• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

who am i supposed to be? {any}

Well, crap.

He had been worse than useless during that whole debacle a few months back. But here he is, ready to try again. And it had only taken some time away and a nice little pep talk to screw up the ambition (read: courage) to come back again. That had been a whole lot messier than he had anticipated. And apparently his timing is just plain atrocious. Fortunately he has the sun on his side. He had been able to skedaddle real quick after his rather large and unfortunate snafu.

As it turns out, he’s apparently not meant to be a warrior.

Or meet his father, either. I mean, that had been the whole point of the visit, hadn’t it?

In any case, here he is now, ready to try again. And who knows, maybe he’ll stick around this time. Assuming no more wars are about to break out, that is. That most definitely is not a can of worms he wishes to have opened again.

Maybe he’ll even find some a little bit of bravery while he’s here, as well as his father. Shit, would his father even want to meet him anymore?

Well, actually, why wouldn’t he? He’s pretty awesome if he does say so himself. Despite the whole run and hide thing.

He continues for some distance into the kingdom before finally halting, a slight frown on his face. Glancing around, silvery eyes darting from tree to tree, he wonders how the hell they had managed to grow back so fast. He had seen them burn. Unless they were magical trees. Could be. Who knows.

A sound behind him startles him, causing him to whip around, eyes searching for the interloper. ”Hello?” His voice is firm when he speaks, as though he has the right to question anyone approaching him: the real intruder. Still, just to be on the safe side, a shield of sunlight settles across his dusty black coat, protecting him from whoever might be out there.

who am i supposed to be
    if everything good is taken from me?

astray

So, I believe the trees are back? Right? If not, I'm a horrible poop who can't read I guess.

P.s. please excuse the horrible, wandering mess that this is. I'm still getting used to him
    It is her job to know when others are here that are unfamiliar, though some called it nosey and she just viewed it necessary. She watched the charcoal stallion travel through the pines, most of them were only babies since the biggest majority had burned to the ground. It was only symbolic that they were already regrowing, she knew that the pines would be standing tall in no time - just like the Chamber.

The dip dyed blue mare barely knew Zayn, a brief meeting during war times was not what you call a formal meeting much less acquaintance but he was a member of the Army. She doesn't know that this figure is his son or that he very well could have lived here at one point but her clumsiness had set him off and he was quick to show his trait. She squinted at the brightness of his coat, "Hey, shut that shit off!" she irritably yells and turns her eyes away from the sunbeam, finally it reaches a point where she tolerate it until he does. "I'm Kimber, Lieutenant of the Chamber, what's your name and business here, my little sunbeam?" she says candidly as she moves around to the front of the smokey black stallion. More men in the Chamber, she thinks. More reason to stay in role that's a little protected.
    Kimber
    You don't know how hard I fought to survive,
    waking up alone when I was left to die

this was going really good and then i got distracted.
    :/

He has never been required to know anything. Well, that's not, strictly speaking, true. He has needed to know how to survive, how to fend for himself after his mother had decided he didn't need her any longer. But beyond that, he was mostly just doing whatever the hell he feels like, most of which requires very little in the way of knowing things. And certainly it has never been his job to know things.

So, it should come as no surprise that he knows nothing of this mare or her purpose in accosting him here.

Though, I suppose accosting is a little bit strong for what is actually occurring. But, as far as the dusty stallion is concerned, that is neither here nor there.

Actually, the first thought that pops into his head when he finally picks her blue and black frame from the pines is ‘maybe she knows my dad!’ Which, as well as we know Astray by now, should come as no surprise.

Unfortunately the first words out of her mouth are not the ones he had hoped to hear. Instead she's shouting at him about turning something off. What?

It takes him longer that it probably should have to figure out what in the hell she was referring to.

”Oh, shit! Whoops! Sorry. “ The words are spilling from his lips in an uncontrollable dribble even as he hastily draws the sunlight back into his skin, absorbing it as though it had never been. Not once had it ever occurred to him that his unique ability might cause others discomfort when he used it. Though, even had he realized, there's no telling what he actually might have done about it.

A slightly abashed grin touches his lips as she continues, easing the alarmed expression from his features. ”I'm Astray,” he says easily, answering her rather brusque question. ”I'm, uh, I'm actually looking for my dad?”

Wait, he hadn't meant that to sound like a question. Oops.

who am i supposed to be
    if everything good is taken from me?

astray