• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

cat scratch fever { Ygritte, Kreios, Any }

Warmth was spread all over the land, green grass, lush forests, flora and fauna of all kinds now awake and fully in bloom. This was the season she loved the most, the season she could most tolerate outside the jungle's warm humid embrace. The black panther does not use the paths that have been worn into the land over centuries of use, instead she springs from tree to tree, carefully placing each big black paw on the sturdiest of the branches as she went along.

Her mission? A fine old kingdom visit.

One of her favorite parts of being a jungle diplomat. She enjoyed going to the other kingdoms, checking in on their status, maybe making a few friends if she can manage to not be awkward or too reserved. Though most of the time she would open up, depends on the horse she meets.

Naga's belly felt as if she had butterflies dancing about in it, she had never been to the Falls before. She heard of it's serenity and beautiful healing waterfalls, but she had never ventured there before, not til now that is. The black panther girl could smell the air becoming more...fresh.

Her keen cat hearing could pick up the distant roar of the falls now. She slid her sleek black body down the tall pine, letting her laws dig deep into the bark to keep her balance. As she landed on her feet, as all cats do, the panther woman took a few more steps forward before shifting back into her equine form, as to not scare any Falls horses.

She continued on, her feet then planting firmly as she came to what looked like a border, she could hear life just beyond. She let out a friendly whinny, attempting to alert someone of her presence, hopefully someone could hear her over the roar of the falls.

naga

the jungle panther of atrox and shadowmere

OOC: ....oh my god. I think this is the worst post Ive ever done... but....HI xD Glad to be here in the Falls, Naga is quite excited to meet Ygritte!
    Oh great, another horse to deal with.

Not that Raxa minded anyway. Anything that would stir up trouble, something the brindled mare was fond of. She enjoyed trouble that caused fights to occur; it gave her a chance to practice, to let out the never-ending anger that stirred within her blackened heart. So, on that day, when the mare had been hanging out near the Falls, the call of another equine stirred the the warrior blood that flowed through Raxa's veins.

The mare took off toward the area the call had come from. Eager to figure it out, she quickened her pace to a fast gallop, hardly breaking a sweat in her run. At the most, she gave her head a light shake, taking a moment to recover herself before her alert expression began scanning the trees.

Raxa's nostrils flared as she searched for signs of the new equine in the area. Her ears went multiple directions within seconds, eyes carefully scanning the trees, hooves rooted to the ground. Her sides expanded and contracted rapidly, showing that, not only was she still regaining her breath from the run, but that she was agitated, slightly angry, and wary that there was another in the Falls territory.

The wind blew a new scent toward her, and Raxa took off once more. Spotting a mare in the distance, Raxa skidded to a halt a few feet from her before rearing up, letting out a loud neigh to not only show her strength to this mare, but also to call for the king and queen of the Falls.

Dropping back to the ground, Raxa's stance remained rigid. Her muscles were tense as she observed this mare in front of her, her ears tilted back, lips slightly curled, and tail flicking back and forth in agitation.

"Who are you? Why have you come to the Falls kingdom?!" Raxa asked.

She wonders if she should have stayed in her panther form, maybe a little scare wouldn't have been half bad, entertaining at most. Her call was answered only a few moments later as red roan brindle mare reared into view, Naga could sense this mare was agitated by her presence. But being the Amazonian woman she was, she was not phased, much respect. she thought to herself as the mare came toward her now.

Naga couldn't help but let out a small lighthearted chuckle as the seemingly cranky mare swished her tail and asked her sharply what her business was.

The panther woman nodded her head to the mare respectfully, letting out a soft sigh. Relaxing her body to show she was no threat to the roan woman or her home. A deep silk voice slipped through dark velveteen lips, her green eyes flashed up toward the woman before her.

"Good evening, I am Naga, of the Amazons. I have come to just visit and chat with your king and queen. I know we have already had another Amazon come visit you, but I just wanted to see the Falls for myself. Not everyday I get to go anywhere other than the meadow or the field. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

As always, our panther girl is polite, though her sultry deep voice usually has a natural hint of mischievousness. She guessed she obtained that from her crazy bitch of a mother.

But, she wasn't her mother, wasn't her toy, and didn't have that malicious intent that her mother had. She was just Naga, your friendly neighborhood panther shifting Amazon.

She hoped this mare before her would open up a little, not that she expected her to be her best friend right off the bat, she just wanted to be able for her to lower her guard. She mostly just wanted to be let in, she may not need to establish an alliance anymore, since someone beat her to it, but she wasn't going to leave here without being that giddy tourist and see the waterfall.  

naga

ASHARA
    If you're ever gonna find a silver lining
    It's gotta be a cloudy day

The golden vixen was grazing contently while keeping a watchful eye on her palomino colt. He was feeling the heat today and resting in the shade of a tree that lined the open field, his purple streaked flaxen tail swishing uselessly against the flies noisily buzzing around him and landing on his hide. A strangers call reached their ears and although the mare was happy to ignore it the colt was not. He understood that meant someone wanted to meet, perhaps they too had a child he could play with like the last time his mother was called so he quickly scrambled onto the awkward stilts for legs and squealed in response heading towards the sound with a choppy three-beat stride. His mother tried to cut him off but gave in to the relentlessly curious boys desire so long as he stayed glued to her side. From a distance, Ashara watched Raxa charging towards the stranger and rearing up as if to challenge her. She was horrified, scared and curious, ready to turn back from the danger. But the ebony woman softened her body language further as if to say she was no threat at all, trying to diffuse the situation. Her scent was familiar to the mother who now cautiously approached. Another Amazonian it would seem, by scent and the conversation. Relieved it was another mare, after all a woman had never hurt her, but she still approaches softly given the brindled roans tenseness. Since the first day they had met in the field Raxa had been guarded and snarky, it was a concern that she wouldn’t fit in with the peacekeepers and the honey-hued damsels’ attempts at friendship seemed to fail, but the roan did make a good warrior.

She dipped her head in greeting to the duo, keeping the young colt on the outside flank, methodically swishing her tail over his quickly growing amber body. “Good to see you Raxa.” She says politely to the fellow resident before addressing the dark one. “Welcome Naga, I am Ashara. How are you today and how is our friend Lexa?” Her calm tone feels out of place next to the tension of the warrior but she doesn’t let it get to her, setting an example for her son. The palomino mother thinks fondly of the pretty spotted femme that came to visit and it seems this mare is just as friendly. Their homeland peaking her curiosity, imagining a territory full of such lovely women.  

[Sorry, this is crap. too many "she's"]
    Raxa wasn't all that surprised when Ashara showed up. The mare was always sticking her muzzle in other's business, including Raxa's, something the brindle mare didn't like. She also didn't think it was a very good idea to be here with her colt. Who's to say that the stranger mare wouldn't decide to attack them?

When Ashara said her hello's, Raxa was distracted by the fact that she knew this stranger. The brindled roan turned her gaze to the palomino mare and her colt, shooting the mare a dirty look, "You know this intruder? What the hell? Do you trust her so much you aren't the least bit wary of her?"

BETTER BEWARE, I GO BUMP IN THE NIGHT
    DEVIL-MAY-CARE WITH A LUST FOR LIFE

The scent reaches her long before the sight of the feline. Amber pools are keen to observe the presence of the animal as the flora around her whispered their secrets, disclosing the private information of their silence. The bay woman observes the panther slink towards the solid land before shifting to that of a fetching inky mare. A small smile touches the edges of her coral lips that an Amazonian was in the realm of the Falls.

Ygritte does not immediately pursue the stranger as she has grown accustomed to the in and outs of visitors and as far as Ygritte is concerned, all were welcomed to visit the Falls provided they did not disturb the residents. An observant eye is cast out when the sound of Raxa's voice is dealt outward. It is high and demanding, assuming her responsibilities as a mare of war. Ygritte is pleased that she takes her duties seriously when she meets a foreigner. Limbs move to draw the leggy mare towards where the panther woman and brindle stand but Ashara beats the queen mare there.

The conversation is mulled by the sounds of brown leaves dropping and a low whistle from the crisp autumn winds as they are cut and halved by the thin and twisted fingers of trees that prepared for their winter slumber. Her movements are reserved, almost leisurely. The bay mare does not fret for she feels well protected by the two women who intercepted the Amazon.

A small smile is tracing her salmon lips. The everlasting flowers that are threaded around her poll blaze vibrantly against the backdrop of brown and orange and red. Amber pools meet the emerald ones of the new face before flickering to meet bot that of Raxa and Ashara. "Hello everyone." The greeting is short and rather informal as she falls in next to the other Falls residents, her attention is given to the other mare now, having nit caught her name. "I'm Ygritte, how can I help you?"

Ygritte.

The brindle woman still seemed on guard. Naga tried to suppress her urge to be humorously sarcastic as this mare did not know her like those of her home did. She tries to think her words through as not to upset the Falls woman any further. Maybe it had been a bad idea to visit.

Though as soon as she felt she had formulated a good response, a golden figure appeared, gleaming in the late autumn sun, a smaller golden figure placed closely to her side. The mare approaches and greets the tense mare, calling her Raxa, before turning to our dark panther woman.

Her voice is soft, sugary and calming, Naga couldn't help but feel her heart flutter a little. She bowed her head down respectfully to the fine golden mother, green eyes flash up to her, a hint of passionate fire in them. Her sultry deep voice is practically dancing her way.

"Thank you very much for welcoming me so warmly."

"Ashara...."

She plays with the name a moment over her tongue before going on.

"A beautiful name for a beautiful lady. And who is this little golden prince? He looks like he will be a fine warrior of the Falls someday! It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, you too Raxa."

Raxa retorted to the golden woman, Naga could understand how she would think a random dark stranger coming to their home would seem like a threat. Though she knew herself that she would not attack them.

No way in hell was she going to ruin a perfectly good alliance, she was too careful about that. She was decently high in rank, she did not wish to lose her position. But she answers her anyway. Her voice was reassuring.

"Miss Raxa, please, I mean no harm to you or your kingdom. I assure you, I have only come to see the waterfall and maybe make some friends. Our kingdoms are allies, I would not break alliance. You have not to fear me. I may be a panther shifter, but inside I am as soft as a kitten!"

She chuckles at that last statement a little, trying to lift the mare's spirits.

Though before she could send any more flirty notes to Ashara, a beautiful bay woman, with points of salmon pink strode their way, a crown of flowers adorned her brow. She looked so regal and graceful. Naga tried not to stare, for that would most likely be construed as rude, so she takes a moment before the woman reaches them to give a little wink to Ashara.

This crowned woman falls between Ashara and Raxa, her gaze notes all of them and stops on our dark girl. She greets them casually, and introduces herself, asking what her business is here. Naga smiles and bows her head to Ygritte respectfully.

"Hello Ygritte, it is a pleasure to meet you. My name is Naga, I have come just as a casual visitor from the Amazons. I know we have had someone come already to establish an alliance, but I just wanted to see the waterfalls so badly and maybe make some friends. Sorry, I sound like such a giddy tourist haha! I hope I have not caused a disturbance, I mean no ill will."

She bows her head again respectfully, taking a short moment to once again gawk at the golden lady beside Ygritte.

Bah bump, bah bump, THUD THUD THUD.

There goes her heart. Silly Naga, mares are for stallions!! Nope, not in her world, she liked this sweet golden lady. She hoped she could get to know her more.

Though the crowned woman with such a regal outlook piqued her interest. She must be the queen, though our dark woman wasn't sure. This mare was unique, she got right to the point and kinda reminded her of herself.

A friend possibly?

Even though Naga was older now and had matured quite a lot, she still had that residual social awkwardness, she spent a lot of time hiding away in the trees, unsocial and lonely. It wasn't until 3 years ago that she started to open up and really took her sisterly duties more seriously. As well as stealing away her siblings from her malicious mother and bringing them to the safety of the jungle where she could never find them or harm them. But that is another story for another time.

For now she hopes to see this kingdom, she heard stories about it and had envisioned it many times, but she just had to see it for herself. Hopefully Ygritte and Ashara will be more understanding and invite her for a little tour.

More time to take little looks at Ashara as well......

meeeeow

naga

ASHARA
    If you're ever gonna find a silver lining
    It's gotta be a cloudy day

She is entranced by the deep mysterious emerald eyes of the other mare. Stomach filling with the sensation of butterflies, breath shallow at Naga’s tone and compliment. If a horse could blush she’d be as red as a lobster. No one has ever talked to her that way, or even called her beautiful. She wasn’t an elegant refined mare with genetics for long hair like many perceived as beautiful nor did she have the grace and athleticism of high stepping equines or even the muscles of the noble types. She was a humble mutt: slightly shorter than the average, a stocky build with thick legs, and a flat nose. Her best feature was the colour of her coat and how it shone. But the others tone was so convincing and a sheepish smile tugged at the corners of her dark maw.

The roan warriors remark although expected was still off-putting. She was more sensitive to the ill tempers and aggression since being attacked, and she flinched from the dirty look. She didn’t exactly know the obsidian mare but she heard the introduction as she approached, equines are blessed with good hearing, and her scent was mingled with the humid tropics of the Jungle just as the last visitor from their territory when they had offered an alliance had. If it had been a stallion here instead, the reaction would certainly not have been so welcoming.  But instead of voicing her defence, Ashara shifts her attention to the boy, reassuring and thanking him for his calm obedience, feeling his restlessness growing. “This is Cicero, and I hope not. I don’t want him getting hurt.” She half jokes, finding it much easier to speak and breathe when her focus is on him but she turns back in time to see the wink. She is practically flabbergasted. Was this mare flirting? She was so sure that others like her didn’t exist, that she was cursed with this flaw to be alone, unloved and unable to love, for the rest of her life. Her jaw must have dropped in shock, she was clueless how to respond. She remained in dumbfounded silence, gawking at the emerald eyed ebony femme. She wanted to flirt back, if she knew how, but a lump grew in her throat. Childhood trauma’s have a way of impacting the present even when rational thought says otherwise. Being exiled by her own family as a yearling for being different, for having a childhood crush on another filly was devastating. Her own parents couldn’t love her because of it and so she spent her entire life denying it or keeping it a secret. Although confiding in her painted comrade had gone surprisingly well, it has strengthened their friendship, he was the only one to hold her secret. Expressing her feelings now, in the presence of the others, even if they were friends, held huge risks. The kingdom was all she had until Cicero, it took her in when her own family wouldn’t and offered her safety, comfort and friendship. She couldn’t lose that, especially with a child.

“Yes, you are more than welcome to visit. Please come see the falls then.” Her voice is less flirty than she wishes it to be and more excited. Although the waterfalls were so common to her, it was exciting to see it through new eyes. She motions towards the dull roar, curious if the others will join or if she’ll get some alone time with enchantress. Cicero is eager to move his feet after standing so patiently.

@[Raxa] [your turn :)]
    Irritated by a lack of response, the brindled mare snorted, stamping a hoof. She was getting impatient; why wouldn't Ashara answer?

Hearing the newcomer speak to her, Raxa turned her head away, blatantly ignoring her. She did not wish to speak or listen to anything the mare had to say. "You think I care for exactly why you're here?! I don't; I only care about you getting off this land. There may be an alliance, but if you do not need to be here, then you should leave."

Then, the sound of hoof steps from behind startled her. Turning, the brindled mare's eyes widened at who was coming up. Bowing her head to show respect, Raxa stepped back.

"Hello your highness," she greeted Ygritte. Raxa still found that word rolling off her tongue in an odd fashion; she wasn't used to showing respect to high authority. The brindled mare remained quiet as the stranger and Ygritte talked for a short while before the stranger, Naga, expressed her wish to see the waterfall.

While her warrior blood told the brindled mare to stay near the stranger and watch for any suspicious behavior, she really also didn't want to be near Naga any longer. Shaking her head, her long mane falling onto both sides of her neck, Raxa spoke up.

"I thank you for your kind offer to join you on the waterfall trek," Raxa stated sarcastically, narrowing her eyes at Naga, "But I'd rather be off, doing my own business and watching for others, like you, that come wandering into the territory without reason."

Flicking her tail, Raxa trotted off in the opposite direction of the waterfall, eager to put as much distance between her and Naga as possible.
    @[Naga] @[Ygritte] Would really love for this to continue