• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I've seen ghosts brighter than her soul, anyone

You twist, I turn, who's the first to burn?

You sit and stay, I don't obey.

If there is anything to which Voracious can boast a keen knowledge of, it is loss and pain and bloodshed. His youth had been filled with it. He had fought and bled and killed and even nearly died pursuing freedom from it. And he had succeeded, against all odds. But it leaves behind a crack in one’s soul. A fissure that bleeds darkness, even when one isn’t focused on it.

Perhaps especially when one isn’t focused on it.

It’s all he had ever known though, and so a different life had always been an alien concept. Something he had only ever been able to dream of, and poorly. But the echoes of his past will forever haunt his present, even in this impossibly peaceful realm where he has yet to find a thing to fear. Too many times he has found himself on the verge of impaling a perfect stranger, simply because they had startled him. Perhaps one day he even would.

Regret though? That is truly a foreign concept to him. He is as he is. As he has always been. Maybe that is why he is so easily able to wander this surface world, blithely happy despite the darkness of his past. Because he had never seen the point in lingering.

So when he sees her, recognition coming after a moment of confusion, his reaction is immediate delight. “Aislyn!” His voice is bright on the wind, no doubt annoyingly cheerful in the face of her dour mood. But, whether regrettable or not, he remains completely oblivious to the darkness that plagues her heart. “You look different.” Pause. “Why do you look different?”
    Voracious

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I've seen ghosts brighter than her soul, anyone - by Voracious - 02-18-2020, 05:51 PM