• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I am the sword in the darkness | vessel, chemdog

i am the sword in the darkness
    Vaughan was still a virgin, his sister (unbeknownst to him) had beat him to that right of passage but he wasn't concerned with it really. Yes, he found many women attractive but what would he do afterwards? He is not a father-type, until recently there were no women allowed in the Tundra and he couldn't imagine himself lying with a woman for a night and simply leaving it to fate. The floppy ear stallion had no life beyond his nuclear family, his sister and his mother were his life outside of the Tundra and he would die for either of them.

Perhaps he was too eager to die for them.

He smiles at the first sight of the bay but his smile quickly turns into a scowl, a calculating stare much like their mother's as he recognizes the sway and weight of her belly. He blows at her, a audible sign of disproval but he knows his anger would be ill-placed if he held onto it. He couldn't save her from what's already been done, nor could he bring himself to kill a child; especially unborn. As she approaches him, he embraces her touch - wrapping his thick neck around hers and filling his memory with her scent. "You are our Mother's daughter after all," he chuckles heartily, "you are stubborn and are going to make me do this the hard way, aren't you?" He withdraws from her and gives a curt, tight lipped nod to her belly, "The Tundra is treating me well indeed, we have only recently made it to be open to all genders and walks of life thus I set out to find you. I am unsure why this particular scar, it is meaningless to me but the things I saw in the cave, they keep me awake at night - it's why I need you to come home with me, you and the child will be safe I swear it."

Even the mentioning of his cave visit makes him uneasy, he withdraws into himself at the thoughts of his sister and mother being raped, beaten, used as bait to lure him out. He shakes the feeling, his deep brown eyes peeling back to his beloved sister. "By the way, don't you know it's rude to not let your brother know he's to be an uncle? Once again, you're Kimber's daughter...." he says with a sheepish smile crossing his face, he misses picking on Vessel although he is certain she has been just fine without it. He relaxes for a moment, in his world all is okay even for a tiny bit - no worry, just genuine peace but in the back corners of his mind he knows that it will be short lived.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I am the sword in the darkness | vessel, chemdog - by vaughan - 07-03-2016, 11:45 PM