• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  the living are hungry; ALL

the dead are gone

And then suddenly, there’s more.

The appaloosa, Riva and Odezca are quickly joined by a number of faces, two that she recognizes, and one that she does not. She smiles broadly to see that Joscelin and Draconis have remained (an extra quirk pulls at her lips at the sight of her old friend), and nods in greeting to the painted newcomer. There is life in the Amazons yet!

She listens as each of them speak in turn, listening to their suggestions. She is more than a little pleased when Riva, Odezca and the newcomer add their voices to Celeana’s (who quickly introduces herself) in requesting for initiation. Their ranks are not nearly as empty as she had thought.

But initiation will wait for a moment or two. First, to discuss their possible alliances.

Draconis and Celeana both suggest the Falls, and while she agrees with the suggestion, she’s not sure that it will pan out. “The Falls would be a good choice with their healing waters, but I wonder if they will accept. I visited them to offer them an alliance under Lagertha’s rule, but they were hesitant to tie themselves to us. In the end, they were only willing to accept a treaty between our two kingdoms. We are simply too often embroiled in wars, and they were concerned about the possibility of being dragged into a fight not their own. I doubt our recent participation in defending the Deserts will have gone unnoticed.” Of course, Kreios had defended the Deserts as well, but he had gone as a family member, not as a representative of the Falls.

Then suddenly a thought strikes her. "I wonder if they too have been affected by this loss of magic." It's hard to imagine. The healing waters have been there for so long - the loss would be a great blow to all of Beqanna. "But, even if the waters have lost their power, they would be a good choice. They are one of the more active kingdoms currently." And they do not seek out fights, though she leaves that unsaid. “Perhaps we should once again extend the branch and offer an alliance, but we should fully expect that they might wish to keep the status quo. We should not reject that if that’s what they wish, but it is disheartening to hear that some of their diplomats are predisposed against us. I hope that does not affect our relationship with them.” She hadn’t experienced anything of the like during her trip there, she hopes it’s not a sign of future relations.

She next addresses Joscelin’s suggestions of the Dale and the Chamber, and she cannot help the coldness that enters her voice when she speaks of Killdare’s kingdom. It pains her to think of allying with the kingdom in which her mother had died. “I would hesitate to extend any peace to the Chamber. With this recent raid, their king has proven himself to be a warmonger and willing to attack for nothing more than a desire to put his friend on a foreign throne. If we allied with them we could become far too easily embroiled in their battles.” Of course with this most recent raid they’d managed to get dragged in regardless, but at least they’d had the choice to do so, and had not been required to as an ally of the Chamber. “I do appreciate the suggestion though, and I would like to hear the opinions of our other sisters on this matter.” She is honest in that, no condescension is meant. Whatever her feelings on the matter, if the majority of her sisters wish her to extend the olive branch, she will. Her brown eyes look to Celeana, Riva, Odezca and the newcomer. “What do you think? Should we attempt to broker peace with the Chamber?” As for the Dale …

She thinks aloud, considering. “I would be inclined to prefer a treaty with the Dale at the moment. They are a weaker, less active kingdom, and some of the other kingdoms could see them as a target. Of course, they do have a few rather powerful beings on their side …” She pauses, thinking of Weir (she does not, of course, know of his recent defection to the Tundra). The roan stallion has an incredible and versatile power. She knows first hand that being on the wrong end of it is not pleasant. And Weir is not the only powerful creature in the Dale. “That said, breaking the ties we have with them would be even less wise, considering some of the powers in their kingdom. You are right Joscelin, we should continue continue our alliance, if they are willing.”

As for Riva’s suggestion of the Tundra …

She pauses for a moment, considering. And the more she ponders, the more she likes the idea. With the recent changes to the traditional Tundra hierarchy, the Tundra has become a far more powerful, active force. They could be a powerful ally. “The Tundra would be a good choice I believe. They are more powerful now than they have been in a long, long time, and it would be good to have them on our side. Hopefully new leadership will allay any concerns this Vaughan might have.”

She falls silent then, giving the other mares time to respond and add their own thoughts. Once they are done, she speaks up again. It’s time for the initiation. “Those of you who wish to take the oath, please step forward.” A small sound catches her ear and she turns her head slightly to see a jaguar peering out at them through the bushes. It’s not a true jaguar though, she knows in her heart. It’s all that remains of their Jungle spirit. It’s heartening, to her at least, to have the spirit oversee the swearing in of their newest sisters, even if it can no longer grant them the tattoos of old. Her brown eyes return to the gathered mares, and she begins the words that she herself said so long ago. “Repeat after me. To the Jungle, I swear my service, to the best of my ability. To this kingdom, I swear my body and my blood. To my Sisters, I swear my loyalty and love, for all the days of my life.”

and the living are hungry.

lexa.

Messages In This Thread
    the living are hungry; ALL - by Lexa - 07-19-2016, 11:38 PM
    RE: the living are hungry; ALL - by Celeana - 07-20-2016, 06:46 PM
    RE: the living are hungry; ALL - by riva - 07-24-2016, 10:39 PM
    RE: the living are hungry; ALL - by Odezsa - 07-26-2016, 04:07 PM
    RE: the living are hungry; ALL - by Lexa - 07-26-2016, 10:56 PM
    RE: the living are hungry; ALL - by Draconis - 07-27-2016, 06:12 PM
    RE: the living are hungry; ALL - by Joscelin - 07-28-2016, 01:09 PM
    RE: the living are hungry; ALL - by riva - 07-28-2016, 01:29 PM
    RE: the living are hungry; ALL - by Odezsa - 07-29-2016, 10:45 AM