• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  between the lines of fear and blame
    It was easier for her to brush away things from the past. Divest seemingly appears to have grown immune to the fact that her mother had left her here. Some would say her own mother had abandoned her, and maybe that was what had happened.

Maybe her mother never really wanted her.

The easiest way to get rid of her was leaving her on an island she couldn’t escape. Leaving her in the hands of someone who would actually care for her. Maybe even love her too when her mother certainly could not.

It was easier to think of a story why her mother had left her all these years alone. Divest could never really understand what was so charming about the mountain hills of Loess. Just dragons and something else she cannot quite remember.

Through it all though she wears a smile now. Perhaps it was only a façade that became easier over the years. Her feelings on the matter only deepened eventually fading to the point where she felt nothing for the matter.

Divest was happy to know that Blue found a silver lining every day in the Resort. Maybe that is why she stayed all these years within the Resort. If she could choose to feel anything about it all, she wanted to be happy most of all. The Resort gave her that feeling of happiness, the silver lining she always needed the most in those quite moments of being alone.

“I’m glad you did,” she says genuinely.

When he asks her if she will always live within the Resort, she falls silent for a moment. Divest cannot grasp the idea of ever leaving. This had become her tropical paradise, her sanctuary, the silver lining of her life. Why would I ever want to leave this? She thinks, but she cannot help but wonder what the world is like outside the quiet paradise she calls home.

“I don’t know really,” she tells him truthfully. “I don’t have any reason to leave this place. Maybe someday something will call me elsewhere.” The pastel mare wonders what sort of adventures would call her away. “I suppose for now I’ll be just be here until something does,” she adds finalizing her answers on the question. The future was uncertain, but she finds it to be a bright one ahead.

@[Gale]
    [Image: Wi3xi5K.png]
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference
    (pixel via bronzehalo)

Messages In This Thread
    between the lines of fear and blame - by Gale - 01-23-2020, 10:09 PM
    RE: between the lines of fear and blame - by Gale - 01-27-2020, 07:59 PM
    RE: between the lines of fear and blame - by Gale - 02-02-2020, 02:13 PM
    RE: between the lines of fear and blame - by Gale - 02-13-2020, 08:17 AM
    RE: between the lines of fear and blame - by Gale - 02-19-2020, 08:48 AM
    RE: between the lines of fear and blame - by Divest - 02-21-2020, 04:25 PM
    RE: between the lines of fear and blame - by Gale - 03-05-2020, 08:38 AM