• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  the living are hungry; ALL
    i don't love you;
    but i always will.
    More come; she looks and she listens.
    Fay comes; she lights in a way that was not thought possible of Riva, as she beams happily at her friend.
    She is content to rest amongst those that have chosen the sisterhood above all else, many of them await the new initiation rites that will constitute them as sisters and not just outsiders that haunt the Jungle’s epicenter. First, there is the matter of alliances as kingdoms are thrown out in the offering then nixed just as quickly for one reason or another. She looks to Lexa to see what the decision will be on such matters, for it all comes down to the Queen’s word in the end. They are decided on the Falls for certain, and talks of a treaty with the Dale since it seems rather lacking all around. Riva can barely stomach the mention of that horrid place, and she swallows back the bitter bile of spite that rises in her throat - she’ll make no comment in regards to the Dale and its state of affairs.

“If their king is as progressive as he seems to be, he will not let the opinions of one sway the rest. He should at least be open to discussions of an alliance, if nothing else.” It is all she offers on the matter, unable to say much in regards to the Chamber. She had come shortly after they had burned the Jungle down, or tried to anyway and she could feel nothing but tremendous ire towards them for that. Perhaps she was too easily swayed by Lagertha’s old hates, how they lingered in the back of Riva’s mind and she had not mistaken the depth of feeling in the gray mare’s voice.

The bay tovero is utterly solemn as she takes a step forward as others have just done, and she repeats the very words that Lexa had said to them --
    “To the Jungle, I swear my service, to the best of my ability. To this kingdom, I swear my body and my blood. To my sisters, I swear my loyalty and love, for all the days of my life.”
    It is done, she is sworn to them now and Riva steps back into the group of mares that make up the Amazons. She is one of them now, an Amazon and pride fills her breast, hot and fierce, like the look in her eyes.

Riva

Messages In This Thread
    the living are hungry; ALL - by Lexa - 07-19-2016, 11:38 PM
    RE: the living are hungry; ALL - by Celeana - 07-20-2016, 06:46 PM
    RE: the living are hungry; ALL - by riva - 07-24-2016, 10:39 PM
    RE: the living are hungry; ALL - by Odezsa - 07-26-2016, 04:07 PM
    RE: the living are hungry; ALL - by Lexa - 07-26-2016, 10:56 PM
    RE: the living are hungry; ALL - by Draconis - 07-27-2016, 06:12 PM
    RE: the living are hungry; ALL - by Joscelin - 07-28-2016, 01:09 PM
    RE: the living are hungry; ALL - by riva - 07-28-2016, 01:29 PM
    RE: the living are hungry; ALL - by Odezsa - 07-29-2016, 10:45 AM
    RE: the living are hungry; ALL - by Celeana - 07-29-2016, 12:03 PM