have much time to contemplate it because the bird CHANGES SHAPE and I feel my jaw drop open as a rather impressive looking stag stands before me instead.

Well that’s cool.

I’m distracted from commented on just how cool it is by the introduction. “Aodhan!” The name rings a bell, though I’m fairly certain it doesn’t usually belong to a bird or a stag.  “You’re Loire and Aeolus’ dad, right?” There’s a little bit of doubt in my voice - that was more or less the extent of my knowledge (I am not a nosy friend) and I could very well be mistaken. I haven’t met many shapeshifters in my time, oddly enough - monsters, sure, but few who could do such wonderful things like change their shape.

But my doubt fades away with a brilliant smile again and the next words out of my mouth are genuine and utterly pleasant. “It’s nice to meet you - I’m Velkan.” I don’t know whether he’ll recognize my name, or the fact that we’re tied together in the same family by the same mare, but my easy smile hopefully conveys that this is not a fact I have an issue with.

Besides, what I really want to know is - “Can you shift into anything?”

v e l k a n

artwork by reitro

@[Aodhan] I know it's been forever so if you don't want to keep this thread going I totally understand!

Messages In This Thread
    RE: A light from the shadows shall spring; Velkan - by Velkan - 03-29-2020, 08:18 PM