• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I'm Gonna Own This Curse[Zain]
    Escence & Eviction
    ~Twin Flame~

Zain had left, the disturbing thing that is his father.  For kingdom duties he claimed but Eviction was unsure what truths lie in that statement, or any statement that comes from his cursed tongue. 

So he too slipped away under the cover of darkness.  Sneaking through the shadows and climbing the winding stairwell of the Mountain.  Only the fae could grant him a power to repay his father for the nasty deeds he has done and will do.  Some would say it was only an apple, but it was much more, he could feel it.

He would be back before the undead thing would even know.  The power he sought should be undetectable, right?  A simple slide of hand, one power of healing for one of both capabilities.  It would be that easy.

Easy.

It was anything but, fore time and time again he returned until his wish was granted.  And this time it was.  But why did it not feel simple?  Why did he have this gnawing feeling in the marrow of his bones when he awoke at the base of the great shrine.

His bright eyes look about the area.  Seeking to find explanation of this nagging in his chest.  His masked face lowers to the earth, pale ears twisting on top his head.  It was darker, lacking the usual pulsing orange glow that surrounded him since birth.

With peaked brow he lifts his face, now tipping it in a sharp angle to view his hooves.  In the black of night he should see the flames wicking about his feet, but they are seemingly gone.  His flames!  His glow!  It is…gone!

Panic quickens his heart beat.  What had he done?!  What had the fae done??

He blinks rapidly, again looking in the dark for any hint of orange aura.  But he finds nothing discernable.  That is until he detaches his fire aura, allowing it to expand around him.  There is something different about it.  Something dimmer, thicker… Sickly even.  He pushes it further, a faint pale extension of white light appears with a black halo at its edges.

It is in that faint pale white light that he sees the flicker of flame at his hooves.  Relief washes over him like a tidal wave, until he realizes the color is obsidian in hue.  Black flames?!  So much for unsuspecting…

His steps drag as he contemplates the excuse he would give his father upon his return to the prison that is Pangea.  What reasoning beyond magic would explain the color change? 

Black - Death. No, sickness!

Yes!  Sickness.

As he walks he practices his cough, drooping his ears and clearing his throat.  Hoarsing his voice he speaks out in broken phrases.  Yes this will be convincing enough, he thinks.

Day was well underway as he crosses the deserts border.  His dark eyes shift about, searching for any sign of his sister or father.  Again his heartbeat quickens as anxiety rises within him.  If he could find his twin first and convince her of his faux illness it might make it more convincing to his father.

His hopes instantly fade as he hears the gruff voice of his father creep up from behind him in a damning tone.

Where have you been?

He turn about quickly, much to agile for someone who is to be sick.  The words stammer, "I ah, was... I couldn't sleep, so I uh went for a walk..."  He swallows hard the lump rising in his throat,  a slight cough rising to choke it down, "I haven't been feeling the greatest."  His shoulder rolls as if motioning to the change that has taken over him.  "Some..something is wrong," a cough expels forcefully again as his eyes lower.

//Fire Mimicry-Healing\\
    Fire Mimicry- Glowing, Small Flames, Fire Aura

There was a light footedness in his step as he crossed the lands between the Gates and Pangea.  He had somehow swindled a trade of entities with the golden Queen, ridding his barren home of the tropical eye sore of healing.  The thought alone causes the bitter taste of bile on his tongue. 

As he crossed the borders his eyes scanned the terrain.  Partially looking to where the bloody statue came to rest, and partially seeking out his captives.  Surely, they would not defy his strict orders of remaining within the holy kingdom.

His long lanky stride moves him quickly across the cracked dust of Pangea.  But it isn't far, and he comes up on a familiar but unfamiliar figure on the horizon.  His brow peaks in curiosity at first but as he nears, he realizes something is amiss.  Something about his son's color has changed.  A change only magic was capable of, he is sure.

“Where have you been?”  He says with an accusing voice.  The boy spins around, clearly surprised at the sudden noise from behind.  The undead thing stops, suspicion rising as the boy stutters nervously.

The creature knows sickness and knows health.  His facial features display a look of disbelief at his son's words.  “Is that so,” he says plainly, “let's test that theory shall we.”  He is about to uncurl the black magic within him until a chipper voice calls out, Vic!  Where have you been??  I've been looking everywhere for you.  What happened to your flames?!  It is none other than his fiery daughter that now approaches with questions of her own.  “Yes Vic, please do tell,” the words are thick with sarcasm. 

As he awaits the lie he is sure is to come, he reaches his black fingered threads towards his son.  They stroke the edges of his now dark facade, tasting the health within the boy.  As suspected, there is no hint of disease, no taste of illness.  The only outward indicator of him knowing is the tightening of the remaining muscle in his jaw. 

More uncertain words fall from the colt's lips and though his sister is quick to console him, the undead thing is even quicker to interject.

“Boy, do you take your father for a fool?  You really think you can pull the wool over my eyes,” his words are harsh as he steps towards Eviction.  “I know disease and you, my son, are far from infested.  A liar yes, but ill no,” as he says the words every living piece of vegetation surrounding them begins to wither.  The twins notice, looking at their surroundings in cowering stances.

His gaze does not shift from the masked boy like theirs dart about in angst.  He knows what his powers have done fore he instructed it so.  The glowing red of his eyes brighten, puffs of smoke rise from his undead lips. 

The boy begins an apology of sorts, shifting his eyes between his father and sister.  Escence stands next to her father, just slightly behind, and watches nervously.  He speaks again, “I told you to stay in Pangea!  I'm not sure what you think you are doing but I will not stand for this disobedience. And I surely will not allow you to influence your sister in this way either…” 

His view shifts then, to his precious darling daughter before he continues, “Eviction, you will be going to the kingdom called the Gates.  There you will represent Pangea and your family.  You will learn, obey and report your findings back to me when I come to check in on you…” he pauses briefly while shifting his view again, “if you feel like defying these orders you WILL fall ill… very ill I assure you.” 

Both twins look at him with disbelief, unsure of what to do or say.  “Come daughter, say goodbye to your brother and let him be on his way,” his body turns, bringing his muzzle to brush along her flame covered neck.  Slowly she walks up to Vic, red eyes watering as she embraces him.  I'll come visit soon, ok?  Just be good and father will let you come home.  I'll talk to him.  Love you Vic…  She peels away from him, returning to her father's side.

The creature turns his head to now look in a southernly direction, “Go as far south as you can.  When the fields turn lavender, you will be in the Gates.  Find Myrna, their Queen, she is expecting you.  You will address her as your Majesty.”  He turns to walk off with Escence, and within a stride or two he stops and calls back to his son, “Do not disappoint me Vic.”  With that the pair heads off towards the heart of the desert lands.

Zain
    ReBeL jUsT fOr KiCkS
    *Be Warned*
    Possesses health transference
    and may steal your health.
    //Blight-Undead Appearance-Fire Mimicry-Fire Immunity-Health Transference-Shadows\\
    Fire Mimicry- Glowing, Radiant Heat (warm to burning), Aesthetic Smoke
    Escence & Eviction
    ~Twin Flame~

What transpires is nothing like what he rehearsed.  He father clearly disillusioned by his lie calls him out as his fire twin comes to be at his side.  He pleads the same story to her, but before he can get anywhere his father is reprimanding him again.

He looks around, more dumbfounded than confused.  He tried and he failed.  Then things begin to get sickly and die around them.  His memories bring him back to the day in the orchard with Jack.

As his father continues with damnation he tries to apologize.  But again, that gets him nowhere.  It's as if his mind had already been made up and there was no convincing him otherwise.

Next comes threats.  Would he really make me sick?  His own son?!  Anger begins to boil deep within him.  Escense comes and gives him a hug, her face wet with tears.  His presses his muzzle into her neck, holding onto her for as long as he can.  "Forgive me sister," he whispers into her warm flames.  He was leaving her alone with this monster.  In that moment he makes a solemn vow to return with vengeance. 

The black flames along his flesh wick just a bit higher as the cursed thing turns his back.  He is about to ask just where this Gates is?  Was he supposed to just wander about like a stray pup until he happened upon it.  But of course, his father is quicker than he is and gives him directions, if you could call it that.  He holds the rattle that was creeping up his larynx until the pair are out of sight.  

"Ugghhhh!!" He shouts angrily, with a heavy snort.  His hooves stomp, chasing to the air the pollen and spores of the dead plant matter.  Unbeknownst to him, the particle, riddled with blight enter his nostrils as he takes a deep inhale.  He turns to the south, not noticing the once dead plant springs back to life once more.  A simple thoughtless exchange, but one that is life altering...

Part one of quest post- transferring a disease to himself from blighted plant matter
    //Fire Mimicry-Healing\\
    Fire Mimicry- Glowing, Small Flames, Fire Aura