• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  My Black Dahlia [any]
    I can do bad all by myself. 

A storm was brewing.

Delahaye trekked on through the pitch darkness, unmoved by the rumbling clouds ahead. The raven colored mare reared her head as a shrill cry escaped her throat, shaking that blood red mane as if it could banish the feeling of unease treading down her spine. Something was coming, and it wasn't the storm. Onwards she moved with heavy hooves each muffled clip clop was more difficult; Delahaye's pace was growing sluggish until eventually it came to a halt. 

Those ears of hers turned back, eyes unbelieving, a distasteful sound brushed past her dark velveteen lips. A field full of mares! Delahaye narrowed her pale brown eyes at them, shooting a venomous look at them all. They better stay their distance, less they wish to loose some flesh. Now that she thought about it, she was a bit..hungry. The mare clicked her teeth, trotting further away until satisfied where she paused to take a look around.

A distant roar could be heard from the shower of water that cascaded from the cliffs above. Delahaye's eyes roamed further. There were so many different paths, each one raised a curious wonder in her mind. She wanted to know what lie beyond each one, but yet she felt too tired to stir any further. Maybe a little while longer, and she could move on. 

Thunder rolled and lighting striked purple and hot in the sky; a flash so bright it could blind. Some horses spooked, but not she. No, the mare stood her ground and watched the heavens in awe; waiting for the storm to come. She loved wild storms, the chaos; it was a high like no other for her. 

OOC | I'm pretty rusty, just bare with me till I get my flow going.

the words she knows the tune she hums

Zaravich made the hike from the Dale to the field, she was looking to recruit more members. Unfortuanetly for her the blue skies turned grey by the time she got there, and they only got darker as she neared the field. The wind grew strong, buzzing past her ear, lifting her mane off her neck. She gave a snort and looked around the field, many horses ran looking for shelter for the night. Although one stood there ground, her ebony pelted matched Zaras.

She gazed at her curious to why she was not heading home, and it dawned on her perhaps the mare did not have a home. She gave a small nicker and loped over towards the mare, sliding to a halt before her. It is about to storm she announced looking at the sky, not that she needed to announce it. Anyone could look around and tell it was about to downpour, maybe even lightning. I am Zaravich from the Dale, come back with me to my kingdom. You don't have to stay, you will be safe until the storm passes. She was truly kind at heart, she only wanted to offer the mare protection for the night. Of course the Dale could use the addition to the kingdom, but there was no pressure for her to stay forever.

Zaravich
    the tiny dancer

@[Delahaye]

There was something about a storm that the dark horse admired, even now as it grew in violent behavior. Lighting was a constant strobe light flicker illuminating the darkest of shadows..Except for one path. Delahaye's brown gaze curiously studied the dark tunnel. Her large ebony painted figure shifted facing the pitchless path, blood red tail swishing brushing her flanks with a feather light touch. 

She'd made up her mind to tread the path untouched by light when something interrupted her. There was a loud crackle as the lighting shot down like a mighty spear burning the earth below it. Delahaye ripped her head to the side facing the scorched mark in the fields center, static tore over her body making the mare stomp her hoof. Thunder rattled every bone in her body, quaking the earth below. 

But something more annoying than the static air ruffling her hairs was approaching. Delahaye's ears pinned back, head shaking in clear display on aggravation. Still the inky female kept coming, confident in her steps unlike the other mares around the field who darted in fear. 

The closer she came the more the blood manned maiden grew in frustrations. Delahaye inhaled deeply letting out a loud snort, shaking her head at the mare, upper lip peeling back to flash her ivories. "Really? I hadn't noticed." Her voice was bland, large browns rolling inside her skull. "What do you want?" She snapped, thoroughly annoyed by her being here.

"I am Zaravich from the Dale, come back with me to my kingdom. You don't have to stay, you will be safe until the storm passes." Delahaye lifted her head, ears rotating backwards to lay flat against her crown as she shook her head. "I can protect myself." She snapped, a dry ice laugh worked off her tongue. This lass was hurrying quickly to her doom. 

There was a long pause between her words. Delahaye was thinking. The mare knew of the kingdoms, and that each represented a side yet, until now she'd taken zero intrest on any of them. "The Dale, what is it like?" Curiosity won over her aggression, saving the strange mare from the impending attack. Rain started to fall. First a heavy drizzle and then a thick downpour, quickly soaking the mares to the bone. 

@[Zaravich]
    Word count: 382

the words she knows the tune she hums

Lightning struck the ground, her body tensed with every crackle in the sky but her gaze never left the mares. The ebony turned out to be nothing but ungrateful, she as rude in tone. Zaras ears layed on flat to her head, she has never been treated in such a distasteful way. She wanted nothing more than to return the nasty tone to the mare, but she held her tongue. Two wrongs do not make a right and she tries very hard to be as polite as possible.

The sky has grown darker, and rained has now started to pour down. Zaras mane was heavy with rain water and she was ready to head back for the Dale, this mare was a lost cause. As she turned on her hind leg to depart the black mare spoke up, she asked what the Dale was like.

She returned back to her position her ears gently lifted from her head It is a lovely kingdom, quiet in nature. it was slowly growing but the kingdom was generally quiet. A perfect kingdom to be apart of while all at the same time free to explore the lands as you please, take part in whatever adventures you so choose. I will show you the kingdom you desire, although I should be heading out soon now she gave a snort, shaking her body to rid it of the water that seeped deeply into her fur.

Zaravich
    the tiny dancer

@[Delahaye]

The stranger has turned to leave, and Delahaye watched; ever observant. Curious mostly, of questions left unanswered. But then..she stopped and turned. "It is a lovely Kingdom, quiet in nature." The dark mare resisted the urge to roll her eyes. Of course Zaravich thought it was lovely she lived there! Resisting the urge to roll her eyes and remark at how helpful she was, Delahaye settled instead for a poker face. Her dark eyes like hollow pits focused on what was Zaravich's face, ears held erect as to better catch what she was saying over the roaring rain. 

"I will show you the kingdom you desire, although I should be leaving soon, now." As if to pressure a response from Delahaye, who was already having a hard time not making any snarky or otherwise unfriendly remarks. "Anywhere is better than here." Delahaye decided, her voice as friendly as a shark. "Lead the way." She sighed, shifting her forelimbs in the sinking earth below her. It was true, her plan was not well made or even at all..but, the dark beast figured she could do as such on the way- or after they arrived. 

As much as she enjoyed a good storm the wild lighting was making Delahaye a little weary. Each time it struck, it hit the ground with a deafening bang. Electricity licking all up and down her body. It made her skin crawl. 

@[Zaravich]