• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Things Have Changed Once Again (All Kingdom Residents)
    Neverwhere steps out of the mist that drifts through the redwoods, the thick fog that invites stories of ghosts haunting the forest, and draws close to Aten, standing slightly behind the new leader of the ancient woodland. She is quiet while the others speak, this is not her day, but it is important for her to be there, to stand beside Aten, a physical representation of Nerine's support. Her cloudy eyes drift from face to face but settle on Pteron, briefly considering the stallion - so like each of his parents. He is of an age with her, and she wonders if things have changed in Beqanna as much as he believes. A history of plague and wars makes her doubt it.

"There are many threats in the world. They have always existed, in one form or another, and anyone who claims to be prepared to fully defend against curses and magicians and rampant dragons is lying, to you and possibly to themselves, as well. I fear we are all unprepared for what is coming, lulled by a few years of relative peace. Regardless, Nerine stands with Taiga. It's people are our people, and it is our connection to Beqanna, so perhaps warrants a more vested interest from the kingdom than it has been used to. "

Lilliana mentions the horn-eyed stallion Ghaul and Neverwhere chuckles at the thought of the creature, burning his way through the wind-swept kingdom. Yes, they have him, for the time being. To what purpose or effect remains to be seen. She is not convinced that there was any plan beyond venting the red mare's frustration, and she has little desire to babysit him and make sure he remains prisoner among their cliffs.

"Nerine's rabbits will be pleased to see the back of that one, I think." She shakes her mane so that the tangled tresses fall to the other side of her neck, "I would not depend on having him captive as a reasonable defense." She has already spoken more than she intended to, this is Aten's day, and his meeting, and so she end by again turning to Pteron, "You will always be welcome within Nerinian borders. You led Taiga admirably, if only for a short while, and Nerine owes you a debt for that. If I can be of service, find me."

Neverwhere

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Things Have Changed Once Again (All Kingdom Residents) - by Neverwhere - 02-29-2020, 08:24 PM