• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i feel a bad moon rising

O C E A N E

Oceane's bright amber eyes are nearly always turned to the skies now that she is here in Pangea. She has not taken to them since her arrival, has not felt the loving embrace of the canyon's wayward thermals, lest Anaxarete and Draco mistake her flight for an attempt at escape. She has been a yielding and well-behaved captive for these last months; the red-eyed stallion had made quite obvious the danger that Alcinder would be in should she cause a fuss. And so she had settled into her role ─ remaining at the outskirts, coming to Kingdom meetings when called (this, admittedly, was due in part to her confusion about what was happening with Loess and Castile), and never quite using the strength behind her voice, though she has come to befriend some of the non-equine wildlife that calls the wasteland home.

It's one of her vulture acquaintances that Oceane seeks today, her molten ambers turned to the clouds, but it's someone much more exciting that her gaze falls upon. Almost certain that she is imagining the airborne gold-and-dun pegasi, the opalescent woman blinks a few extra times and shakes the lavender forelock from her eyes before smiling wide.

Truly, Lepis has arrived.

It's with a wide and warm smile that Oceane greets her friend at the Pangean border, though she halts a bit further away than a typical polite conversation would require, ensuring that she has not breached her contract with Draco by stepping across Pangea's invisible threshold. "Lepis," her greeting is warm and genuine, "It's so nice to see you again." Oceane tries her best not to assume that the Cleric is here to bring her home to the foothills, tries to find happiness in the fact that she is simply being visited by a friend, but curiosity flourishes within her.

She has no doubt that Lepis will see the questions in her honeyed eyes.

"I hadn't expected to see anyone from Loess, and so soon after Castile ventured north. I assume he handled his business and is home safe?" She wishes more than anything that she can speak openly with her friend. Anaxarete had broken news to the opalescent woman on her first day in Pangea that Loess' Dragon had wreaked havoc on a northern territory ─ she, of course, had feigned knowledge of it.

But her unspoken questions have gone unanswered ever since.

""@[Lepis]""

Hath in her veins, to beat and run,
    the glad indomitable sea,
    the strong white sun
    n | t
    i must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    and all i ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

Messages In This Thread
    i feel a bad moon rising - by Lepis - 03-09-2020, 08:00 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising - by Oceane - 03-10-2020, 02:24 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising - by Lepis - 03-11-2020, 07:18 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising - by Oceane - 03-17-2020, 11:15 AM