• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I had a dream that we were dead (Mortal)

I had a dream that we were dead
    and we pretended that we still lived

No one would ever deny that he is an odd creature. A freak. A thing not meant be alive - yet, somehow he is. If asked, even he would not deny the truth.

But he is far from alone. This land he had been born into is full of strange creatures like he. His own father is one such equine. With his porcelain white frame tipped by gold (a color which Jinn had inherited) is unique enough on it's own, but his gifts are what make him truly different. A rare man. His mother is rather plain at first glance, her hue an uninspiring bay with only a single white mark upon her chest to distinguish her from others. But her abilities certainly set her apart.

Still, there is no mistaking that he is their son, despite (or perhaps because of) his own set of rather… interesting traits.

Today though, he is far more intrigued by the black and green colt approaching him with an unmistakeable strength and assuredness. Jinn watches curiously, halting to await his approach, wondering what this boy might want of him.

As he nears, he notices the light catching something stretched above his back. Upon closer inspection, he can see the faintest outline of what looks like… wings?

How very intriguing.

The strange child speaks without hesitation, asking after Jinn’s name the moment he is near enough. Jinn tilts his small, bony head as he considers the newcomer (who had continued easily, proudly offering his name without prompting) with blue-white eyes. After only a moment's consideration, he responds in a surprisingly smooth tone. ”I am called Jinn.” He doesn't comment on the other colt’s odd turn of phrase (indeed, he doesn't realize that it is in fact rather odd), instead focusing on the air above Mortal’s back. ”What is that there? On your back?” he continues, asking after the question that has plagued his mind since the moment he had spied the odd shapes attached to the colt.

Jinn

undead son of Tiphon and Elysteria

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I had a dream that we were dead (Mortal) - by Jinn - 05-27-2016, 11:45 PM