• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i feel a bad moon rising
    spice up
    that quote
    One dark hoof lifts as though she might step across the border. Lepis’ pale gaze meet’s Oceane’s amber one, and the winged mare sighs, and places the limb firmly on the ground. For all that she wants to eliminate the space between them, this is neither the time nor the place. Not yet. Soon though, she promises herself, and then Oceane. [Soon.]

"It seems fair turnabout," she replies, with nothing in her tone to suggest the two of them are having this conversation under less-than-ideal circumstances. "He was my regent while I was young, and now I can return the favor." Some might see it as less of a favor and more of a  grab for power, but they are likely to be those already disinclined to trust Lepis’ motivations. The dun mare is honest about few things with fewer individuals, but she would argue her rightness in this (and in most other decisions she has made) until she were hoarse. If only there were someone to argue with.

What little Lepis knows of Pangea are tales from others, borne back from a diplomatic mission or brief forays. A land of monsters, it is said, and perhaps she should be grateful that none have yet interrupted their reunion. Alcinder had returned unharmed, at least, and as if the thought of him had been shared between them, Oceane mentions him as well.

"He’s been spending time with Aquaria’s boy," Lepis tells her. She does not know the name of the pale, finned colt, but there is no doubting that he is the child of the nereid that has been visiting Loess these past few months. "But he will be happy to see you home. There are better ways to benefit Loess and your son than remaining captive in Pangea." The dun mare does not soften her voice as she speaks, nor when she asks: "I don't intend for you to stay here for long. I came to ensure you were unharmed," [and now that I know it is so, I will do my best to ensure that you are brought home before the year is up.]

The definitive words are silent, sent only to her striped companion, but she ends with a firm: "I will be seeing you again soon," before bidding the other mare farewell and returning to Loess.

@[Oceane]
    n | l

ooc: editing to end the thread here to make sense with the timeline and make my head not hurt trying to figure out when Lepis is!

Messages In This Thread
    i feel a bad moon rising - by Lepis - 03-09-2020, 08:00 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising - by Oceane - 03-10-2020, 02:24 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising - by Lepis - 03-11-2020, 07:18 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising - by Oceane - 03-17-2020, 11:15 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising - by Lepis - 03-18-2020, 06:57 AM