• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Who painted the lion? [Sayden, Any]

lupei

What the truth is, I can't say anymore

Truthfully, her admission of acceptance to Lupei’s offer of a home had been a good choice. Sayden seemed more fit for the Chamber than anyone he’d seen in some time. Though the chestnut mare was not exactly his cup of tea, per say, he rather enjoyed her company on the journey back. Fall had just begun to set in, the leaves above them that canopied the great forest of Beqanna beginning to turn their colors as a warning for the winter soon to come. He could feel the gentle nip of cold in the air and understood that perhaps this winter would be colder than others before her. How very apt of this strange world to try and snuff out the heat that had once ravaged her surface.

The two make good time, Lupei finding his way rather easily between the lofty trunks. Soon, oaks and poplars turn brittle, the leaves grow thin and needle-like. Below them the earth curves upward, hills dipping into sharp crevasses and rounding at the foot of the mountains. With his pale green nose pointed east, the wolf-shifter can smell the pines. It comforts him, even to this day. He slows their progress now, waiting until the mare has come alongside him so he can speak clearly to her. “Sayden,” He begins, “I want you to understand that here, in the Chamber, there is no lead stallion, no one forcing you to breed or be a lesser mare.”

His gaze is firmly fixed upon her, ears tipping forward with the inflection of his serious tone. “You have the choice to come and go as you please, and the freedom to choose to be either a warrior, a diplomat, or both.” He explains, slowly crossing the borders of the kingdom with her in tow. Confusion can be dangerous and the last thing Lupei wants is for the Chamber’s newest member to become frustrated or unwilling. “Whatever your choice is, you’ll be expected to do tasks in order to progress through the ranks. Everyone pulls their weight around here equally. Activity and getting to know the other members of this Kingdom is crucial to success.” The blue-green stallion mentions, his attention turning back to the wide expanse of evergreen forest around them.

They stop, the quiet of this place settling in around them in the late hours of the day. “I suggest you talk to Arthas, he’s a new initiate here also.” He suggests, feeling the urge to slip his skin and become his other self. Not yet though, not until she’s understood. “Welcome home. Do you have any questions for me?”

@[Sayden]