• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  a relit cigarette never tastes the same; any

a relit cigarette never tastes the same

Try as she might, she remembers everything of the old world. It does her no good to dwell in the past but still, she remembers. The memories flow through her mind like water flows against rock. As time marches on the memories carve a path against her skull in the same way water will eventually force its way into stone. It is impossible to erase them; impossible to stop them. Just like the water is relentless in its mission to carve through the stone, so too are the memories that haunt her every breathing moment. There is no escaping them, no way to stop their flow. She is a slave to them.

As the other girl speaks through thought, Topsail finds her own mind wandering to a time so long ago. She is only vaguely aware that she has let her mental guard down, and the memories are flowing out of her own mind and into the empty space separating the two mares. Like smoke from a flame they spiral forward, invisible but palpable in the crisp night air. With glazed eyes Topsail finds herself following them, allowing them to carry her off to that time that has been lost to the wind...

Valley wolves, made of smoke and gnashing teeth.
    A great golden dragons, spitting fire across the sky.
    A gray, antlered stallion, his broken heart laid bare for all to see.
    Topsail herself, though she is not the Topsail the girl has met, but the reptilian creature from days far, far gone.
    Eight, the powerful magician, her king and lover, and father to her children...

With a shake, she breaks herself from the past. She is not sure what the other mare had seen, if anything, so she decides it best not to mention the momentary lapse. Instead, she offers the pinto a small, knowing smile. ”You see, the fairies thought it would be a nifty little joke on their part if I was mute, but telepathic.” she says with a smirk. Indeed, telepathy was useful, but she often wondered what words would feel like in her throat. ”So, this is the only way i’ve ever known how to speak. I can’t even imagine what it would be like to form words with my tongue. But, they key is allowing those same emotions you allow to flow over your tongue, to flow through your mind as well.”

Topsail

and that’s all I‘ll preach about rekindling old flames

Messages In This Thread
    RE: a relit cigarette never tastes the same; any - by Topsail - 03-18-2020, 10:36 PM