• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The Past is Behind Us; Time to Look Forward-[Anahi]

all of us have a hero and a villain in us

Archam listened to Anahi as she expressed her worry for him, he nudged her with comfort. Her concern made him ponder how well she would be as a lead mare. She interacted well with the other equines in the herds, he knew she would make a great mother and she cared about the politics of the herd.

"I'm always worried about an attack on the herd, there is so many horses, its hard to keep an eye on everyone" he hasn't seen two of his mares in quite some time, they weren't even here for breeding season. "I'm alright though" he says with a smile, again allowing his body to rest on hers. Archam was fully excited to see there offspring this year, he couldn't wait to be there for all his foals. 

archam

Anahi nuzzled the base of Archam's neck, understanding his concerns for his herd. He was a stallion after all, and he had a good number of mares to protect; it made sense on why he would be so worried, if not defensive of them all.

The champagne mare smiled at the stallion, looking down at him as he rested his body against hers, "You do not have anything to fear Archam. Your mares, including myself, are happy here. We have a wonderful home that protects us. We have food, water, and a stallion that watches over us. We will be welcoming new life to the herd next year, and I know we are all excited to see our little ones. I do not think any of us would be happy to leave. You do not have to worry about us doing that; we won't be taken so easily."

The stallion felt comfortable with Anahi, at peace. She was always kind, and was willing to boost his spirits in time of need, and she did just that. He couldn't help but grow a smile when the mare talked about how well he was doing as a lead stallion. He never thought that he was a bad alpha, but it was nice to have it confirmed by a herd member. Anahi did not fully trust Archam in the beginning, it had been a pleasure getting to know the mare. "Heart warming to hear that" he said playfully nudging the mare. His gaze looked for hers with a serious question "Anahi, how would you feel being the alpha mare?" he wanted her honest opinion. She was level headed, and always willing to help out the other mares. If she was jealous he never let it show, he needed a mare to keep the herd safe if he were ever needed to go to war for the kingdom, and he thought Anahi would be perfect. It was a demanding job though, and if the mare did not want to than he would not press for it.

archam

To say that Anahi was caught off guard by Archam's question was an understatement. Had she really heard him right? He was asking her if she wanted to be the alpha mare of the herd? What in the world did he see in her that he was asking that of her?

"I-I-I'm flattered Archam, but... but, why me? Aren't some of the other mares more worthy than me?"

Archam watched the champagne mare for a reaction, which was surprise. It was only natural for the mare to be taken aback by his request, most mares are hungry for the lead mare position, although Anahi wasn't and that was what he liked. A smile grew on his face as she smiled, he thought it was cute that she was confused about his decision. "Well, you get a long with the other mares and I think they would respect you as the alpha. You are always there for me, and I feel comfortable leaving you in charge of my herd in my absence." His words were truthful, he looked for her gaze hopeful that she was ultimately happy with his request and would accept.

archam

Anahi saw the stallion smiling, and she playfully nudged his hindquarters with her hips, "And just what are you smiling at?

"Never mind, not the point." The champagne mare stepped away from him a moment, thinking over this 'proposition' of his. Anahi didn't know if she would be a good fit. As a diplomat, she did take frequent trips out to the Field in order to try and recruit new horses. Of course, as time passed, she wouldn't be able to do it as often, especially when her pregnancy neared its last month. Right now, she was fine, but she always made sure to return home.

She was like the other mares that way. Anahi left when she had to, but always came back. She came back because she had a home to return to, a place where she loved peacefully living her life. Everything here was nice, peaceful, quaint, and even if she didn't get along with all of the mares all of the time, there had never been any fights involving her. She didn't really like getting into fights; she preferred peace, using words to settle problems.

Still unsure, Anahi walked back toward Archam, looking at him with a questioning expression on her face, "Archam, do you truly believe that I will be the best fit for this position you are asking me to take on?"

He released a laugh as she swayed her hips into his quarters, gently tugging at her mane until she whisked away. His smile disappeared, had he said something wrong? Her joy was sucked away as she stared at him with a serious look, and he returned one to her. She still did not respond to his question, and she must have been thinking it over. Weighing the pros and cons to being the lead mare of the herd. His body grew with curiosity, would she really deny being the lead mare? He enjoyed her company and wanted nothing mare than for her to be there with him.

His gazed trailed up looking for her eyes, she asked if he believe if she was the best fit. "I think you would make the best lead mare, you have a level head, you don't go off looking for drama. I enjoy your company, and it seems as you enjoy mine" a smile laugh slipped as he put a joke in there conversation. A smile remaining on his face, hopeful that she would not reject his request, he wanted her to lead beside him. To care for the herd in his absence should a war happen. 

archam

Anahi smiled at the stallion, "I do enjoy your company. You are kind, polite, caring, and you always do what's best for your mares. I am happy that I joined your herd."

The champagne mare craned her neck out and nuzzled the stallion behind his ears. She took in a breath and faced him, her eyes still serious, but with a new glint of happiness in them. The same glint that had appeared the day she found out she was officially pregnant.

"Archam, I appreciate that you think I am the best fit for lead mare. I never thought I would ever say this, but, if you think I can, I will accept your offer of becoming the lead mare. The others have been nothing but nice to me, and it would be my honor to help watch over and protect them if you have to leave. I will do my best, and I will never let you down."

For a few breaths it was just silence, all you could hear was the critter scurrying around them, the splash of the creek, the wind that blew between his ears. The silence was broken when Anahi responded, his lips curled with a smile she admitted to enjoying his company. He had strong feelings that she did enjoy his company, but it was nice to have it confirmed. He didn't know if she loved him, but heck he didn't even know if he loved her, but she probably has come the closest to love.

As she reached up to nuzzle his ears he extended his muzzle to nuzzle her cheek. His gaze met hers that were filled with joy, forcing a smile to appear. He was glad the the champagne mare was happy with him, happy to be in the herd. Anahi accepted his offer to be the lead mare, she agreed to watch over the herd and be there when he was gone. He moved his body closer to her, pressing his against hers "You will make a perfect lead mare" he said as he layed his head on her back, he was sure he found a perfect mare for the herd, and soon they would have a foal to care for.

archam

Anahi nickered as the stallion laid his head on her back, his body close to hers. The mare nuzzled the base of Archam's neck, a smile creeping onto her face.

"And no matter if our little one is a filly or a colt, I will be sure to teach him or her the ways of protecting the herd. I would do so even if I were not lead mare. I assure you you'll be proud of our little one."