• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i feel trouble on the rise | oceane
    again you’re gone, off on a different path than mine
    i'm left behind wondering if i should follow

Though Oceane says she is alright, Lepis is doubtful. She’d meant only of injuries from this scuffle with the Pangean stranger, but her question had been accidentally loaded – there is more damage to the opalescent mare than what this one night has inflicted.

“We’ll get him back,” the promise is spoken softly, just before she presses her blue muzzle against the downed Oceane’s shoulder. Lepis is not free with physical affection, but there is something about the purple mare that makes her worth it. Lepis does not form (or hold, it seems) friendships easily, but Oceane is one of those few, despite the novelty of their relationship. She’d seen something of herself in the other mare, and now as Oceane lies weeping she sees far more of herself than she’d ever wanted too.

When Gale had been taken, her reaction had been no different. This, she thinks, might even be worse. There is no telling where Alcinder is, save that he is almost certainly in a land rumored to be filled with monsters. Surely that uncertainty is worse than death, Lepis thinks. The possibility that he is being harmed rears its ugly head, and Lepis does her best to brush it aside. She can do so more easily than Oceane, she imagines.

“We’ll get him back,” the dun mare repeats. “Whoever took him will regret doing so. I promise.” This promise she intends to keep, even if the way she will do so remains hazy. Some things are worth promising without a plan in place, and this is one of them. Though she cannot yet fathom how she might recover a child, especially in this world where physical power is the deciding factor, Lepis is sure that she will.

And then, with another touch to Oceane to futilely straighten to the fall of her purple mane, adds: “This isn’t your fault.” The words are what she’d needed to hear after Gale’s death, when she was blaming herself, and she suspects Oceane might need them as well.

LEPIS
    i’m the one who sees you home--
    but now i’m lost in the woods

and i don’t know what path you are on

@[Oceane]

Messages In This Thread
    i feel trouble on the rise | oceane - by Lepis - 02-04-2020, 08:02 PM
    RE: i feel trouble on the rise | oceane - by Lepis - 02-06-2020, 08:34 AM