• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Just by my Lonesome
    Heart 
    Rebel
    [Image: 9ae7b19603e46dab2d016856856c4589.jpg]
    4 year old mare
    Blue Roan Paint with Blue Eyes
    16 hands high
    No foals
    No mate
    No herd

I snorted softly, my blue eyes scanning the field around me, noticing horses off in the distance. Yet, I was fine with them staying where they were and acting as if I didn't enter the area. I was fine with that, I'd been alone since I was able to be weaned off my mother. As soon as I was old enough, I'd been driven away from my herd, away from my mother, and my friends. And it was all because another stallion killed my father and chased all his foals that were too young to breed with.

If I had been old enough to breed at the time, I'd have been left witb my herd. But that was years ago, merely a weaning. And now look at me, I was as tall as my father and had filled out like my mother. I remembered my family, my parents - my father was a black and white paint with blue eyes and my mother was a red roan witb hazel eyes. They were both flashy and took great care of their herd as a lead mare and stallion should. They always made sure to make time for me and my older brother as well.

My brother had also been driven away, he was merely a year older than I was - he'd been driven away weeks before I had. So I had no chance of staying with him and now here I was - alone. I lifted my head, watching the groups of other horses in the field grazing together. And I stood here alone, the odd one other, watching a few foals run and play though they didn't go far from their families. Otherwise their mothers or fathers would call them back and they would obey, some more willing than others.

I did want that life, a mate, a foal...more than anything else I wanted a family. I swished my tail, slowly lowering my head to the grass, ninbling at it as my ears twisted, listening to anything and everything around me. I needed to stay alert, I had to keep myself safe. It was just part of being alone, staying on edge. It wasn't that I hasn't tried joining herds. It was just that...they hadn't exactly accepted me into the herd. They would usually cast me away - saying I was too flashy, that I'd draw unwanted attention to their herd.

It has been ages since he has been to the field. Well, as awkward as he is, you can just about imagine how, uh, interesting it can be when he traverses this place. The last time he had found a very nice mare who had, amazingly enough though, followed him back to his herd. Or, well, what he calls a herd even if it can’t really pass for one yet. She’s gone now anyway, so what does he really have? Pretty much diddly squat.

In any case, he’s here again, trying to figure out if he actually has a shot with any of these lovely young women roaming the field. In most cases, that would be a resounding no. Unless they’re into rather plain young men who are little rough around the edges. And awkward. Let’s not forget that.

He’s not entirely without good attributes. He has a solid build and a nice shape, even if his coat is a rather drab, dusty black. And the sunlight is his to command. That’s pretty cool. Mostly he just uses it for party tricks, but it seems to entertain well enough (namely, himself. Does that even count?). Whatever it is, it’s there. He has it.

Which is great and all. But when it comes down to it, it’s first impressions that count. And frankly, his suck. But I guess there’s nothing to do but try.

He spots a roan paint mare a little ways off that catches his eye. She’s a cute thing, and let’s be real, he seems to have a thing for roans. So he approaches. His step is a little hesitant, but he hides that behind the bright grin that seems to automatically curve his lips. As he nears, he sends a little tendril of light before him, causing a brilliant sun-yellow lily to bloom a foot or so in front of the mare.

”Flower?” he asks, a note of hopefulness in his voice. He pauses a moment, realizing then that he hadn’t considered this far ahead enough to think of something to say next. ”Uh, I’m Astray.” Clearing his throat, he scrambles for something to add. So he continues, rather lamely I might add, with ”How are you?”

who am i supposed to be
    if everything good is taken from me?

astray