• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  the living are hungry; ALL
    everyone thinks I'm Clever and brave

She had shifted and flown back to Beqanna as quickly as her little wings would let her. Sometimes she would come to the ground and shift back to horse form before continuing at a gallop again. Something drastic had happened! For as long as she'd been away from Beqanna, her lone quetzal tattoo had remained on her shoulder. She could often bob her head down and stare at the energetic bird as he flitted back on forth on the flower he resided on. And then suddenly, as she was grazing quietly in some foreign land, he'd disappeared. She dropped her head, sniffed at her now empty shoulder and panicked. Anyone who'd lived in Beqanna for any length of time knew of the magic and how dangerous (and sometimes fickle) it could be. Some of the horses could wield magic (like the ones who had set the Jungle ablaze not so long ago) and there were magic fairies and other creatures that enjoyed controlling the lives of the Beqannians.

She was in her equine form again as she comes to the very edges of Beqanna. She watched silently as she tried to catch her breath. From what she could see, everything seems normal. Horses are still milling about their business. Some more rushed than others - though none seemed to be as concerned as she was and there was currently no gaping flaw in the whole of Beqanna. After a pause, she shifts back to her Quetzal form and flies towards her old home. As she goes, she comes through the Tundra and some of the more central lands before flying past the tail edge of the Deserts. Her wings stretch wide and she diverts her path to fly more towards the Deserts. There are no recognizable landmarks anymore and the majority of it is covered in water with a few tiny sand dune islands sticking up here and there. Malka cannot imagine what could've caused such damage, but she is positive that it is related the the loss of her quetzal friend.

Besides other birds in the sky, there are few creatures left in the Desert and so Malka continues on her flight home. It takes her another few hours of flight, with her taking breaks when she needs them, before she reaches the edge of the Jungle. She comes down slowly, perching quickly among the trees as she listens intently for any sound that could lead her to where she wanted to be. After a moment, she picks up the light sound of voices in the distance and slipping to the ground to obtain her equine form once again, the paint mare moves to follow the sounds. It does not take her long to reach the gathering and as she looks around, she is somewhat relieved to see that none of the horses gathered are ones that she knows.

Here she was in a position where she could start over again - where no one could judge her based on her past and wrong-doings (or lack of doings at all). There were few benefits of being immortal, but this sure was one of them. She listens quietly as everyone speaks, many offering names and several offering ideas on Alliances. Malka had no clue on where anyone stood in this day and age (for she had been gone for over a decade), but knew that in the past life the Chamber had always been trouble. She doubts little had changed in that aspect as she hears the reluctant way others speak of the dark lands. She takes in everything they all have to say and nods silently in agreement in a few parts, mostly regarding treaties/alliances with the Dale/Falls - as neutral kinds though, they'd always stayed out of volatile situations by not offering warriors, but rather protection when others needed it.

And then the lead mare speaks again and Malka smiles softly. The Oath. An Oath she had said once before, more decades ago than she could remember, when her sister Echion had ruled the throne. Oh how she missed those days with Kagerou, Scorch and Echion all by her side. When the offer is laid out, Malka is the first to step forward.

"My name is Malka, and I'd like to take the Oath....," she says confidently, and in her mind, she adds a silent 'again' to her words. "To the Jungle, I swear my service, to the best of my ability. To this kingdom, I swear my body and my blood. To my Sisters, I swear my loyalty and love, for all the days of my life." When the words have slipped from her mouth, she takes a slow step back again. She wasn't sure in what aspect she would serve the Jungle - probably more diplomatic than anything as she was getting too old to be caught up in constant battles. Age had brought her much wisdom and it was that which she would offer her new sisters.

Malka

(OOC: Hi, everybody!)

Messages In This Thread
    the living are hungry; ALL - by Lexa - 07-19-2016, 11:38 PM
    RE: the living are hungry; ALL - by Celeana - 07-20-2016, 06:46 PM
    RE: the living are hungry; ALL - by riva - 07-24-2016, 10:39 PM
    RE: the living are hungry; ALL - by Odezsa - 07-26-2016, 04:07 PM
    RE: the living are hungry; ALL - by Lexa - 07-26-2016, 10:56 PM
    RE: the living are hungry; ALL - by Draconis - 07-27-2016, 06:12 PM
    RE: the living are hungry; ALL - by Joscelin - 07-28-2016, 01:09 PM
    RE: the living are hungry; ALL - by riva - 07-28-2016, 01:29 PM
    RE: the living are hungry; ALL - by Odezsa - 07-29-2016, 10:45 AM