• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

In Hell I'll be in good company // Reia

no one really knows what the ocean hides
    but you and I, bird, we’re gonna find out

It’s fascinating how the feed from one another, taking sick amusement out of their cold banter. Curling her lip in a primal snarl, Reia regards Rebelle with only mild distaste. A vibrant blue, Reia’s eyes flash. ”At least I have brains,” she quips as her mane blazes and crackles. A sneer threatens to wrinkle the corners of her mouth, but it diminishes with her next breath, drowning the amusement with agitation. ”I came here with my husband, not that you know what it’s like to have one,” a cold accusation and yet the statement triggers an unsolicited, smug grin. It somehow softens the sharp lines of Reia’s face and, for the briefest of moments, portrays what fierce beauty lies within her.

The moment comes and goes as quickly as she draws in another breath, easing the flare of her tail as it sweeps idly from one side to another.

In truth, her relationship with Pteron is anything but beautiful or tranquil. It’s as tumultuous and precarious as her own feral nature. There are snippets of adoration, but a greater bit of her energy invests in putting him in his place when he acts out or doesn’t embrace her as he should. A poor husband, she often complains of, because he is so aloof and so deceitful. To appease their parents, Reia decided to nest in the Taigan forest for him; she left her nomadic lifestyle for him, but he is ungrateful. His punishment lies in his puckered scars and fresh burns along his skin. No matter the weight of her warnings, he does the opposite and disregards her. A poor husband, indeed.

But Rebelle doesn’t know this, nor does she need to.

The privacy of her relations with Pteron are tucked deep in the corridors of her mind, away from prying eyes and ears.

Straightening herself and subduing the rage of her fire, Reia unyieldingly stares at Rebelle. How funny, she muses, for fire and water to come together like this with their words hissing like steam between them. ”If I didn’t know any better, I would think you’re stalking me,” it would be the first time someone was fascinated with Reia. Most are intelligent enough to keep their distance, but what can she expect from a fish?

and I'll be next to you when the lights go out

Reia

@[Rebelle]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: In Hell I'll be in good company // Reia - by Reia - 01-14-2020, 11:16 AM