• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Knowing where the rocks lie; any

Eurwen
    the secret of walking on water
    is knowing where the rocks lie
    There is little one can do when so dehydrated, so underfed - the body must get used to eating and drinking again, and that is why it had taken the spotted mare over a year till full recovery - in fact, that was only a recently-accomplished thing. The navy-marked mare, save for base color, which had at the time looked yellow as well, looked so much like Eurwen’s past self that honestly the knabstrup hybrid was already uncomfortable at seeing her - again, feelings of self-loathing surfaced, for how ever had she thought that hiding would bring anybody anything, would help anyone in any way?

Now, she watches Eyas bow down and for a moment she looks like she’s about to say something else - but the mare takes a few small sips, then a few gulps, and the rose-maned mare knows that the one before her has already learned that lesson, and needs no belated warning against cramps already there.

She latches on to the mare’s question, and gives her a wry smile. ”The short story is that I was being both a coward and an idiot, and it took years for someone to find me who would say that to my face.” The argument she and Oriash had had on the Mountain had not been about Eurwen’s state of being literally, but figuratively it was. Only when the antlered mare had pointed this out, Eurwen had somewhat come to her senses.

Eyas’ greeting doesn’t strike Eurwen as particularly odd, knowing just about nothing about her lineage. The spotted mare might have wondered about it if she had, but now she just gives a polite smile. ”Is it?” she muses aloud. She supposes some might think it nice to see her indeed, but then the question remains if that is because they think her pretty (not that she really considers this as more than just a coincidental idea) or because they like her as a person. Eyas however did not know her, and so, Wen can’t entirely be sure why Eyas thinks it is nice to see her.

She intends to find out though, some time.

She smiles a little at the buckskin-and-navy mare. Never would call her a skeleton - certainly she had thought the same of Eurwen last year. ”While I’m not sure if you’d believe me, I’d like to return the compliment.” The spotted mare smiles, seeing full well what Eyas would look like with some flesh on her bones. Besides, she has been pleasant company so far; as far as first impressions go, she seems like she would be a good friend.

@[Eyas] not entirely sure if all of these sentences make sense, it’s a little late here atm (:

Messages In This Thread
    Knowing where the rocks lie; any - by Eurwen - 01-22-2020, 12:02 PM
    RE: Knowing where the rocks lie; any - by Eyas - 01-24-2020, 03:02 PM
    RE: Knowing where the rocks lie; any - by Eurwen - 01-28-2020, 12:26 PM
    RE: Knowing where the rocks lie; any - by Eyas - 02-02-2020, 07:03 PM
    RE: Knowing where the rocks lie; any - by Eurwen - 02-03-2020, 05:26 PM
    RE: Knowing where the rocks lie; any - by Eyas - 02-06-2020, 10:15 PM
    RE: Knowing where the rocks lie; any - by Eurwen - 02-11-2020, 04:08 PM
    RE: Knowing where the rocks lie; any - by Eyas - 04-05-2020, 12:09 AM
    RE: Knowing where the rocks lie; any - by Eurwen - 04-30-2020, 11:14 AM
    RE: Knowing where the rocks lie; any - by Eyas - 05-05-2020, 09:01 PM
    RE: Knowing where the rocks lie; any - by Eurwen - 05-06-2020, 03:58 AM