• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Like a Thorn to the Holy Ones [Xiah ]

Between the Field and Chamber he tried to keep the conversation going but he was unsure how to move forward. He had never recruited someone that wasn't 100% into coming to Chamber. He had stopped and started dozens of different questions, statements and topics yet the bay failed to really hold much of a conversation. It was ridiculous, he was the highest ranking diplomat the chamber had to offer and he could figure out what to say to the lass. Finally, he decided on the unanswered comment from the field. He might have met the mare with the prickly exterior mare with his own brand of snark and sarcasm but he wasn't a total ass. He cared for those that resided within Chambers borders, and that now included the Unicorn. "I meant what I said in the field. I truly hope that the Chamber can offer you a home, in time."

Steel eyes glanced to the side toward Xiah, he wished he had a greater idea of who she is, what drove her, her goals and aspirations. It might have helped him find a way to help her. His brow was furrowed as he contemplated the situation, simultaneously listening to whatever the unicorn threw his way. He didn't expect warmth from her, but he held his tongue and sarcasm at bay, as it obviously was no longer the time nor the approach she needed. Whatever other conversation he had hoped to have prior to arriving, was null as he rounded the final corner before reaching the border of his home, Chamber. 

Black hooves pulled the blood bay's body to a halt, and he turned to Xiah so he could see her reaction. He smiled lightly, hoping to continue to coax her from her shell, "Welcome to Chamber, Xiah. We are glad to have you. Nymhpetamine turned away to scan the landscape after watching and listening to her reaction. He knew unwanted circumstances could sometimes take a while to settle and even longer to be viewed positively so he tried not to over do it. He was sure the dark filly would need time to mourn her childhood home, but the necromancer would hope for the best after the darkness lifted.

Nymphetamine

cold was my soul, untold was the pain I faced when you left me: a rose in the rain

[Image: nymphetamine_zpsmlx48otf.gif]

xiah

The walk to her new home - hopefully - is an unfortunately awkward one. She finds herself trying to carry the conversation, and failing horribly - all of her answers to his questions are weak and uncertain, and try as she might, any questions she might be able to ask evade her. The whole situation is a mess, and Xiah doesn’t know whether to laugh or to cry. In the end, she does neither; she has something of a hard time opening up to people who aren’t her sister. Where are you Kida? I miss you.

After a particularly awful silence between them, Nymphetamine extends a branch of genuinity. Xiah ponders the spoken gesture silently, though her silver eyes meet the stallion’s quick sidelong glance. Her head dips in acknowledgment of his words, but a catch in her throat denies her access to her own voice. It’s hard, coming somewhere new.

She misses home.

Her silent reminiscing comes to a halt not long after this exchange; they round a corner, and before them lays the heady pine-forest kingdom. Her brows furrow slightly at the closeness of it all; while the snow claimed everything here as it did in the Tundra, she finds herself suffocated by the lack of, well, tundraland. Perhaps one day she will learn to breathe this air; for now, she has already decided that flying will be her chosen method of travel in this land.

The red speaks a soft welcome to the black, but she barely hears him. She’s stuck in her head, trapped beneath years of memories with her lost sister, and her lost parents; her gut twists with each resurfacing image, and her lips part to tell him that she could never possibly live anywhere but the Tundra.

She does not, of course, say this. After more than a year of thorough searching through the lands far beyond Beqanna, Xiah has lost hope of ever finding her parents; and with the additional hit of having lost her sister in the fog on their way home, the Tundra will only hurt her more the closer she gets to it.

Soldier on, girl.

“Show me around some, Pheta.” A secret, but warm little smile glowed upon her frosty features as she leaned just slightly into the man; only enough for their fur to mingle. “I’m afraid I don’t navigate well in close spaces.”

You won't have any friends, and I'll live in a room
    With flowers on the walls, and golden doorknobs

Winter was never his thing, he rather hated the cold, but he did like the way the snow highlighted the pine forest that encircled the chambers border. It was a pretty sight. They stood there together on the brink of his home, and now hers as well, and finally, finally it wasn't as stiff, as horribly awkward. The bay watched her closely, she was still closed off, with her tough exterior held around herself like an armor. She held herself in, and he couldn't help but wonder who she was beneath it all. If she ever came out of her shell, he wanted to be around to see it. His words must have sunk in somewhat because she nodded and seemed to take in space, and while she didn't instantly love it, she didn't act revolted. A small victory, if there was a victory to be held in this scenario.

He was ready to move off the borderlands, into his home, but the black hooves of the chamber's lone necromancer held firm their place on the snowy surface. A moment longer, a pause to allow everything to settle. It was Xiah who unexpectedly broke the silence between them, her wispy tones asked to see more of his lands, and he was happy to oblige. A smile, and a nod he gifted the silvery unicorn before adding his own tones to the air. "Your wish is my command, well, at least in this." He grinned through his own joke, and lead the way into the forest. He thought he felt the softest of touches on his side, and if he had eyebrows one would have risen up in peaked curiosity. The lanky bay decided not to make a deal of it and just move on. Except for the name she had bestowed him, Pheta, he didn't care for it much at all. The dislike of the nickname was no major thing and it angered him not, so his tones were still light when he told her that most call him "Nymph."

The forest was thick enough to deter those unused to forested lands, and The bay made sure the once (and always) Tundra Princess was successfully learning to weave through the trees. While the constant snaking around trunks and navigating roots took some time to get used to it was nothing to the tall bay now. She seemed to be doing well and Nymph smiled It gets easier, soon enough you will be a champ at maneuvering these pines." As he walked with Xiah he described how the forest encircled the entire chamber lands, how it was a thinner forest full of clearings towards the center. He moved them further into the dense trees until the cleared. Before them stood the large ever burning conifer at chambers center. Nymphetamine stopped no too far from it, he knew its importance to the kingdom, and he respected the magic it held. " Its no grand ice wall, but it does the trick, don't you think?"

As the highest ranking diplomat, he knew that protecting the kingdoms magic source was important , and was a part of his job. Shaytan, had an obsessive quirk with the tree, that he would never understand, but he could respect its unique powers. "So , what do to do think so far? You know I was thinking that if you wanted to be a diplomat, maybe you could be assigned to Tundra. We'd have to discuss it with King Magma Pants, but I thought it might help...."The bay had been looking at the tree for most of his statement, but he flicked his eyes back to the mare to gauge her thoughts and hear her words.

Nymphetamine

cold was my soul, untold was the pain I faced when you left me: a rose in the rain

xiah

At the slight curl of his lips, Xiah is unable to hold back a mirrored expression. For all his sass in the field, she found the stallion to be rather gentlemanly - in an awkward, unrefined way. Which is completely acceptable to her, considering that she is far from a refined lady in any shape of the term, besides that she can act the part of a princess without even batting a lash. This she proved even more so when her smile turned into a provocative little smirk at the stallion’s next comment: your wish is my command, well, at least in this.

“I’m sure my wish could be your command in other fashions, too…” She purred, purposefully brushing closer to Nymphetamine. Her startlingly girlish laugh broke any tension or unease her little joke might have caused, and the genuine smile which fleeted across her lips only furthers her innocence and purity - supposedly. Xiah played a tough game, but she was a tough girl - and this Nymph, as he is wont to be called, seems to be a tough sort of fellow, too.

As they hit the thick of the woods, Xiah concentrated on her footing, and it seemed that Nymph did, too - she couldn’t help but swoon a little at just how much attention he was paying to her. Mind you, I said a little - Xiah is tough, remember? Tough, and with an addictive laugh which seemed to clear the stuffiness of the air surrounding them.

“Either that, or I’ll stick to flying. I’ve never been the most patient… But I’m sure I’ll figure out this forest business. Thank you for helping me.” Piping down as the bay began describing the inner workings of his kingdom (a shame if she were a spy, don’t you think? But then again, Magicians could have this information in a snap of a finger), Xiah allowed her eyes to roam about the slowly opening forest. It wasn’t so bad as she had originally judged, though the man by her side was proving to be lovely company. She admired the emerald sheen of the somber pine trees, and the squirrels which gallivanted through them. Though she had seen all of this and more during her travels on the Outside, it felt different in Beqanna - magical, as it were.

As they stop before a flaming tree, Xiah’s silver eyes widen all the more, but she does not cower. Ever since her escapade to the Outside had failed her, the once-princess always chose fight over flight - except in the literal instances, of course. Inhaling the black scent of the smoke, the unicorn nodded in silent approval of Nymph’s statement. It’s no ice wall, but an ice wall is no burning tree, either.

She broke her gaze away from the fascinating incarnation of kingdom magic to listen to the highest ranking diplomat’s friendly spiel as to her placement within the kingdom. A wry smile decorates her velvet lips at the thought of just such an arrangement, and it is clear by her childishly happy expression that she wants more than anything to agree - but the expression falters last minute.

“While I appreciate your dedication to my cause, that might not be the wisest just this instant. If I see home, if I even smell it - chances are, I won’t make it back to here.” She knew this wasn’t the answer Nymphetamine wanted, and she lended him a heartfelt look as retribution. “And I want to make it back here. So, for now, I’ll lounge about in the war caste, get a feel for the kingdom and what not.” Their shoulders pressed softly together. “Maybe at the next kingdom meeting we can bring it up to this King Magma Pants of yours -” A grin split her lips apart, and her eyes refilled with reckless abandon. “- a very professional monarch, I am sure.”

You won't have any friends, and I'll live in a room
    With flowers on the walls, and golden doorknobs

Xiah is a poop with too much to say, enjoy!

The flaming tree was a stark contrast to the icy cold that clung to the evergreens. The ever burning flames rose up and flicked at the cool air. The tree never darkened, never charred. It was a fascinating feature and he understood why Shaytan was so mesmerized. The blood bay stallion found that he himself could get lost for short periods of time withing the flames that could lick your skin without the heat of a burn. He debated internally if it would actually burn others who were not loyal to the lands, but he had yet to test the theory, maybe one day he would have the right opportunity. But for now, he stood in the clearing with the unique winged unicorn with the capable mind and a sharp tongue. Her words as they entered the forest lands echoed in his mind. I'm sure my wish could be your command in other fashions too... He had allowed it do go unanswered, but he found her sharp tongue and even sharper wit appealing. Though, then again the diplomat rarely liked anything simple and sweet. But somewhere in her center, he sensed a gentler spirit (like most of the tough ones held tight at their core), and her earnest thanks allowed that to show through, even if it was just for a moment. Nymphetamine, nodded in reply, allowing a comfortable silence to stretch between them for a few moments. He had prompted her again then and her response was not what he had wanted to hear. Chamber needed its army, he knew this. But Chamber also needed diplomats and Under him was a student, Ribcage, who had not been seen recently. So any and all relations were nurtured by him and Killdare. His eyes and mouth did not betray his inner thoughts, however, his time as a diplomat had taught him the importance of a strong poker face. "The army will be happy to have you, Kimber is ranking in our War Caste. She can get you set up with a sparring partner... you know how it goes."

It wasn't that the necromancer didn't know of war, he did decently well in matches and had sparred with Kingdare when he first arrived in Chamber. Mostly, Nymph just didn't care to waste time telling Xiah things Kimber would surely tell her. He did, however, note the silver winged lass mention wanting to "make it back here." A small knowing smile arched his dark bay lips. "You just want to come back here to see if your wish really would be my command it other fashions...don't lie" A drawing look and a small shoulder brush of his own slowed the moment extend the tease in the joke. He allowed it to linger, to hover over the air until you have to wonder if the statement was actually true or not. And at the moment where he thought she would surely break his crafted moment he laughed, just enough to removed only the sharpest edges of doubt. Is she could laugh and tease he would do the same. The difference? Nymphetamine wanted her to keep him in mind, to just barely question if there was more.

Nymphetamine enjoyed Xiah's company since they arrived and he hoped to continue to, he had yet to know what the world was between Kimber and him so he didn't feel the need to not enjoy himself while he had ties elsewhere. So he would flirt and enjoy the attention, in its uncomplicated glory. He revelry was broken when Xiah repeated the phrase "King Magma Pants." The conjurer about fell over laughing. No one else ever joined him in his nicknames, though he should probably set her straight, at least until they meet. "I would make sure to call ol' King pants by his actual name, Killdare, at least until you both know each other. I just enjoy ruffling his proverbial feathers....someone has to keep him on his toes." He figured he would do his part in not barbequing the new mare be setting her up for some success.

It had been some time since he had spoken with Killdare, maybe he should find him...or not. Killdare had been grumpy last time they had met. Alas, it really didn't matter. Killdare would have to learn to share his time, and speak up when he needed space or a private word. The learning curve was different for all when the entered new positions, and hopefully had adapted more in the time since. "Maybe we should go and find Killdare then? He will be pleased to know there is another member of the army."

Nymphetamine

I forgot what season it is in this thread. >.< Winter I think? well I went with winter at least.... and i made nymph words. flirty nymph words O.O