• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

“What do you fear, lady?' he asked. 'A cage,' she said.”; ALL DIPLOMATS

BETTER BEWARE, I GO BUMP IN THE NIGHT
    DEVIL-MAY-CARE WITH A LUST FOR LIFE

The queen mare felt guilty. She had had segregated herself for some time now and it had worn on the solid shoulders of Kreios as well as the Falls' residents. But now, somewhere is the depths of her soul, she felt renewed...reborn. Perhaps it was the birth of the spotted princess that rejuvenated the russet woman but there was certainly a change.

Raene was a quiet child who's growing independence allotted Ygritte time to herself. The little beauty enjoyed her time alongside her father, ceaselessly pestering him with questions and it always made Ygritte smile, adoring the image of the massive male crumbling like dried clay beneath the tiny hooves of his small daughter.

Rae was out once again with the spotted king and so Ygritte seizes this time to speak with her diplomats. The call she casts is high and light, no inclination of alarm or desperation. It tapers off to a somber and low sigh. The time was nigh to send her peace-keepers to the far reaches of Beqanna to send word of Kreios and herself as the throne holders and perhaps strike up an alliance or two.

The Falls had long remained neutral simply by their defaulted silence when skirmishes arose but the new leadership sought more than to simply remain idly by. With new rulers came also the new prospect of fresh views and open perspectives. And so the coral and bay woman waits for the gathering of her fellow residents.

Ygritte.

So yes, this is a long overdue post and I'm sorry it took so long. I've been spotty and a bad rp'er lol thanks everyone for being awesome and dealing with my absence. I am feeling renewed and musey!
    It had been quite long since Anahi heard that call. She recognized the queen's voice without problem, even if she hadn't heard it much within the past year. Most likely, Ygritte hadn't called any meetings as she'd been raising her filly.

But now, it seemed it was finally time for them all to meet again. That morning, Anahi had allowed Sirana, and Archam's colt, Loken, whom she was taking care of, to head to the playground to meet and find some new friends. She'd had them promise they would stay close together, wouldn't cause too much trouble, and that they'd be back before it got too dark. After that, they'd gone off to play, and now it seemed Anahi was needed elsewhere.

Breaking into a slow lope as she headed in the direction of the call, Anahi let out one of her own to alert Ygritte that she was coming. Once the Queen was in sight, Anahi slowed, bowing her head as she came to a halt in front of Ygritte.

"You called your highness? It is good to see you in good health. How is your daughter?"
    ASHARA
    If you're ever gonna find a silver lining
    It's gotta be a cloudy day

Golden auricles picked up the call and her amber pools quickly searched for her two favourite men who weren’t far away. Weaning was difficult for both her and the child and so the young colt had taken to cozying up to his adoptive father in hopes of making his mother jealous, which it did. The pair seemed content grazing together so with a quick exchange of looks with Jedi, Ashara followed the call at a leisurely pace. Without the boy to keep her senses and mind occupied emotions began to stir over the summon. There was no doubt it was about alliances and although she had yearned to prove herself and grow as a diplomat, desiring such honour to represent and speak on behalf of the kingdom, now she was quite terrified of leaving. Luckily the season was in her favour for being less likely to be raped again but there was still damage that another could inflict. If such a thing happened once, if such evil existed in the world she would never truly be safe outside the kingdoms borders.

She approached with a nod of greeting trying to keep control of her fear. The kingdom was still her family and she owed it everything for it’s protection so she will swallow her insecurities and try to fulfil her duties to the best of her ability. After all she had to set an example now, and part of keeping the palomino colt safe lied within the safety of the kingdom too.

Running over, Blazed saw Sunfall right ahead of her, from a bit sideways. She must have just finished the patrol, Blazed assumes.

"Yes, Ygritte? It's been a while." Blazed says calmly as she stills near the queen's spot, eyes looking about for familiar horses. She knew Sunfall was there, and kept looking around for Jedi for some reason. She knew he wouldn't be there, but still sought his familiar form and his seemingly guiding explanations.

"Hello Ygritte!" Sunfall calls quietly. She looks towards her mother and at Ashara warmly, then goes back to watching Ygritte. She noted few had arrived yet, but figured it was because she had been nearby and didn't need to travel far.
    Holding Out on Grades

As the few trickled in, Ygritte awaits the rest until she can no longer allow more time. Amber pools drift to meet each face as a warm smile blossoms on her lips She is pleased that those that stood before her did answer her call and she would not allow that to go unrewarded.

A kingdom is like a machine. Without residents, the crown is ruler to none but themselves and without leadership, well it is chaos and squabbling. "Ladies and sir", a small nod given to the young lad, "I call you now for I require your help. Kreios and myself have held the Falls for some time now but I ask of you to go to the kingdoms that we are neutral with and inform them of Kreios and I as rulers. Also please, strike up the idea of an alliance. For generations, the Falls has remained silent and neutral by default and as in the events of the previous way, we do not want to be caught off guard. Now I open this conversation to discussion, agreement, remarks. Ladies?"

Lobes flicker towards the small group. Ygritte prides herself in being a just and fair ruler. She may sit on the throne but it is the equines before that allow her to rule.

Ygritte.
    Anahi listened to what Ygritte had to say with great interest. She wanted to know more about the Queen's plan. However, it seemed that she was only going to give vague details for now; that she wanted the diplomats to go to the various kingdoms of Beqanna that was not yet allied with the Falls, and try to approach said kingdom about coming to an agreement.

The mare thought about it for a moment, but already knew what answer she would give. So Anahi spoke up, "I think it's a fair idea. Obviously, there could be complications, but nothing too serious unless a kingdom gets aggressive. What do the rest of you think?"
    Blazed listened to her short speech intently, nodding in the right places, flickering ears to listen as discussion started. She did not yet know which kingdoms they were neutral with. She approached Ygritte calmly, looking hopefully over her form. She was well, it seemed, Blazed figured.

Ygritte? May I ask? I do not know which kingdoms are neutral with us yet. she asks quietly, so that the other diplomats do not overhear. She flickers her ears, looking about. She gazes upon Sunfall for a few moments before returning her attention to Ygritte again.

Watching the others, she heard Anahi speak, ears moving towards her before her eyes. She listened to her before replying. It does seem correct, Anahi. I do not see too many issues. Yes, conflicts happen often and sometimes lead to issues. But rarely do we have to war. I believe we should be safe with our travels, and approach this gently. She offers up in response to Anahi, and looks back again to Ygritte for further input on this.

'Am I right? Am I wrong in my guidance?' Are thoughts that passed through Blazed's mind as she watches the small group. Sunfall came towards them, ears swiveling in case of a call for her from Jedi for another patrol. She knew it was coming up on that time. She was almost three, just one more dawn and she would become fully three years old.

@[Anahi]
    @[Ygritte] - I honestly don't really know what kingdoms so I asked via Blazed. Hehe..
    Holding Out on Grades
    ASHARA

Ashara smiles warmly back at Sunfall, it had been quite some times since they’d seen each other and the little one had grown a lot. Her attention is brought back to the queen and a knot forms in her stomach as her fears are spoken. Somehow, the champagne’s concern is slightly comforting. There is some reason to be wary beyond the golden vixen’s past experience. Blazed on the other hand was far too comfortable with the idea, even nonchalant about possible conflicts.

“I would be honoured to represent the kingdom and fulfill my duties. My suggestion would be that we do not travel alone?” She hoped her fear did not show in her voice.  

If you're ever gonna find a silver lining
    It's gotta be a cloudy day

Sorry it's short, figured it was better than nothing. Hard to get in her head right now :(
    Blazed understood the strong wisdom behind Ahsara's query about traveling with another horse, and took this well. It does seem like a good idea to pair with another diplomat for our travels. I do, indeed, worry that some kingdoms will be.. A bit hostile, considering some of their pasts. she suggests, adding to the wisdom being shared.

Sunfall looks happily at Ashara. The two had surely grown older. She swiveled and looked around, ears still focused on listening for a call from Jedi.

OOC - Short.. Ugh like no words today. Eh, oh well.
    Holding Out on Grades

Lobes catch the words of her friend, Ashara. The salmon pointed woman is pleased at the showing of horses and the interest in diplomatic relations. Ygritte nods along as she listens to the palomino mare.

"I agree, traveling in pairs is the best idea. It is smart to be cautious." Her tones drift softly on the warm breeze of fading summer. The long pink-orange threads of her hair tangle and weave across her slender neck. Her thoughts drift off to the spotted king, missing him.

Her attention turns back to the women, the distant smile from her wandering thoughts grows once again on her lips as she looks the the small gathering. "I am glad to see each and everyone one of your faces. It truly warms my heart. Be safe out there and return home." She speaks sincerely as her features become somber.

Ygritte.

@[Blazed]
    @[Ashara]
    @[Anahi]