• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I never met a more impossible girl; any

She knows –
    She knows what it feels like to die over and over again, to beg for this death to be the final one as He looks on, deciding how next to undo her. She knows what it is to run for your life, hellhounds snapping at your heels. She knows what it is to fall in love, so deeply and impossibly that it consumes her whole.
    She knows what it is to kill, both in defense and senselessly. She knows the crack of bone and how hot blood can be when it spurts fresh from a vein.
    She knows so much more, wonderful and terrible things. But she is not one to share, not much, she’d lived too long behind walls she’s built.
    So, she goes with the obvious.

“My name is Cordis,” she says, though the creature hadn’t asked. She can share this much.
    “What do I know?” she repeats the question, thinking. A smile curls on her lips, small but there.
    “I know magic,” she says, and as if in response, her lightning crackles across her skin, her own private storm. Truth be told, she doesn’t use it much, is less refined in her magic than the handful of other magicians in Beqanna, but it doesn’t matter, what matters is her silver skin reflects the lightning, and she can stay untouchable.

I’ll touch you all and make damn sure

Cordis

that no one touches me

picture © horseryder.deviantart.com

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I never met a more impossible girl; any - by Cordis - 01-20-2020, 06:49 PM