• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

If my heart was a compass you’d be north
    There's an awful lots of dragons in Nerine, lately. Ones that shift, and ones that don't, ones that spit flame and... and this one? She doesn't know about the silvered roan that lands clumsily in Nerine, raking her ground with sharp black claws. He was covered in ice the last time she saw him, standing with her and the Champion, trying to smooth the troubled waters between them. But today Brennen has made no such over-zealous calls - not that she is aware of, in any case - and so she wonders on his purpose here. If he belongs to the Isle, which he smellt of so strongly then, why land here, so close to its Southern shore but still with the Nerinian strait to pass over?

That her lips are twisted into a slight scowl as she draws nearer to the scaled stallion has nothing to do with him specifically, though he may not know it, it is simply the shape they find most comfortable. What was his name again?

Oh, yes.

"You missed Icicle Isle by a long shot, Leilan. Can't you tell granite from snow when you're up in the clouds? I'll give you a hint, it's the big white thing to the north."

He has no reason to know the she is joking and most take offense to her barbs, which is understandable. She has never judged someone too harshly for being angered by the insults she slings at them - the words are meant to draw a reaction, after all - but she is fairly confident that he will not react as others do. During their brief introduction, though she had largely ignored his input at the time, he had been more than ready to throw her poor manners right back at her. Most likely, she supposes, smirking because he is as little willing to control his tongue as I am.

She imagines he is not well liked.

Neverwhere

@[Leilan] hi, can we pretend i'm not a slug and that you just posted this? lol

Messages In This Thread
    RE: If my heart was a compass you’d be north - by Neverwhere - 02-23-2020, 04:44 PM