• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I am the sword in the darkness | vessel, chemdog

i am the sword in the darkness
    Spring meant nothing to Vaughan in the Tundra, it was still bitterly cold and the food was still scarce due to most of them overfilling their sunken bellies with the grass before it could even reach full peak. Vaughan knew it was imperative that he stay lean but workable so he often foraged for food other than the Tundra, sometimes it was several day treks but he always returned home. In his days of wandering he had stumbled across his twin's scent but Kimber had advised that he need not disturb her, let her live her own life as the dip-dye mare called it but our floppy ear man wasn't happy with that. He couldn't keep tabs on her and once he found she was living amongst a bunch of brood mares, his stomach felt sick and his head began to pound with heat and anger. His sister, a play toy and brood mare? He wouldn't stand for it.

Vaughan couldn't care less about many people or places but his two affiliations where the Tundra and Chamber; simply for his fondness of his mother and knowing the herd was beneath the Chamber's mountainside only grew his distaste more. He is swift throughout the night, all of the ice has begun to melt from his thick black pelt and the matted forelock is drenched with water - for the first time in three years he has 'thawed' and it feels odd. He feels less secure without it and suddenly, his skin swelter's in the humid late spring air. Hopefully this would be a quick trip otherwise it would prove to be a rough winter without a thickened coat. At day break he reaches the Chamber, he sees the burning tree and wonders momentarily if his mother would sense him being here but he doesn't wait for her - he must keep moving. With each increasing step he feels the god awful heat rise from Volcanic Village and sweat begins to thicken on his already furrowed brow, "Vessel, it is time for you to come home, with me!" he voice is quite deep, strong - much has changed since the war when they were merely yearlings and he has grown significantly. Even he knows though that she will sense him before she hears him, they may not have any ridiculous traits but sharing a placenta can do some weird things to you.

"Jesus, this must be what the Devil's asshole feels like," he spews out, wiping his cheek against his shoulder to attempt to dry it from the constant sweating. His coat was beginning to itch, the thick winter hair would soon rub off if he wasn't quick about his business.

» Innocence is always unsuspicious «

It had been a long winter, a long and uncomfortable winter. My belly had more than doubled and it had been increasingly difficult to alleviate the pressure. Spring had brought the worst discomfort yet, and while I am no brood mare, I knew instinctively that it was almost time. I had left the herd meeting a day or so ago and had moved to find a quiet safe spot away from the others, away from noise or prying eyes. The spring breeze was lovely and very much so welcomed even if I couldn’t stand or lay down comfortably I could at least enjoy the wind on my face. But with that wind brought a feeling. It wasn’t the foal within me, but like there was something just out of sight. It didn’t go away when I looked around. I focused on the feeling, it was familiar but distance like something you haven’t experienced in a long time. It nagged and pulled, it urged me to pay attention to not ignore it, and then the next breeze brought his sent. Vaughan. A burst of emotion shot through me, it started with joy. He was my brother, and it had been so long since we had seen each other. But the joy morphed to curiosity, then worry, why had he come? It had been a few years why now? He was in Chamber somewhere, I knew I had time to make my way toward our childhood home before he stepped over the Village threshold.

It was with some effort but I made my way, again my body fought me, I was unable to do anything but walk, but soon enough I stopped at the path that led to the Kingdom’s main lands. Vaughan was close, but he wasn’t on the main path, his voice rang through the air around a hill to her right, so I went off to meet him. He had changed, his boyish ways were shed for that of a man. His voice deeper, his coat thick, the time apart had changed them both. Nymph had said he left him to Offspring in Tundra, and the icy lands had moulded him into something more than he was before. Just as Tundra had changed him I had changed as well. I had no scars, and I was so obviously pregnant (which I was sure would give him a heart attack), but I was not so quick to cry, I was no longer so dependent on others. I had developed some inner strength. It was to be expected, wasn’t it? I wasn’t a kid, though Vaughan’s brash announcement at the Village’s border made it obvious he didn’t. My legs ached and my barrel cramped with the untimely effort, but I turned the corner and came into view of my twin. I exhale and prepare myself for whatever his reaction was, it wouldn’t be congratulatory she knew better than to hope for that.

”I will do no such thing, dear brother.” I say so with a smile, and a nicker, before I closed the distance between us to nuzzle his thick coated shoulder. I was glad he looked well. Even if his mouth hadn’t matured with the rest of him, it was nice to know he still cared enough to try and control me. I wouldn’t have any of it, but the thought behind his brash attempt was sincere. ”Tundra has treated you well, it would seem. Who would have thought we would end up in such different places.” I studied him, the anchor on his chest, the thick sweat on his brow, as he complained of the heat. ”It is only because you’re a wooly mammoth Vaughan. I assume that symbol is from when you joined Tundra…but why that marking?” My voice is fuller now, not so high, not so inexperienced. I, of course, have ignored the fact that I am pregnant, it would all be addressed in due time. I looked Vaughan in the eye and awaited the inevitable conversation that was about to happen.

Vessel

Kimber x Nymphetamine

i am the sword in the darkness
    Vaughan was still a virgin, his sister (unbeknownst to him) had beat him to that right of passage but he wasn't concerned with it really. Yes, he found many women attractive but what would he do afterwards? He is not a father-type, until recently there were no women allowed in the Tundra and he couldn't imagine himself lying with a woman for a night and simply leaving it to fate. The floppy ear stallion had no life beyond his nuclear family, his sister and his mother were his life outside of the Tundra and he would die for either of them.

Perhaps he was too eager to die for them.

He smiles at the first sight of the bay but his smile quickly turns into a scowl, a calculating stare much like their mother's as he recognizes the sway and weight of her belly. He blows at her, a audible sign of disproval but he knows his anger would be ill-placed if he held onto it. He couldn't save her from what's already been done, nor could he bring himself to kill a child; especially unborn. As she approaches him, he embraces her touch - wrapping his thick neck around hers and filling his memory with her scent. "You are our Mother's daughter after all," he chuckles heartily, "you are stubborn and are going to make me do this the hard way, aren't you?" He withdraws from her and gives a curt, tight lipped nod to her belly, "The Tundra is treating me well indeed, we have only recently made it to be open to all genders and walks of life thus I set out to find you. I am unsure why this particular scar, it is meaningless to me but the things I saw in the cave, they keep me awake at night - it's why I need you to come home with me, you and the child will be safe I swear it."

Even the mentioning of his cave visit makes him uneasy, he withdraws into himself at the thoughts of his sister and mother being raped, beaten, used as bait to lure him out. He shakes the feeling, his deep brown eyes peeling back to his beloved sister. "By the way, don't you know it's rude to not let your brother know he's to be an uncle? Once again, you're Kimber's daughter...." he says with a sheepish smile crossing his face, he misses picking on Vessel although he is certain she has been just fine without it. He relaxes for a moment, in his world all is okay even for a tiny bit - no worry, just genuine peace but in the back corners of his mind he knows that it will be short lived.

» Innocence is always unsuspicious «

Vaughan’s embrace was like coming home. While in many ways he was my opposite, he still was my equal. I couldn’t imagine a family member more in tune with my thoughts than him. He knew when I was lying, when I was happy, when I had secrets. We knew everything about each other. I took in his icy scent as we embraced. His laughter at the mention of my stubbornness was a relief. I really didn’t want to have an argument right off the bat. I watched his eyes flick to my stomach, and there was a thought behind his brown eyes, but he held his tongue for the mean time. I sigh, as the wave of exhaustion hits me, I hide it as best I can but I know I will not be long for the conversation. ”It is not my stubbornness that will give you trouble, but your own. I will not make you do anything the hard way. It will only be you making yourself do things the hard way if you can’t allow me to live as I please. You always thought you knew what was best. Its how you got that floppy ear of yours, remember?” I smiled at him pointing at his ears with my muzzle, I am not harsh, it was almost motherly, with the sweet smile and calm word with hard truth behind them. It was a surprise as I feel as if I should be a little annoyed at his proclamations of my stubborn nature. It must have been the hormones, surely if I wasn’t about to pop it would have been different. ”Speaking of, did you see mother when you came through Chamber?”

His next bit was a little more interesting, I hadn’t heard of Tundra finally removing its ban on mares. But he said it was rather recent, so I am sure it will make it’s way here soon enough. That was a big change for the Kingdom, but it was nice to hear none the less. But again, he is back to asking me to go with him. I was in no state to go anywhere within the Village, let alone travel the mountains into the cold. Cramps raked my sides again, and I winced in pain, but in a moment it passed. I knew what it meant, but I put it aside. My dear brother had just arrived, and I was certain I could wait a while longer. ”You would protect me, and the foal I have no doubts about that... I am sure Tundra would be lovely to visit. But I am not ready to leave here yet. Chem… well… I’m just not ready to leave. He cares for me, Vaughan. You’ll like him, just wait until he arrives...you’ll see.” My eyes are a mix of emotion: happiness, pride, but also pleading, and hope. Vaughan had calmed in his years away, but I knew his temper and obstinacy lingered beneath the calm surface. I just hoped he would listen to my decision in the end and not do anything foolish.

Vessel

Kimber x Nymphetamine

Everyone has an opinion on herd life – on the stallion's who tend a harem, really, and most opinions were always slanted toward finding boyish wickedry in the said herdsman. As if they're never gentlemanly, always simple, always looking to make a string of descendants and make scars on the flesh of others. Chemdog would defend himself, his women, if he could hear the way most of think but alas he was never curse with mind-reading and therefore is content in knowing what he knows. He's never forced his way into anyone or held anyone against their physical will. Trickery, maybe, but that's not for the public to know. He can easily let all the dispersions go without hesitation, but when Vessel's twin comes sauntering into the Village the stallions eyes betray his disgust. Vaughan's distaste is even evident from this distance [several hundred feet]. A cliff holds him up while he spies quietly from afar; his white face covered with windswept chunks of ebony hair, his teal eyes hidden. He watches for a moment, the urge to go down tugs at him but something holds him back for just a minute longer – he watches, eyes narrowing on the sputtering stallion below.

Vessel comes forward and he groans to himself, shifting his weight from one ankle to the other and slanting both pale ears upright. He knew this moment was coming, but even still it makes his stomach fall against his rib-cage and out his ass.

Their voices are muffled and hard to read with precision, but the jist is there, the venom in her brother's cold voice. Fear isn't what tingles in his veins at the moment, nor rage, something different all together. He watches Vess with wide curious eyes and his breathing starts to shallow a little, his nostrils quiver just so.

Will she go? He questions himself sternly which makes his tail flick with anxiety. Fuck.

Even in her swollen state she manages to drag herself to his beckon and deliver some much needed sass. Chem chuckles under his breath for only the clouds and the birds to hear, up on his lonely spying ledge. He supposes it is time to descend now and clamor to his lover's side. If he moves at more than a walk he may just make it to them before her brother drags her away – and his child in utero. He turns and starts down the rocky slope (of a small overlooking ledge sparsely covered in pines; northern border?) at a jog and sets off onto the path winding toward the siblings.

He misses whatever happened between them prior, but the air is thick with emotion still, and even a little warmth, he guesses. He cannot feign even his most crafty grin. Instead he meets the fluffy brother's gaze with a hardened one of his one; a blank expression, eyes exposed. His thick forelock is flipped upside down and resting curled back between his big white ears. Anger isn't apparent that steady glistening stare, but it's obvious there is tension when the dark stallion glides in beside his bay mistress. He refrains from molesting her more deeply, but certainly cannot resist reaching out for a kiss of his bristly muzzle to her huge belly. Shortly after such a gesture his eyes settle back to the brother. The Tundra, his brain clicks. It means little to him, really. He knows better than to assume this retrieval is in the name of any kingdom – if Kimber wanted Vessel by force she would've come, scythe in hand. Her son's mission is most likely rogue or he'd have an army at his flanks. Still not to be doubted, Chem decides.

Welcome, boy.” Is tone is flat and grizzled, near;y a growl but still pronounced and accented, as per usual. His head tilts downward just slightly. Are we going to be rather civil? His eyes flit back to rest on Vaughan's face and into his own reflective glass stare until he can feel the abyss press against his own. “She's free to do what she wants, if that's why you're here.” His head lifts a few inches, standing a bit taller. “You'll not take 'er by force.” His lips brush her cheek as he references her.

c h e m d o g

in absentia luci, tenebrae vincunt

holy shit sorry for the wait D;
    <333
    @[Vessel] @[vaughan]