• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Do You Ever Dream; Beyza
    Crucis
    As the sun descends behind the horizon, casting a warm glow over the land, Crucis decides to part ways with the group. Her heart is filled with gratitude for the warm welcome to Beqanna; she longs to explore the realm alone. With a graceful and deliberate movement, she unfurls her magnificent wings adorned with intricate, dark purple constellations and takes flight into the vast expanse of the evening sky. Glancing back, she sees the others in wide-eyed awe at her majestic flight.
    A contented smile graces her face before redirecting her focus to the heavens, her wings beating rhythmically as she ascends into the night, seamlessly blending into the darkness. Alone in the serene stillness of the night sky, she takes a moment to reflect on her future. Despite the warm reception from Escence’s family, she has yet to encounter anyone else in this new land. The question lingers in her mind: Shouldn't this kingdom have a ruler? Perhaps she could stake my claim to the throne. Maybe there's no one to contest it. 

The desire to become a queen has been instilled in her by her mother from a young age, and the aspiration has taken root in her heart. However, finding the current ruler is a daunting task ahead of her. As much as she relishes the tranquility of soaring through the night sky, she recognizes the need to find a place to rest before seeking out the kingdom's leader, knowing that the encounter will likely demand all her strength and energy.
    After a vigilant search, she discovers a secluded clearing nestled among the trees, encircling a serene pond that shimmers under the moon's gentle light. Landing with a graceful flourish on the pond's edge, she rests her majestic wings, strikingly reflecting the calm waters. Lost in thought, she softly repeats,"Queen Crucis... Queen of The Dale, First of Her Name..." savoring the resonance of her newfound title. Satisfied with her newfound purpose, she drifts into a peaceful slumber, ready to pursue her lifelong dream.
    After all, this is why she has embarked on her journey to Beqanna. The next morning arrives with a symphony of birdsong, signaling the dawn of a new day. As the first light of daybreak paints the sky with hues of gold and rose, Crucis stretches out her powerful legs and extends her wings to their full span, relishing the sensation before tucking them back to her sides. After quenching her thirst with a few refreshing sips of water, she sets out in search of answers on how to ascend to the esteemed position of Queen Crucis, Queen of The Dale, First of Her Name.

pexels

@ Beyza
    Beyza is thinking of other things when she spots the unfamiliar mare in the Dale’s morning light. The star-speckled coat of her is something she has been accustomed to seeing, and she has no trouble believing this is yet another one of a collection of family members spread wide across Beqanna. She knows there are a few small families living in the Dale - but the times are such that she does not need to bother them. There are no ranks anymore, no castes to climb up and prove yourself with. No need for a champion when Beyza is both capable and willing to handle any such matters by herself.

There isn’t even really a queen - for the Dale is hardly a kingdom.

She is a guardian, more than anything. Protecting the pieces of Hyaline and the Dale for what they had once been, pretending that she is protecting those living here from threats that no longer exist in the world.

Beyza ultimately approaches the young mare because she has likely already been spotted, and she is a little curious about the younger generations that have spawned up in Beqanna while the rest of them have seemed to be frozen in time.

“Good morning.” She dips her head a little as she comes to a stop nearby. The crown is not there today - it rarely is, unless one of her children requests it - and she settles her blinkless white gaze on the mare. “I’m Beyza.”

There doesn’t seem to be any need to say anything else - either the stranger will have something to say or she won’t, and they can both go on with their days.

BEYZA

@Crucis
    The young mare gracefully navigates through the dense thicket of trees and brush, maneuvering over puddles and rocks until she comes to a halt, captivated by the sight of an iridescent horse just mere steps away. As the horse approaches her and dips her head, the mare reciprocates the gesture. After exchanging pleasantries, the mare learns that she is in the presence of the Queen, the esteemed ruler of the Dale. With reverence, she addresses the Queen as "Crucis," lowering herself to one knee before rising. "Your Majesty, respectfully, I’ve heard there’s been no presence of a Queen in The Dale for quite some time. I’d like to change that if I could? We could put it to a vote if you so prefer."

She can see it, almost taste it. What she has wanted for so long might be finally coming true. She might very well become Queen. Even if it is for The Dale. She doesn't quite know the history, but she will learn and she will honor the land in which they stand. That is, if Beyza was to accept her proposal.

@ Beyza
    Never in her life has Beyza been addressed as such, nor seen leaders treated in such a way. It is so beyond ridiculous to watch someone bow to her and call her ‘your majesty’ that she does not know how to react. Her expression remains as blank as ever - giving away nothing in those white eyes as she regards this mare with new, unkind, interest.

How fascinating, to be a stranger and walk in - asking to be queen. The boldness of youth.

“No.” Beyza says simply. There is no emotion in her voice - just surety. No explanation is provided, for either her presumed absence or the reasons for declining this bizarre request. She wonders where this little idea had come from, and if the family that had moved into the Dale had helped to seed it. If so, that seemed an odd way to react to being left in peace - Beyza didn't believe in being meddlesome.

Although she had previously believed this mare to be one of many star-marked sons and daughters, she revises her thoughts. She had never given any thought to Beqanna having customs before, but either this mare has walked out of the distant past or she has come from somewhere else where they do things very differently. Her voice is serene when she asks “You’re not from Beqanna, are you?”

BEYZA

@Crucis
    Crucis

Crucis is taken aback naturally when Beyza replies no to her proposal. She shows no hurt, or emotion, despite a quick tail flick to her flank, though she felt her heartbreak, being denied her birthright. At least she still believes it is her birth right, despite not being from around here. She couldn’t have expected that she can waltz into a new foreign place and take control over the kingdom.
    She stands tall and proud as she responds, ”My apologies, Queen Beyza for my rude and rather quick proposal. You are right Ma’am, I am not from around here. I was raised from royal bloodlines far away from here and just as I was to ascend the throne, my land got destroyed by a horrific volcanic eruption which then caused a even more tragic quake which split the land in two,”she lowers her head in respect for the fallen. “There were no survivors,”she pauses before continuing on.
    “Including my family. I had only wished to continue my family name elsewhere, and The Dale is where I had landed after hopping from land to land trying to establish a home. I had heard from others that they believed there not to be a ruler of this fine land. But alas, a fine leader is ruling indeed. I see that now,”

She dips herself head to the regal Arabian mare that stands before her, hoping something she said has changed. Praying that she did not blow her chance of ever fulfilling her lifelong dream and role.

pexels

@ Beyza
    While Beyza feels sympathy for Crucis losing her family, there are holes in the story - and how it relates to their current situation - that leave her confused as well. She decides to ignore the continued use of the title she doesn’t care for or the ‘ma’am’ that is trying a little too hard to earn her respect. But her face remains as neutral and stone-like as ever, those unblinking eyes observing Crucis and all her performance.

“There was one survivor.” Beyza corrects - pointing out the obvious. If there were no survivors, Crucis would not be standing here before her.

She does not shift, change her expression, and does not move - Beyza barely requires breathing to function, after all. It entertains her to believe others think her gone - as though her stark white form was somehow easy to miss among the green and greys that compose this land. Perhaps they thought she was a ghost. “I know that others live here, even if they do not know I am here, but the time for rulers that meddle has passed. No one needs a queen anymore. This land is well protected and that is all that matters.”

“I am sorry for the loss of your family, Crucis, but if you wish to make them proud I would suggest working for the title you seek instead of assuming birthright alone is enough.” It was very childlike of this mare to believe so, cementing Beyza’s view that she was young indeed. Despite the tragedy that she had experienced, there was so much learning left to do. And what good would a naive queen be, even in these hollow times?

BEYZA

@Crucis