• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Like a Thorn to the Holy Ones [Iona, any]

The blood bay stallion led the chocolatey mare through the hilly terrain. He made conversation light and discussed the many different and unique features of Beqanna as they passed. The meadow and Forest that were gathering grounds and the "in-between lands" that separated one area from the next. The trek took a decent bit of time, as he stopped to allow both of them to eat and drink, so when the arrived on at the boundary of Chamber the sun had begun it's decent below the tall evergreens. Chamber wasn't "pretty" in the traditional sense. It had a rough or ragged character to it. It was definitely not the Falls or even the Gates. Its unrefined beauty suited him and he wouldn't dream of calling another place home. He halted there where there is a small thinning of deciduous  trees before the start of the coniferous forest. "Well this is it, Iona. Welcome to Chamber."

Nymphetamine was not 100% sure, she would stay, but she had shown she held some inner fire and he was curious what her thoughts would be after a period of time here. Only time would tell and it would suit both of them well to see to it she was introduced to other members of this kingdom.

Nymphetamine

cold was my soul, untold was the pain I faced when you left me: a rose in the rain

ooc: sorry this took so long!  I'll be away this weekend so I'll reply after sunday.
    everyone else feel free to jump in... or skip me in the posting order if the thread takes off while i'm away.  <3
    [Image: nymphetamine_zpsmlx48otf.gif]
    While the chocolate flaxen mare and the blood bay stallion made their way to the latter's home, short conversation cut into the silence here and there. At first, Iona would be a little irritable, for she enjoyed the silence that came with walking through the land and admiring the scenery, but seeing that Nymphetamine was just trying to pass the time, her irritation was quickly forgotten. She would join in the conversation until it died down, and silence surrounded the two horses once more.

She also did listen carefully as this stallion explained more of Beqanna to her. Truth be told, she wasn't incredibly interested, but she pretended to show so if only for the sake that she wouldn't have to listen to the explanations twice. It'd bad enough that she had to hear it once.

Over the few days it took them to get to the Chamber, Iona took in the land surrounding the place, as well as enjoying the grazing she got to do when they stopped for a rest. At night, when the two of them slept to regain their strength, the mare made sure to let the stallion know she needed to have her space if he didn't want to find himself on the other end of her teeth.

As they got closer and closer to the Chamber, Iona noted how different it was from the other environments she'd seen on their way here. It appeared normal, but definitely seemed more 'off' in comparison to the rest of the land. Still, it had a beauty unique to its landscape, something Iona did appreciate.

The chocolate flaxen mare stopped beside the blood bay stallion as he issued her an official verbal welcome to the Chamber. He didn't seem too keen on really playing up the good notes about the place in order to get Iona to stay. Surprisingly, in the mare's opinion, that was a plus. If there was one thing she hated, it was when horses tried to get her to stay by stating all that was good about the territory in order to convince her it was the best place to live.

Absentmindedly wondering how many horses lived here, Iona decided to turn and verbally ask the stallion the same question.

"How many live here?" It wasn't a forceful question, but it was a bit defensive, showing that the mare wanted to know what she was getting into.

His ears flicked around the as she spoke a blunt question. He didn't know of her past, other than she had made it here to Beqanna, and that she had some grit to her. She was an interesting sort, bold in moments but seemingly timid in others. Maybe she had just started to come out of her shell. Either way he had to give her a tour of the lands and help her orient herself so she could function as a working member of the kingdom.

As for her question he hadn't met everyone in Chamber, then there were those that called chamber home but wandered about, he didn't have a number to tell her. so he said so, no reason to hem and haw about it. "I am unsure the exact number. we are smaller in number than we were before the war that destroyed these lands a few years ago, but out number are gaining each week. There are a decent number of us though. I find I run into never different members quite often... but not so much that I don't find those I already know as well."

The necromancer eyed the mare curiously, unsure what she expects. then without further ado, walked into the trees, ready to get the tour on the way. While he was friendly he hated standing in proverbial doorways. As he walked the through the dense trees he pointed out the features that would be most useful to help her navigate and where the best creeks and streams were, where there were shelters, and where they held herd meetings. He stopped short of informing her of too much detail of the kingdoms inner workings- as he knew not her true intentions. He had come as a spy himself, but later had a change of heart, so it wasn't unheard of.
    towards the end of the spiraling tour, he halted at the center of the kingdom, not far from the tall ever burning tree. The tour had taken several hours and night was upon them. He had to wrap this up and get to his next duty. He wasn't blessed with a multitude of time. "That about wraps up the tour. I hope you find Chamber to your liking. I am not always around, but if you see me feel free to say hello or ask a question if you have one. Do you need anything else?" His eyes were soft to match his voice, he hoped she would grow to be a strong member here, but only time would tell.

Nymphetamine

cold was my soul, untold was the pain I faced when you left me: a rose in the rain

ooc: I figured we could wrap this up since it technically is from a few seasons ago, and we have that other "any" thread together. that way we don't have multiple timelines going on. Smile If you really want to continue this one, then I will edit my reply to sound less final.
    [Image: nymphetamine_zpsmlx48otf.gif]
    Iona smiled eagerly as Nymphetamine decided to give her a tour of the Chamber. She pranced a little in place before following the stallion around the kingdom, taking in everything he had to say with gusto. She had to admit, this was an interesting place from what she was seeing all around her. It definitely wasn't like any home, or place really, that she'd ever been in before.

Iona was also happy that Nymphetamine didn't run into a lot of the Chamber kingdom members too often. It hopefully meant she wouldn't have to either, unless she was in the mood to say hi to somebody. Although, that wasn't her mood very often, so in other words, she was glad she didn't have to see a lot of kingdom members frequently other than when they passed each other in the meadows of grass around here.

When the duo were done with the tour, they'd come to a stop by the burning tree. That held Iona's fascination the most by far; how in the hell could this tree be burning without actually dying? What was making it burn forever? She had so many questions she could feel her brain melting out of her ears.

Once Nymphetamine was finished speaking, and his voice drew Iona from her thoughts, the chocolate flaxen nodded in thanks to him, "I'll keep that in mind, and I'm good for now. If I do need any help, I'll be sure to find you, since you're the only friendly one I've met so far. Thanks for the tour," she finished with a smile.

OOC: Yeah, that's fine, no problem. I made Iona's dialogue more of a finishing style so that we can end it here.