• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  felt the wind underneath my wings
    The minimally splashed white, bay overo finds himself wandering the trails of the Forest once again. With each passing day, he felt his desire to stay in Sylva weakening. He supposes the Forest offers a surrogate feeling of safety with its ability to shroud one in shadow and behind tree after tree. The now mature stallion is adept at navigating the leaf-littered trail with silent steps. He has spent his entire life walking on a bed of crunchy pine needles and fallen foliage. There was a point when the cocoa brown male, with his inky black mane and tail, and the splattered white on underside and lower limbs, chose to hide in his liquid form. Now, he had figured out how to hide in plain sight.

Juice moves undetected amongst the trees. He travels into the crisp breeze to permit his olfactory sense to inspect the wafts delivered on the wind. His own musky scent is kept downwind of anyone on his trail. His stride keeps an even tempo and, his footfalls are light but steady. He moves with stealth until the perfume of a lady reaches his nares. Immediately, the young male tosses his poll into the heavens. He wonders if he should announce himself or, take the opposite approach and continue to sneak forward. Juice never outgrew the trademark immaturity and lack of impulse control. He very much enjoyed catching someone else off guard, whether accidentally or intentionally.

At long last, his dark gaze catches a glimpse of the shiny copper pelt of the dame ahead of him on the path. He considers whispering "boo" in response but, notes her widened gaze and visible white sclera. Instead of entering kicking range, Juice draws to a halt. From this safe distance, he offers a a response to her query. His tone is smooth and warm, yet stings as the words pass through his lips. "Why hello. You seem a bit out of your element. Might I be able to offer some reassurance?"

@[lilliana]

Messages In This Thread
    felt the wind underneath my wings - by lilliana - 02-29-2020, 09:27 PM
    RE: felt the wind underneath my wings - by Juice - 03-05-2020, 10:47 PM
    RE: felt the wind underneath my wings - by Juice - 03-26-2020, 04:29 PM
    RE: felt the wind underneath my wings - by Jesper - 03-29-2020, 04:45 PM
    RE: felt the wind underneath my wings - by Juice - 04-07-2020, 04:28 PM
    RE: felt the wind underneath my wings - by Jesper - 04-14-2020, 03:16 PM