• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Knowing where the rocks lie; any

I've got you deep in the heart of me

-So deep in my heart that you're really a part of me-

Both a coward and an idiot? Well damn. This would be the first time Eyas had ever heard another horse willingly put themselves down. Usually Beqanna folk kept to their own interests, but a common thread among most was their pride. Eyas had seen clever types, powerful horses who could command the elements or change their shape, and some of the most beautiful creatures she’d ever imagined. Whatever strength they had in themselves, the equines of Beqanna tended to be quick-latches. They clung tightly to their best and brightest gifts, consumed by vanity.

But not @[Eurwen]. Eyas smiled a ghostly-looking grin, content with keeping her tongue in her mouth while the rosy-golden mare dissected a bit more of the stranger who’d just lapped up water like a beaten dog. The pegasus nodded briefly - It was nice to see another, and likewise to be seen. She felt energized by their conversation, even if it was a bit ‘so-so’ compared to other conversations Eyas had had before this one. Behind the gilded beauty and Eurwen’s musical voice there was a deeper story; there was always a deeper story, and Eyas felt the same draw she always felt when confronted with a new tale.

“I haven’t got a reason not to believe you,” The thin little buckskin pony drawled, a bit lazy with her speech now that the exhaustion of her very short journey had come to settle between her shoulders, “I’m flattered.” She pursed her mouth comically into a sultry pout. On her haggard and dirty face it looked about as seductive as you might think. Eyas dropped the act a moment later and swung her head back towards one shoulder, where some particularly irritating feathers needed a bit of pruning, and asked, “Sorry if I’m being a bit ‘nosey’,” hoping that such an excellent pun on Eurwen’s scent wouldn’t go to waste, “but have you got any news on the whole debacle between Nerine and Loess? Bit of nasty business, that. You know how it goes, though - ”

She finished and looked up again, back to where Eurwen’s brilliant colors were beginning to fade away with the last rays of sunlight. “Gossip spreads quick through the outer colonies and lately I’ve been… keeping to myself. I haven’t had a chance to catch up on the buzz of things.”

EYAS

► Powerplay Me : Powers (any)

Messages In This Thread
    Knowing where the rocks lie; any - by Eurwen - 01-22-2020, 12:02 PM
    RE: Knowing where the rocks lie; any - by Eyas - 01-24-2020, 03:02 PM
    RE: Knowing where the rocks lie; any - by Eurwen - 01-28-2020, 12:26 PM
    RE: Knowing where the rocks lie; any - by Eyas - 02-02-2020, 07:03 PM
    RE: Knowing where the rocks lie; any - by Eurwen - 02-03-2020, 05:26 PM
    RE: Knowing where the rocks lie; any - by Eyas - 02-06-2020, 10:15 PM
    RE: Knowing where the rocks lie; any - by Eurwen - 02-11-2020, 04:08 PM
    RE: Knowing where the rocks lie; any - by Eyas - 04-05-2020, 12:09 AM
    RE: Knowing where the rocks lie; any - by Eurwen - 04-30-2020, 11:14 AM