• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  the results are in: you are the father

Beyza recognizes Ryatah, though her memory of the day she was born is hazy. But she knows instantly who the mare is, who the angel is, because she had a lasting impression - and because her mom has told her of the friend that came to visit when the twins were born. Ryatah is one of the first faces she had ever seen, and the inspiration for the soft glow that the filly often uses to comfort herself when things are strange (which happens quite a lot, in this world of magic and monsters).

And now, when Ryatah touches her kindly in greeting, a soft white glow surrounds her and tiny white wings sprout from her sides. Beyza does not notice the changes (they are so common for her now) and so she does not think to be embarrassed by the obvious mimicry. What does make her feel a little ashamed are the questions - a girl with a family and yet she is here alone.

“Cali is making new friends.” Beyza comments in a distant voice, though she’s not entirely certain she understands how she knows this. It is as though she can see Caledonia, meeting a colt their age, though her twin is not in the immediate vicinity. The vision dissipates when she refocuses on Ryatah to answer the rest of the question. “My mom doesn’t exactly know though. She thinks I'm at the playground.” Her gaze shifts away at this admission. The idea of lying to her mother makes Beyza’s insides all sort of twisty but, maybe, the arrival of this mare will save her from causing too much distress. “But it's okay if you’re with me, right Ryatah?” And then that crystalline gaze shifts up to the glowing mare - hoping beyond hope that they weren’t going to turn around and march right back.

“I was just so curious.” She says by way of explanation for why she was out here on her own. It’s only now that she thinks either of her parents would have likely gone with her if she had asked, or she could have waited until Cali was with her, but things seemed to have worked out just fine as it was so there was no longer any need to worry.

BEYZA

something borrowed into something new

@[Ryatah]

Messages In This Thread
    the results are in: you are the father - by Beyza - 02-17-2020, 04:51 PM
    RE: the results are in: you are the father - by Beyza - 03-02-2020, 12:25 AM