• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Not All That Glitters is Gold[Family]

AuroraElis

The journey had been longer this time.  Maybe it was the chill of winter, or the heavy thoughts that plagued their minds.  No matter, she was glad for the company she kept as they winded their way back home.

The Dale seemed a tad warmer in comparison to the pine forests.  Gone was the snow and returning was the chatter of various songbirds.  The warmth in their songs causes her feathers to ruffle.

She smiles as their shelter comes into view, "Ah... home at last," she says to Jack with a smile.

Coming to the shelter she finds it vacant of the family's usual presence.  Her brow furrows in thought at where they could be.

Her golden flecked eyes move about the area as her body turns around to face the land.  "I wonder what kind of adventure they are on," she says with a chuckle.

They do not have to wonder long as they see a fiery glow dancing along the lands followed by the usual company.  She can hear the chatter from the distance even now and prepares herself for the ear full she will get when the filly excitedly rushes to her side...

Not all that glitters is gold

Jack's breathes a sigh of relief as he catches sight of their home on the horizon. The melodious chirping of songbirds fills the air, wrapping him in a blanket of tranquility. As they pass the border of The Dale, he feels a wave of reassurance and safety wash over him, and he leans in to nuzzle Aurora softly.

Surprised to find their home empty, Jack remains confident that Amenadiel is keeping watch over them. Their return is interrupted by the vibrant dance of orange and red hues that paint the horizon with infectious energy. Chuckling softly, he turns to Aurora and remarks, "I'm certain she had a wonderful time showing Crucis around. I feel bad for Amenadiel having to keep an eye on her,”

As they head for home, Jack notices the trio of Escence, Eviction, and Amenadiel, but Crucis is nowhere to be seen. Jack expresses his gratitude to Amendiel for looking after them, and before he can say anything else, Escence eagerly approaches, bubbling with excitement as she recounts her day. "Slow down, Escence," her mother says with a chuckle, her voice as angelic as ever. "Start from the beginning," Jack interjects, a smile on his face. He's overjoyed that they all had such a fantastic time.
    Escence & Eviction
    ~Twin Flame~

The spring in my step is undeniable even from a grand distance. I ramble as usual of all things relevant or irrelevant to current events. 

As the sun began to set on their day my flames ignited what darkness dare encroach upon their path.  They flicker about my flesh in curling spirals before pieces break off to dance on their own around me.  Of course, there is the unmistakable trail of ember and ash left behind me for the others to follow as I leap into a prancy trot when their shelter came into view.

"Mother!" I call across the twilight air, now shifting gears and galloping the rest of the way.

I slide to stop as I near where her and Jack stood whilst shouting, "Guess what?  Guess what we saw!"  Jack interjection hardly is complete before I am continuing with my announcement.

My expression is filled with excitement, "Amen is having a BABY!"  I jig in place as I tell them the good news, "I'm going to be an aunt!  Whatever that is!" My flames dance around me in shared excitement as I continue with my questions, "Mom what color was my egg?" 

//Fire Mimicry-Summer Appearance-Fire Breathing-Water Immunity\\
    Fire Mimicry- Foxfire, Phoenix-Type Immortality, Fire Wings
    Jack lifts his head towards Escence as Escence gleefully announces Amenadiel is having a baby. He barely gets any words out as she questions the color of her egg when she was born. He looks toward Aurora to gauge her response. He smiles at the announcement of the twins being aunt and uncle, respectively. "You are going to be great at being an aunt and uncle. But, it comes with a lot of responsibility, are you ready for that?" He smiles, knowing Escence will do whatever it takes to make sure this baby is full of love and happiness.

Jack nudges Aurora, smiling as Escence is dancing circles around the three of them.

AuroraElis

The caramel and cream mare watches as her daughter comes into view, and quickly before them.  The filly's wings had only shown themselves once but even without them Escence flew across the land in a ball of fire.

Her ear flicks forward at the announcement and Jacks question.  She couldn't picture any challenge the fiery girl wouldn't be willing to take on if the situation presented itself.  The last words the filly says has her chuckling, "Your egg?  Oh dear."

With a kind smile she waits her daughter to get done with her ramblings before looking to Vic and then Amen.  "I guess congratulations are in order," she says to the leather winged stallion, "Now what is this I hear about an egg?" 

The events of the twin's day are a welcome distraction to the events of Jacks and hers, but she does not let on to it right now.  There would be plenty of time later for business.

She can't help but notice the absence of the night sky mare.  "I hope you all behaved today and didn't scare off Crucis," she says.

Amenadiel smiles, chuckling hearing the excitement in Escence’s voice as she mentions his egg. His child. His flesh and blood. “Yes, I have sired a child,” he says to the caramel mare and bay stallion. “It is due to hatch soon,” His face goes sideways, hearing Escence’s questions, ones he really hoped wouldn't come up.

“Crucis wanted to explore the rest of the area on her own and wanted me to tell you thank you for the warm welcome,” he smiles.

“I am excited for you all to meet my child once they're born,”
    Escence & Eviction
    ~Twin Flame~

He had dragged himself from the aura of the glimmering egg and followed the group in whimsical thought.  There was something special hidden behind the thin veil of calcium shell.

As twilight overtook the brightness of day the stars began to show themselves.  He stops briefly to look up to the skies, just as Crucis takes her leave from their group.  Wonder plagues him of what it would feel like to fly amongst the stars.

He reaches the small grouping just as Escence asks about her egg and his pitless eyes roll.  Being the same age, they did not share the same insight of the world around them.  He loved his sister but sometimes he wonders how she's survived this far...

Talk of the new addition brings a smile to his face once more.  Their little family was growing, and it made his heart thrum within his chest with pride.  He would do anything to keep them all safe.  

Anything.

//Fire Mimicry-Healing\\
    Fire Mimicry- Glowing, Small Flames, Fire Aura
    **His fire mimicry trait colors are now black instead of orange**
    Current condition: disease carrier(blight)

AuroraElis

Her view adjusts to find Eviction smiling at mention of the new life Amen has been hiding away.  A flick of her ears forward is given when the winged stallion says it will hatch.  Her brow rises inquisitively but she does not question the peculiarity of the statement. 

Her attention turns to Amenadiel as he speaks of Crucis taking her leave.  The mares delicate face dips in understanding while her gown of feathers readjust.  "I see.  Well, I do hope she returns some time.  It is nice seeing a new face every once in a while," she says kindly.  

The stallion's excitement is apparent and with a smile she replies, "It looks like everyone is very excited to meet the child as well," she chuckles slightly before turning to the twins.  "Head in to bed.  We will be there shortly," her navy eyes direct the yearling to the den, waiting until they are out of ear shot before speaking.  "We found out what happened to Escence...  There is something, someone, in those forests.  A creature that looked very much like a... a goat," the features of her face wrinkle at the thought of what she was saying.  Her gaze shifts between Amen and Jack, "It showed us our worst fears before disappearing into the fog."

Her body turns just slightly to view the cavern where the twins were sleeping, "We will need to be extra careful now that there will be a little one running about."  The warning in her tone is crystal clear as she looks back to those gathered, "Since we are the only ones here, we will have to watch out for one another... Amen, tell Crucis if you see her, won't you?" 

With that she turns to Jack and nudges him gently before walking off to the shelter herself.  It had been a long and trying day.

Amenadiel lowers his head slightly at Aurora’s eye raise. He agrees with Aurora, “It is very nice to have a familiar face. I do too hope she comes back soon.” He bids the twins good night as they gleefully prance into their cave.
    His ears prick towards Aurora with the mention of a goat-horse and their worst fears. He isn’t sure what his worst fear would be but it would most likely involve his unborn child. “Thank you for letting me know. I’m not sure how you kept up with the twins, I hope that the baby will not cause too much trouble… famous last words, huh? Yeah, I will definitely let her know when I see her again. Good Night Aurora and Jack,” he nods them off as he turns himself and unfolds his wings before taking to the sky to protect his child.
    He lands against the cavern floor and curls himself up around the egg and falls asleep dreaming of his worst possible fears.