• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  She's Just a Girl, and She's On Fire[Zain]
    Escence & Eviction
    ~Twin Flame~

It was the hardest thing I had ever done, walking away from my twin brother.  Vic had always been there, day and night, rain or shine.  Twin flames from the same stoked fire.

I pull away from him, rejoining at my father's side.  Silence engulfs us as I walk without my usual bounce.  For a moment I think to plead for my father to reconsider, but something inside me tells me it is pointless.  My head rises, turning just slightly so that I may see Vic once again.  He was just standing there, staring helplessly and my heart breaks.

He would be back soon, I tell myself.  They would not be apart long and then we would reunite, brighter than ever!

After some distance, distracted by my thoughts, my ears twist forward to catch my father speaking.  What was this you were saying about wings?  My red eyes look up to him, thinking of the first day they arrived here, and I had been talking about my gifts.  "Oh uh, I flew...once.  I was angry and ran off, then suddenly I had wings of fire that carried me across the river border," my voice was missing its usual perkiness.  Especially when I think of all my failed attempts since then to make them appear again.  "I haven't been able to make them since that day though... Vic tried helping me, but nothing has seemed to work," there is defeat in my tone as I speak of my lack of control, "I'm not as good as Vic at controlling my powers."

There is a brief silence before my father speaks again, I think I have an idea.  My ears perk at the thought, the possibility, that I could finally learn how to wield my magic.

A sudden spring comes to my step as I follow him.  Eventually we come upon a tall structure made of eroded rock.  I look up at the teetering top.  It appeared much like the canyons I had found myself in one afternoon several months ago.  But it stood solitary instead of long walls.  "What is that?" I ask curiously.

//Fire Mimicry-Summer Appearance-Fire Breathing-Water Immunity\\
    Fire Mimicry- Foxfire, Phoenix-Type Immortality, Fire Wings

The sly creature turns his back on his son, pulling the twins apart as planned with a hidden grin.  Vic was smart, too smart for his own good.  The boy was nowhere near as malleable as his sister, time apart is just what they, he, needed.

They walk a distance; his eyes rolling back to find the filly glancing back at her brother.  He decides it best to distract her with chit chat and he very much wanted to hear of what other powers she possessed.  "What was this you were saying about wings?"  Clearly, she wore none like the many winged things of the sky.  The inquiry is enough to put a spark back in her eye and a bounce in her step.  That is until she speaks of her failures with trying to control such intangible things.

"Nonsense," he says in reply to her comment of not being as good as her brother. The undead thing smirks as he sets his sights on the altar.  "I have an idea," he says with an upbeat tone, the red orbs of his eyes growing a bit brighter.

As they near the tall flat he turns to where the incline meets the ground.  He notes she is entranced by the structure, curiously asking what it is.  He says simply, as he begins the climb to the top, "It's a great place for enlightenment."  There is a slight hesitation in her step at his response. Enlightenment?  She repeats.

Together they climb the incline, finally coming to stand on the flat top, high above the barren wastelands.  He creeps to the edge, looking out across the vast expanse of kingdom.  "Jump," he says in a stoic tone.  She had come to stand next to him, looking out across the lands, then looking at him with a shocked expression at his command.

What..?  No.  I can't, she shakes her head while backing up, what if they don't come?  Her flames spark and flicker around her with angst.  The undead thing turns his head to look at her as he speaks again, "I believe in you Escence... Now you must believe in yourself."  

He inches closer to the edge, leaning towards the open air.  W-what are you doing?  She stammers as she watches anxiously, her flames wicking across her body even higher.  "You can do anything if you believe in yourself..."  He leans even farther before gathering his legs beneath him and leaping into the dry air...

Zain
    ReBeL jUsT fOr KiCkS
    *Be Warned*
    Possesses health transference
    and may steal your health.
    //Blight-Undead Appearance-Fire Mimicry-Fire Immunity-Health Transference-Shadows\\
    Fire Mimicry- Glowing, Radiant Heat (warm to burning), Aesthetic Smoke
    Escence & Eviction
    ~Twin Flame~

“Enlightenment?”  I question, pausing briefly before continuing to follow him.

Together they climb the incline, finally coming to stand on the flat top, high above the barren wastelands.  I settle next to my father, but my eyes do not cast out across the plain, instead they look down.  Jump, I hear him say.  My fire laced face turns to look at him with a shocked expression.  I'm unsure if he is serious, but the tone of his voice suggests he is.

“What..?  No.  I can't,” my head shakes while backing up, “what if they don't come?”  My flames spark and flicker around me with angst.  The undead thing turns his head to look at me as he speaks again, I believe in you Escence... My uncertainty fades just slightly when he speaks now.  When did I stop believing in myself, I think. 

I see him inch closer to the edge, leaning towards the open air.  “W-what are you doing?” The words stumble from my mouth as I watch anxiously. 

You can do anything if you believe in yourself... He leans even farther before gathering his legs beneath him and leaping into the dry air.

“Noooo!!” All in one moment I am running for the edge and shouting.  Without thought, I too leap from the edge.  Like a meteor, a ball of fire streaking across the sky, I am falling.  My flames whip around me, but this time not haphazardly.  They expand from my sides, reaching for my father.  My lithe form gains speed quickly, and just before impact my fire wings have created a protective shield around us.  It is enough of a barrier that the ground gives, and we lay there, entangled in the burning inferno.

I half expected my father to burn, turning to ash within the heat of my flames.  He remains unscathed, his face turning to me with his usual smirk.  I can't help but return the impish grin.

He begins to rise up from the ground and I follow suit.  My flames open, like that of tangible wings, folding to my sides.  They blend with the flickering fire of my chestnut frame, but I can still feel them there.  My face turns, twisting from one side to the next, inspecting the new me.  A smile tugs at my lips, a newly lit spark in my eye.

Believe in yourself and anything is possible…

//Fire Mimicry-Summer Appearance-Fire Breathing-Water Immunity\\
    Fire Mimicry- Foxfire, Phoenix-Type Immortality, Fire Wings