• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

blood on my knife; any
    the ones that love me, i tend to leave behind

There is something terribly wrong with the little bay colt. Even the way he walks isn’t right, and kid-hearted Ephrelle wonders if perhaps he has some sort of spinal deformity that forces him to move in such a way. His eyes are blank, empty like those of a warrior with too many blows to the head, and Ephrelle turns her attention entirely away from the shadowy figure to focus on the boy. Is he alone out here? At night? Surely a child so delayed and deformed must have some caretaker. He looks to be alone though, at least until he begins to approach the shadow creature. Ephrelle is near enough – and still moving closer, clearly concerned about the child – and she hears him say something but the distance is too great for her to hear exactly what it was.

She does hear the shadow reply to him though, brief before the shadow turns toward her. The boy had asked to play, she thinks, but the shadow wasn’t interested. As it comes toward her she stops immediately, her green eyes narrowing suspiciously. The suspicions bleeds rapidly into confusion, but she is not fearful by nature. Perhaps she should be.

“I’m Ephrelle,” she says to herself. She’s never seen herself outside of her reflection in the swift moving Amazonian river, and takes a moment to inspect herself. Definitely scary, she thinks; that will come in handy on the battlefield. “Who are you?”

e p h r e l l e

if you know about me and choose to stay
    then take this pleasure and take it with the pain

Just that she not die or be permanently damaged Tongue

Messages In This Thread
    blood on my knife; any - by Pazuzu - 08-13-2015, 08:09 PM
    RE: blood on my knife; any - by Ephrelle - 08-13-2015, 08:36 PM
    RE: blood on my knife; any - by Kult - 08-13-2015, 09:34 PM
    RE: blood on my knife; any - by Pazuzu - 08-18-2015, 08:44 PM
    RE: blood on my knife; any - by Ephrelle - 08-22-2015, 05:42 PM
    RE: blood on my knife; any - by Kult - 08-27-2015, 10:22 PM