• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

If you get what I get, what would you say? ANY
    "You only live once but if you do it right..."
    This was the first time that she had managed to make herself go into the Field. She didn't like the idea but was willing to try out whatever she could get. She had been in the Meadow so many times, but there wasn't always someone to approach that wanted to be approached. Sometimes there wasn't anyone to talk to at all. Days like that she missed her Da and how he would always have a ready story when she needed it.

She was ready to find some meaning in life, whether it be to fall in love with a herd stallion or to go into a kingdom and find some meaning there. Whatever it was she was ready, she was willing and she was extremely open-minded.

So she finds her hooves dragging her to the Field, where those needing a place to call home go. A sigh escapes her black lips and her brown eyes search this way and that. There were others here, groups of mares and groups of mares and stallions. Some were trying to convince a mare to join a herd, others a mare or stallion to join a kingdom. Each representative selling their home so others would want to join and they get a little extra for a promotion.

She nibbles on the grass, as she doesn't really have much of an appetite. She figures she will either have someone approach rather quickly or she will be here for the rest of her life. The happy go lucky Willa of days old has been warn down with her family disappearing on her and her friends gone as well. She had been alone too long and was entirely too ready for some interaction among her species.

" Once is enough.
    Willa
    Archam

Archam found himself in the field today, he had lost a lot of mares who recently disappeared without a word, to inlcude two of his children. Bothered by his large herd that quickly dwindling into a small herd, he was hopeful to find a mare willing to return to the Cobblestone with him. As he gazed around the summer sun was high in the sky beating down on his roan pelt with no hope of relief as there was not a cloud in sight. He was hopeful to find a mare near some shade, or by the creek.

As he scanned his eyes stopped on a petite mare, she was solid black and quick to catch his eye. He gave a whinny and quickly found himself bounding over towards her. Hello there He grinned as he approached her, his tail swayed gently removing the insects that were quick to rest on his hindquarters  My name is Archam, what brings you to the field today? he scanned over the mare who was pretty to look at, hopeful that she would return to the Cobblestone with him.

Lead Stallion of Cobblestone Creek
    i'm just going to pretend that this is before their fight so it's not double awkward xD
    <33

Chemdog himself was among some of the many bodies simply grazing away and swatting their tails across their hips. Inconspicuously he chews at the long green grass – some of the only un-cropped grass in this particular area – and keep his eyes sharply on his peripheries. Most were occupied or just passing through and no one had really caught his attention in quite a long time (a few days). There is this one though.... She's inky black like himself, solid in color and body type. This type reminded him of someone but his memory fogs the face of whom it might be. He continues to grind his jaw and step along with the typical rhythm of a meditating horse minding his own business. He was not minding much of his own business though. Mostly the business of this one specific mare.

Casually he makes his way closer, but is sure to turn his back once and a while and just appear to be grazing peacefully, like he's in a deep trance. He is not away though, he's present, listening to the approaching footsteps of another and the squeak of his boyish voice (not a fact, just an interpretation by Chem).

Chem breaks his craned over, grazing posture and picks himself up into a jog, slithering eagerly over the hill to the mare and her first approacher. He had heard the other's question upon his rather boring advance on the mare before them. Chem tilts his eyes to the other stallion for a quick moment.. “Your first time here, or?” He laughs aloud and takes his place beside the other herd-stallion. His eyes refocusing onto the girl. “I have a beautiful Forest and a small band of women under my care – if you're interested, lass.” He looks her over without hesitation. His forelock is centered just right to allow his eyes to freely move over her body unabashedly, growling softly under his breath before settling his gaze into hers. “My name is Chemdog.” Both ears flip upright, ignoring the other stallion all together now.

chemdog
    astra inclinant, sed non obligant.

@[Willa] @[Archam]
    "You only live once but if you do it right..."
    The first stallion to approach her is a bay roan and he seems might polite. His whinny had appropriately warned her of his arrival and so she had watched him. He smiles at her and she finds herself smiling a ghost of a smile. Something that was close to a smile but nothing compared to the smiles that had lit up her face when she had been younger. She waits for him to stop. He does so, a nice distance away, that she didn't have to worry about him trying to claim her. Although that might have made the decision so much easier for her.

"Hello. Life brings me to the Field I suppose." She says with a light lilt to her voice, another small smile curling her lips. But the swooshing sounds of another one in the grass marks his appearance and she turns her eyes to focus on the black and white stallion. She eyes his white spots, the white across his face.

At first he seems a little rude and her ears fall back into her mane, but too soon his voice is pitching his own sales rep to her. ...lass". Her heart stutters to a stop in her chest, until it thumps so loudly she is afraid they both might hear it. "Lass." She says, the irish brogue in her voice more prominent as she eyes Chemdog closely. She does not miss the way his eyes roam her body.

"Oh dear." She says after a minute. "I am sorry. My name is Willa." An apologetic smile to both of them. She eyes Archam, knowing that her father might approve more of a stallion that is easily approachable, gives her the space she might need. However, she looks towards Chemdog and knows if she wants fire and heat, that he would be the way to go. Archam would be more agreeable that was for sure, but if she wanted a little bit more passion in her life instead of just grazing contently for the rest of her life without a worry then Chemdog would be the way to go.

Perhaps she should find out a little more about them both. "And you Archam, what would you offer me?" She says, turning those dark eyes back upon him. "And then perhaps you should both tell me something about yourselves so I might ken something more about you." That lilt distorting some of her words and adding it's own music to her tone. She settles a hoof up and shifts her weight, waiting on them both.

"Once is enough."
    Willa
    Archam

The ebony mare set her gaze on Archam after his whinny and a barely noticeable smile was on her face in what he figured a nice gesture to his. Once at her side she spat out a sentence before another stallion appeared, he gazed at the oddly colored stag who carried the same sent as he. This must be the stallion who claimed the Forrest Frontiers, and before he had time to ponder it the stallion himself confirmed it. Archam slightly rolled his eyes at the stags remark, was it not polite to strike up a conversation before asking a mare to make a life altering decision. He gave a snort, not letting the stag get any satisfaction from his remark.

His gaze trailed back to the dark mare who asked what Archam had to offer as well as something about himself. Well I can offer a Herd not far from this stallion he quickly shot a glance at the dark stag before turning back to the mare My home is the Cobblestone, and quite a beautiful view in the spring and fall. We belong to a Kingdom called the Falls where you are free to do as you please with the kingdom so long as you return to the herd lands at night His offer was not much different the Chemdogs, although the stallions personalities is what made the difference. Archam thought of himself more of a gentleman, were as this stallion was more to the point, and less capable of holding a conversation. Willa, as she introduced herself as, asked something about him, well what exactly did she want to know? He was not born in these lands, he just traveled to Beqanna a short two years ago and found himself a herd land were he has a few foals now. I am not sure what it is exactly you are looking for, although I am much more a gentleman than this one He playfully rolled his eyes to Chem.

Lead Stallion of Cobblestone Creek

OOC: sounds like a plan Wink

@[Willa]
    @[Chemdog]
    @[Willa]

Ah, Willa.” He grins and leans down to her, for she is smaller. “I like that name. It reminds me of wildflowers, for whatever reason.” He wasn't lying. It really did, though he of course tilted his face just right to try charm for all it might be worth with the cute little mare.

My offer humbly remains, but I must go now. This Field is no place for me – I belong in my forest, with my women.” He nods to her and ignores Archam completely, turning to walk slowly back into the thick woods. If she was going to follow, now would be the time otherwise he will disappear easily enough in the branches and shadows.

chemdog
    astra inclinant, sed non obligant.

shitty post, sorry for neglecting this for so long <3