• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Zavarich
    PHAEDRUS
    He can't help but chuckle at the fillies excitement. Sheba bounding after her to provide protection while the adults took their time talking. Powerful haunches leaping and swallowing the ground beneath her until she is along side Josie where she slows to a lope keeping pace with the youngster.

He watches them as they dissapear from sight She'll make sure that no harm comes to Josie. And then she responds and he can't help a bashful smile. As she starts to run off brushing agians t him he cranes his neck giving her muscled hindquarters a teasing nip. Before he begins to run, though he is powerful, she definetely had the lighter build and probably could outrun him any day of the week he stays close to her tail as he could launching himself forward, straining his muscles to keep up with her and the rest of the small pack.

Stretching his legs slightly he dashes up along side her, legs unussually long and eating away the earth beneath them at an unussual pace for someone so monstrously big. Cutting through the battle plains the forest on the other side would provide shade as they ventured closer to home. At this time he finally slowed looking to the child wondering just how exhausted the run had made her. maybe we should slow the pace. I mean the Golden Plains are practically polar oposite of the feild in beqanna. We are about half there.

Sheba pants standing by his side, as he walks along. Finally the forest comes into sight and along with it the hoot of an owl. Cutting through the trees and plodding past the snapping brush, twigs and needles crackle underhoof. Then there is a break from the shadowy shade of the forest. Gold flowed out befor ethem gushing with life and herd mates. He pauses stepping aside so that the two could take it in as they chose to.
    the words she knows the tune she hums

Josie playfully ran alongside Sheba, the feline spirit of Phaderus. The feline was smaller than Josie but they were closer in height than the adult equines. She thrashed around her head as she tried to outrun the cat(she can't outrun most equines).

Zaravich was cantering, each stride pounding into the ground, leaving her hoof print. Her mane and tail flowed to the back as she ran, she felt free running with the group. She has not felt so free since before Josie and even than she felt as though something was missing, it was odd how happy and content she found herself around Phaderus and Sheba. The stag remained behind her for the most part, at the end he ran beside her and she looked at him playfully, she wanted to pull forward and break off sprinting but he suggested they begin to walk. The Dale was rather far from the field, and Josie was starting to slow down and grow tired. Zara gave a nod and within a few paces she slowed to a walk, Josie falling quickly behind her mother and Phaderus.

The group had a rather silent remainder walking to the Dale (mostly because they were winded/tired). Zara has never been so excited to reach the Dale, as much as she loved the Dale it was a pretty lonely life, but now that she decided to join Phaderus' herd she should have a more consistent interaction. Her eyes gazed around at the trees, and critters that called out for attention.Finally resting as Phaderus slowed to a halt, he stepped aside as if to say welcome. The Dale was beautiful, so it only made sense the Plains would be just as beautiful. And they were, it was a peaceful quiet, and she didn't mind that. "This is beautiful Phaderus" she gave a smile at him. 

Josie was now exhausted and ready to sleep "I like this mommy" she said in a tired voice, she walked over to Phaderus, resting her body on his giant leg, hanging her head low. The filly felt comfortable in his presence. 

Zaravich smiled at the filly who took to Phaderus, it was nice to see since her own father has never met her, he probably didn't even know she existed. She looked back to Phaderus hopeful he didn't mind the foal resting on him.

Zaravich
    the tiny dancer
    PHAEDRUS
    He smiles at Zara as they walk along, watching the pair frollick, before they fall behind and keep pace with the adults leading the way. Thank youhe couldn't help but swell with pride ad the home that he was developing, not everyday that one could show this type of veiw off.

The foal leans against his leg, I'm glad you came little one He nuzzles her fluffy start of a mane in response to her tired comment. Looking up to the mare he can see the nerviousness of any mother. In reasurance he smiles draping his wing across her whithers his other wing sheltering the foal as sheba pulled up along side her trapping her against phaedrus' leg hoping that her rythmic purring would help the child. Or could have possibly for her own comfort in finding someone just as big as she is.

He nudges the foal before her eyes drift to la la land. Josie, we gotta move into the grasses. He didn't trust these forests in the least. Walking forward when they are a fair distance in the cat lays down lounging sprawled in the suns rays, inviting Josie to snuggle up with her. Feel like joining them? I know I doHe can't help a chuckle. Reaching them he lays on his knees providing room for the mare as well. Tucking his wings into his sides he gazes at the mare.

Mind if I ask what happened to her father?He waited until the foal was asleep to ask about it. Reaching his nares out to touch her gently.  

Zaras eyes lit up with comfort that the stag accepted the foal, and was not bothered by her resting on him. Josie had never had a father figure so it made sense to Zara that she found comfort in the stag. The stag draped his wings across the mare in comfort, she usually would tense up, but felt comfortable in his presence.

As Josie was nudged the stag suggest they move to the grassy area as the forest is dangerous. Half asleep Josie agreed and trailed long slowly until they reached the grassy area. quick to find a spot next to Sheba, the feline was similar to Josie in size and she saw her as a friend her age, seeing as there is not foals around the Dale.

Zaras eyes lit up as Josie found comfort here, the foal was usually upset being stuck in the quiet Dale, so it was nice to see the filly excited to be in the Plains. Her gaze switched to Phaderus as he suggest joining Sheba and Josie, she had not objections. Moving closer to Phaderus she buckled her knees until she lay down in the soft grass. Josie quickly drifted off to sleep, followed by Phaderus' question about her father.

She knew he would ask eventually, its not like she could pretend it didn't happen. She took a moment to gather her thoughts before speaking "Well, it was last year of course. I was young and found myself in the field alone. A stallion charmed his way to my heart, it only lasted a week or so before he disapeared and I found myself pregnant." she paused with remorse that the filly may never know who her father is. "I haven't seen him since, I guess thats how it works sometimes" she wasn't the first mare to find herself pregnant without the father being around, and she wouldn't be the last. She hoped that this wouldn't change Phaderus view on her. She has learned since than, and would love to have a foal, but only with a stag she deeply cared for, and one who would stay around to meet the foal. "Phaderus, do you have any foals?" she asked curious to how many mares he had here, and how many of them had foals. Her head lifted look for his gaze, she felt warmth laying beside him. She was alone for so long in the kingdom, and just like that she found herself telling her secrets to.

Zaravich
    the tiny dancer
    PHAEDRUS
    They lie around basking in the sun. Building what could hopefully be a very social herd. Sheba’s purrs vibrated the ground under him. Lips split with a chuckle laying his wing over the filly and cat acting as a blanket. The mountains can probably here her, no chance of them waking anytime soon. Then it’s to more serious topics. A thin line creases his features. Sorry to hear that. as sincere as he is about that, he is sure that it doesn’t even scratch the surface. Its then that she chooses to ask about his own children. I imagine so, never met them. Their mothers just wanted someone to stud them. He couldn’t help but feel slightly jilted by the women.
    Starting a family had been something to tug at his heart, until he resigned himself to the fact that mares just were not interested in that sort of thing. Instead of letting it bother him, he had solved the problem, simply keeping it in his ‘pants’ so to speak. Though he didn’t have those words to use for it, that’s what it was. They threw themselves at me, and I consented. Only they took off afterwards and I never saw them again. He didn’t want to give the wrong impression about himself. Sure he would take off and lead his own life from time to time, but never did he abandon.
    He was a wanderer by nature, and so far he felt proud with how well he had done in keeping the herd and his position in the Dale without taking off for too long that things started going to hell. what about you? You have any others besides Josie? Stretching to his feet, the crack of popping joints echo in his ears. Shaking out his coat and wings from the grasses he moves closer to her dipping his head so that his nares rested against her withers. Kneeling back down so that he is snuggly against her he tastes the salt from her shoulder sure that she is beyond tired and that the bath may help her feel better.
    i'll carry this flag, to the grave if i must

The mare grew warm from the sun as well as the comfort Phaderus offered. She glanced at Josie who was knocked out happily sleeping next to Phaderus' feline friend. A smile grew on her face knowing that the filly was happy being in the lands Phaderus offers.

She turned her head back to Phaderus with a smile laugh in reference to Shebas purring. She was glad he did not give pitty to her situation with Josie. The father leaving her gave her character, it made her strong and willing to be independent. Her heart hurt for the stag as he told her they used him and never allowed him to see his child. Josies father chose not to be around, but Phaderus did not. "I'm so sorry Phaderus, I am sure your foals are lovely equines" she spoke softly trying to comfort any pains that sill existed in the memory of his foals.

She watched as the stag got up and stretched his body out, asking her if she had any other foals "Oh no, just Josie" she paused scanning over to Josie with joy before scanning back to Phaderus. "But I would love to have more with a stag I care for" she spoke keeping her gaze on his wings, not sure how the statement would come off. The stag rested his nares on her withers and layed aside her again, she gave a smile and moved her head to nuzzle his cheek "I'm glad you brought us here" she spoke almost in a whisper. She was growing to enjoy his company and could see herself living her life out with him, she only hoped that he enjoyed her company just as much.

Zaravich
    the tiny dancer
    PHAEDRUS
    He gets up and she responds, that I care for That made him nervous. What did she mean by cared for. In his mind that meant a comfortable relationship open ended and just friendly banter with maybe a few tender benefits on the side. Nothing to fancy, still free on both ends, he hoped that was what she meant. I understand that He gives her a lopsided grin.

He had had quite the headache dealing with two of his other mares. Not that he didn't Care for them. Just that he wasn't into the whole monogamy thing. Nor was he into pushing out baby after baby. One had walked away, leaving his herd completely, it hurt to see her go. He wanted to care for her in his own way, but she wouldn't let him. Then the other had professed her love for him. He hoped that he wasn't going to loose her as well. And now one of them had been stolen. That had him pissed. He was a great battler was confident the other would not have won in a battle, but he HAD to go and steal a mare that had already turned him down.

This stallion had posed a problem before, he had thought the little upstart had finally calmed down, maybe learned a thing or two. NO of course not, when a mare says no you respect that. Ok so maybe he was mad at himself for not being there to save her from being taken away. Mad that even in being promoted he had still failed his herd. What kind of herd stallion was he? He had promised protection and here he was a failure, once agian. Every time. Why did he let his hopes get up? Why did he let his accomplishments get to his head? Every time he did so something like this would happen.

In a moment he is back by her side. I'm glad you chose to come He smiles at her cleaning her coat. Forgettting about the rest of the world attempting to sooth his own frustration. Finishing he rests his neck on her hip. He was at that ackward moment when the world dissapeared, and he should be talking. Should be trying to get to know her better. Trying to make her feel comfortable. Sorry I'm not much of a conversationalist. You might find me lacking in a lot of social graces. his wing blankets them and he lifts his neck to look at her. I'lll be coming and going a lot, it could be several months at a time. I hope that won't pose a huge problem for you. Sheba will always be prowling around. Kingdom stuff and all that Jazz. He looks at her sheepishly his long blue forelock dripping and opening to part over his eye.

She listened as the stag spoke, the words he spoke were understanding but his emotions showed other. He seemed to have a lot on his mind, although Zara wanted nothing more than to comfort him she knew that he was not the sharing type. She did not prod into his personal situations and if he wanted to share them with her she of course would listen.

Her gazed trailed to find his, he was caught up in his own thoughts, moments of silence passed and she began to think her own thoughts. Curious to what he was worried about, if there was a threat for her to worry about! Maybe what she said scared him off? Oh she truly hoped it hadn't, she has grown to care for this stallion regardless of him being with other mares. She only hoped over time he would grow to care for her the same way.

After moments of silence he snapped back to reality responding to her, and than he began to groom her. She closed her eyes to relax, her heart beat faster and she hoped that he would not notice. She was growing to crave his touch and his attention, knowing he had little to give. They sat in silence for another moments before he apologize for not being much of a conversationalist. She gave a small nicker and touched her maw to his own before she lifted her body from the ground to stand beside him.

He went on to say that he could be gone for several months at a time and he hoped that it wouldn't pose as a problem for her. She allowed a small laugh to escape her mouth not at all, I was alone for the same time if not longer in the Dale reminiscing in memories she shared with the Dale, silent years with the rare few conversations she shared. Her gaze was quick to meet his when she stumbled upon a specific memory Phaderus, Ramiel told me about a river? that Dale members go to, to get there spirit animal she paused to gaze over at Sheba, Weir had Darwin and Ramiel had his bird. Turning back to Phaderus He offered to bring me, but now with his own family, would you bring me? eager showed through her eyes, hopeful that he would find time to bring her. She was curious to what her spirit animal was! Sheba always kept him company, and hers would be there to keep her company! Although her excitement grew she didn't know if this was something the royals had to do, or if Phaderus was able to bring her.

Zaravich
    the tiny dancer
    PHAEDRUS
    She asks him about the river, and he smiles in return. Of course I can show you, when ever you feel ready to, we can go this moment if you like? having company in his lonely hour was enough solice in his mind. There was no reason to desire more. Why did his thoughts always start with himself at the forfront? Why couldn't he focus on others as well? Even now... well roving his gaze over frame, something about it made him smile. She had a calming warmth about her. Something so strong, patient really. Did that come with having a child?

Was it just her personality? Or did every mare at a certain age begin to carry that sort of aura. Standing next to her their coats blend together, nothing would have been able to tell where one began and the other ended. Black on black, her fine class against his roughness. Whiskery maw velvet against her skin creeps down her spine nibbling absently. Only difference was her white star between her eyes, and his blue mane and tail falling like water down his coat.

Turning around the heat of the sun breaks their contact allowing the sensation of her body against his to linger there for longer than it normally would. He notes that Sheba has woken to the sounds of their rustling, indeed though was she asleep to begin with? The cheeky cat probably had heard the whole conversation. Her eyes squeeze shut opening again as her lips part and snarl into a yawn. A twitching ear has her paw raising wetting it with her rough tongue, only to turn and rub it against her ear.

How something like that could feel good he would never understand. What happened to your parents? He mused more to himself, but still directing the question to her.

To her excitement he said that he could take her! she did not know exactly what she had to do to receive her spirit animal, although she was truly excited and grateful that Phaderus offered to take her. She Extended her neck to nuzzle his I would love that She pressed her body against his, although the sun was enough to keep her warm, she prefered the warmth that he offered; She was more than satisfied staying by his side. Before she came to Beqanna she feared being alone, than Weir offered her a home in the Dale, and she grew comfortable with silence. She certainly preferred the company of others she did not mind the months that passed that Phaderus was gone and she had to stay alone.

Her eyes were shut with relaxation to be by his side, and they flicked open at the sound of Sheba awakening. A smile grew as she watched the feline stretch awake, and turned to gaze at Phaderus who asked of her parents. Nothing to exciting, I had parents who loved me, we were apart of what you would call a Kingdom but I wanted to set out on my own adventure and make my own life. So when I was three I left home and eventually found myself in Beqanna She smiled a simply and sweet story. Nothing exciting. They did not abuse her, they gave her all the love she needed and they certainly did not want to see her go. She was there one and only foal, although they probably had another after she left. 

Her tail flicked up and she stretched her legs moving forward Should we head to this river now than? as she moved her body rubbed against his, she smiled looking back now a few paces ahead of him. She was truly excited to go to drink from the water and obtain her own spirit animal, and most grateful that Phaderus is taking her, it would make the occasion that much more special. 

Zaravich
    the tiny dancer

OOC: should the post be in the Dale than? Ive never read a thread were an equine got there spirit animal so im not sure how it works