• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  ReBeL jUsT fOr KiCkS [Twins & BJ]

The undead thing led the group from the quaint scenery of the Dale and into the barren wasteland that has become his home.  It was a wonderous place if one could appreciate the beauty in both its past and present.  Even now as the kingdom sits idle, he can find the beauty in its serenity.

That would change though, he could feel it in the marrow of his bones.

Escence had chattered nonstop since taking their leave.  The devious grin on his face does not dissipate, as his plan had worked perfectly.  The soft trod of heavy hoofbeats behind them was a sure indicator of his triumph.  As long as he kept his vivacious daughter happy then her twin would not stray.

Every once in a while, he introjects, prying Escence for more information.  "Breathing fire you say?!  That is quite the power there," his glowing red orbs look to Beetlejuice with a conniving glint, "wouldn't you agree BJ?"  He hadn't yet introduced the group, deciding to wait until they returned to the desert kingdom.

He turns to the east, picking a beaten path through some bramble vines.  There was a watering hole just on the other side where they could quench their thirst and rest from the journey.

When the meager pool comes into view he speaks, "It isn't as grand as the Dales lake but it provides substance to those who require it," stopping near a dead tree that provides only a sliver of shade from the heat of the day.  He allows the others to drink before he himself approaches the water, lowering his muzzle and sipping from the still surface.  A stream of water escapes the gape in his jaw and trickles down his exposed teeth, emptying back into the Pangean pond.

Lifting his head he looks to the group, turning his body to face them.  His eyes rove over the twins before settling on BJ, "Escence, Eviction, this is my old friend Beetlejuice.  I'm sure he wouldn't mind you calling him BJ."  He waits for his comrade to chime in on the introductory.  From his peripheral vision he can't help but notice Vic scuff.  There was a slight pleasure the undead thing found in his own sons' misery.

Zain
    ReBeL jUsT fOr KiCkS

@Beetlejuice 
    @ Escence 
    @ Eviction
    *Be Warned*
    Possesses health transference
    and may steal your health.
    //Blight-Undead Appearance-Fire Mimicry-Fire Immunity-Health Transference-Shadows\\
    Fire Mimicry- Glowing, Radiant Heat (warm to burning), Aesthetic Smoke
    Zain, with a small amount of help from Beetlejuice, had successfully stolen the children from their home in the Dale. Of course, it wasn't hard, as the filly was quite keen on her father and the colt, despite his protests, was not going to allow his sister to stray too far. They walked the long path to their new barren desert abode, Zain leading and the ghost following close behind, eyes locked on the trio intently as they made the journey. 

Beetlejuice was unsure of his old friend's plan, but he was certainly happy to be included in whatever debauchery was to come. The filly seemed to talk non-stop, but with her mention of fire-breathing, to which BJ's ears perk up. A useful asset it was, indeed. 

To Zain's question, a sly smile creeps across the ghost's dark face. "Ah, yes." He nods in agreement, looking to his undead companion. "Quite the interesting power. I can't wait to see you use it!" This was obviously not a complete lie - BJ was excited to see the filly's power, though more for his own sick fascination than anything else. 

When they reach the meager pond, Beetlejuice doesn't hesitate to trot from his place in the back of the bandwagon and drink hastily. They hadn't stopped since they left the Dale, which left him quite parched. He hardly notices Zain introduce him to the foals. Suddenly, the ghost lifts his head, a wide, mischievous smirk spreading across his face. "Yes, yes. BJ is fine, especially for my best friend's beautiful kids!" His gruff voice is laced with sarcasm, and he goes up to Zain and gives him a hard, yet friendly shove before locking eyes on Escense and Eviction. 

@ Zain 
    @ Escence 
    @ Eviction
    Escence & Eviction
    ~Twin Flame~

As the group crosses from the mountainscape of the Dale to that of the dusty canyons of Pangea I hardly notice.  I am too busy in my own selfish ramblings to notice the change of lands, nor the agitation of my twin.  I was going to make the most of this time with our father and he could either pout or leave.

My flame licked body prances to the front of the pack, nearest my father as I tell him of my newest discovery.  "Vic was trying to help me practice and instead of creating my wings I breathed FIRE!"  I exclaim excitedly, and proudly when my father boasts of my power.  A large smile wrapped in flames creases my ivory lips as I continue on ahead of the group.

I pause in my ramblings as the hyaline shimmer of a pool comes into view.  It was much smaller than the Dales lake but I still call out to my twin in excitement, "Look Vic!  A lake."  Even though I was quite literally made of fire I had a deep love for water.

My pace quickens and soon I am at the edge of the meager pool.  Staring into the mirrored surface I see my fiery reflection.  The black and blue stallion in my father's stead had beat me there and was just finishing when my father is speaking amongst the group.  I turn to look at the curious thing and smile politely.  There was something in his mannerisms that gave me the creeps, but I push the feelings beneath my flaming exterior.  "Hello BJ," I say kindly before lowering my muzzle to the water's surface.

Vic is soon begrudgedly at my side, his eerie white eyes glaring at the curious pair that accompanied us.  He pauses long enough in reply that it is both rude and awkward of a greeting before he too lowers his masked face to the water.  

His eyes shift to look at me with a gentled concern.  I give him a faint smile before lifting my head and walking towards the dead tree.  "So, what is there to do for fun around here?!"  Immediately I hear Vic scuff from behind me.

//Fire Mimicry-Summer Appearance-Fire Breathing-Water Immunity\\
    Fire Mimicry- Fox Fire, Pheonix-Type Immortality, Fire Wings(developing)

The undead being watches as his crew drinks eagerly from the Pangean waters.  There is a swell of pride in being able to provide for his friends and family.

His introductions goes smoothly as BJ concurs, giving him a nudge.  The icey blue eyes of the dark stallion rests on the twins and he feels obligated to give BJ a protective fatherly glance before his eyes shift to Escense, in particular. 

The heat of midday was sweltering when his daughter asked what there was to do for fun.  He smirks before replying, “We create our own fun.  Right BJ?”  There is a mild chuckle beneath the hidden meaning that he is sure his comrade shares.  “Feel free to explore on your own accord though,” he adds.

He draws a stride forward, “I have some kingdom business to attend to and then I can give you a formal tour upon my return.”  His gaze shifts from his offspring to his friend, “Now don't get into too much trouble while I'm gone.” 

Zain
    ReBeL jUsT fOr KiCkS

@Beetlejuice  Thought we should wrap this up for timeline sake
    *Be Warned*
    Possesses health transference
    and may steal your health.
    //Blight-Undead Appearance-Fire Mimicry-Fire Immunity-Health Transference-Shadows\\
    Fire Mimicry- Glowing, Radiant Heat (warm to burning), Aesthetic Smoke