• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Round 1-The Announcement
    When it All Began...
    I was asleep, content, when I heard a rapping on my door. I thought that my mother had awoken me. I got up. But then, I remembered that nobody was there. I remembered about the life I used to have before I left my family for the kingdom. I quickly dressed, brushed the snarls out of my red, silver, and blonde hair, wiped the sleep off of my face, did a little bit of cleaning up and went outside with a growing group in front of the announcements area.

They were declaring a search for the heir’s hand, and I listened excitedly. I had a rather stable job as a clerk at the nearby main bank, earned an amount of money that gave me a life that was well worth the long work days - I could even occasionally go to a restaurant for a fancy meal.

“This is interesting.” I say, excitedly, as I quickly get in the suddenly short line, and it was almost time for the entries to be opened. “Yay! Almost time!” Multiple people said. I simply shifted my feet more often than usual, and twirled my hair in impatience.

"The entries can now be submitted!" A voice rang out from the small building. Multiple people whispered and talked in excitement about this behind me, and people's names were said in front of me. I was next and then it was my turn. "Name? Age? Location?" The person asked tiredly."Hermione Farrow. I am 19 years old, and live just a little bit outside the main palace area of Illea." I say, happily, and give a slight head tilt.

Hmm... If I'm selected, then I have to deal with the others. If I'm not, I might be shamed for it. I'm worried about losing my family's pride and respect by not being selected. Could I withdraw?

It was odd, practicing more proper manners, until about a fortnight - or two weeks - later I saw a small letter, addressed to my name and from the Kingdom. "I'm selected! Yes!" I cry, and see the carriage awaiting me. "I'll be just a few moments." I call out to the footmen before darting inside for my things.

Dresses - the blue, dawn pink, and green ones with the white, red or black lacing designs for extra looks - and flats - the black and silver ones, for formality - along with my one pair of heels - black with a red inside that sticks out slightly - was stuffed neatly into a case, and then a small veil in case I won the Selection.
    "Miss? Are you coming?" The man asks, chubby, with a snotty tone and false manners.
    "Coming!" I shout out nicely, restraining myself the way I had trained myself to if annoyed. I had to appear independent, yet appeasing, strong yet yielding.

I got into the back of the carriage, with two grullo drafts in it. I noted the good conformation on the horses, and watched their smooth gait and was surprised by how smooth the ride was compared to my horse's gait at a canter. The ride went quickly, and I fit in a nap for a little while before we reached the castle. They took me to my new quarters, and I unpacked my things, looking at the high-quality bed in front of me.

Opening the covers after turning down the lantern on the bedside stool, I flopped down with a sigh and melted into the soft bed, amazed at how well the bed was made compared to mine. I didn't have a worry in the world as I fell into a deep sleep.
    NO WINTER LASTS FOREVER
    Blazed

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Round 1-The Announcement - by Besra - 04-26-2016, 11:22 AM
    RE: Round 1-The Announcement - by Kirin - 04-27-2016, 11:27 AM
    RE: Round 1-The Announcement - by Topsail - 04-27-2016, 06:30 PM
    RE: Round 1-The Announcement - by Nixie - 04-27-2016, 09:07 PM
    RE: Round 1-The Announcement - by Heartfire - 04-28-2016, 04:12 PM
    RE: Round 1-The Announcement - by Kirke - 04-28-2016, 04:38 PM
    RE: Round 1-The Announcement - by Kagerus - 04-29-2016, 01:18 AM
    RE: Round 1-The Announcement - by Blazed - 04-29-2016, 11:08 AM
    RE: Round 1-The Announcement - by Lagertha - 04-29-2016, 02:06 PM