• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i've never fallen from quite this high; Ruthless

if you do not have shadows,
     you are not in the light

She sees his mind churn with every sentence she speaks, carefully calculating every response as if grenades were laid out before him. Curiosity lingers but she knows better than to pry, he doesn’t seem like the type to tolerate it.

“Sometimes things matter more than your role,” if she could ignore the disappointment in his tone, she would. But it hit her like harder than a rock plunging down a cliff into an unknown end.

There he goes, lost again. She wonders what he thinks about. Sometimes Ruthless thinks of what her mother is doing, how how she is doing. Sometimes she wonders if Kalil is thinking of her.

How is Lilliana fairing? Has Eurwen recruited recently?

Other times she thinks of the ocean, and the caressing waves. Or the giant trunks that casted large dark shadows that she just knew her mother would like. The way the twinkling sparkle of sand glistened in the last moments of light as orange and red hues disappeared behind the never-ending sea.

Mother would like him. He is calm, and kind. He would make her feel safe.

He is doing his job pretty well, from her perspective.

“It is quite nice. My mother raised me in the fields and forest before, nothing there really compares to here. It’s quite lonely, despite the traffic…” her warm voice softens and disappears, swallowed by the air between them as her eyes drift off—waiting for minutes to pass until the sun set so they could slink from the shadows to eat and drink, silent and listening for movement or danger.

Perhaps she does think of more than she realized.

Ruthless

@[Pteron]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've never fallen from quite this high; Ruthless - by Ruthless - 02-19-2020, 11:22 PM