• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  what about the moon drop light

Spring was moving into summer, and Valoel felt the warm sunny days give him the confidence to wander further away from his family. There was no rebellious desire to do so - or if there was then it was the privileged rebellion wanting to be free of the devoted way with which his parents looked at each other, something that made the young colt scowl or roll his eyes.

His siblings were of no help - teasing him about this mild form of disgust - and so Valoel does not seek their company either as he moves through the meadow in the late afternoon, the sinking sun providing some relief from the heat that had surfaced during the day.

And for him, the growing shadows provide other benefits beyond a refreshing coolness. Valoel’s world is a hazy one - the glowing markings on his face lay just around his eyes, and in the daylight the combination of bright sunshine and white glow make his world dizzying and blindingly bright. Now that the light has changed, he finds he can see a little better. Everything is still viewed through a white viel, obscured, and he often wonders what things would look like without it. There are no bright colours for him, just a world of muted pastels and neutrals.

Through this muted haze he pauses to scan the meadow, the long grass tickling his skin where it brushes up against his legs. His impeded eyesight makes everyone appear dreamlike and thus further gives him courage - because even he has already learned that it is easy to be brave in dreams.

VALOEL

open thread for any foals!

Curious by nature, I had found out things about myself rather quickly.  My father had encouraged me all the while and with his love I began to blossom.  Each day a new adventure, with new things to discover.

One of my most recent discoveries was the fact I could fly!  Well, not in a traditional sense like my father.  I was not adorned with a set of skin taunt wings, but I found my way of air travel to be much less cumbersome in both the air and on the ground.  My long and slender body maneuvered through the air with ease, much like a fish to the sea.  

I was meant to be here, in the sky.

Today I found myself lost to the heavens, bounding from cloud to cloud until I was much farther than I had planned.  Looking to the horizon of the north I could still see the mountain tops of the Dale and so I do not worry that I am truly lost.  I would be home before father even knew I had wandered off.

My teal gaze falls to the sea of green below.  It looked warm and inviting so I decide to encroach upon the terrain and see what more I could discover today.

Leaping from invisible pedestal to pedestal I begin to descend from the blue skies.  The summer sun gleams off my pearled scales, illuminating me in a faux ethereal glow.  My golden clawed toes grasp the air in which I land before my powerful hindlegs send me to my next landing point until finally I reach the grassy plain.  

Landing with a soft thud I collect myself, allowing my gaze to sweep the vicinity.  Whether it was where I had land or the angle in which I stood, I did not see the other who occupies the same space as me, but a soft brushing of grass causes my long ears to flicker as I spin around to face whatever, or whoever, was making the noise.

E
    kstaCee

@Valoel  Not necessarily a foal but does baby dragon count??
    //Dragon Shifting-Jewel Touched-Twilight Manipulation-Immortality\\
    Eastern Dragon Shifter/Sky Type- abilities include air walking,
    storm creation and super senses.