• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

This is my kingdom come- [any]
    ± when you feel my heat, look into my eyes ±
    It’s all politics and mind numbing words shattering his thoughts and forcing themselves out into the world. The earthy bay finds he is becoming more and more like the heat that bubbles within him and that his mind is eager to burst forth like volcano. Already his intellect is turning the tides, making waves across the realms in forms of ties that are not easily forged. Still, he forges them with fire, with heat from the center of the earth and a jaw grinding political correctness that is difficult to maintain.

At least the trip to the Tundra had been in their favor, whether the alliance was set in stone or not- something told him it would all work itself out and soon enough they would all be working together. Tethers did not so easily make, nor did they so easily break because Killdare would see to it that somehow they maintained. Thus he bestowed a gift to the chilly world of the Tundra, the Kingdom of Ice, in his best interest as well as theirs he left it. It was a small gesture when it came down to it but it was a gesture nonetheless and times called for more action and less empty words.

Many small gestures like this he had performed recently, all pawns and plays in the great game of thrones but he did not so carelessly disperse his. For the Valley it was as simple as letting a young girl go, giving up a captive and shoving her head first into a real of shadow and darkness. Hopefully Eight would manage to keep the shadows from eating her alive, otherwise the agreement would be meaningless and as useless as a, well, as useless as a dead girl in this instance. Simple but the act itself was paramount in the growing web and one missing string would send this great work flailing in the breeze, subject to the whims of the current.

The King of Magma and brimstone stalks the pines, brushing his chalky sides against their renewed bark, leaving behind a sooty mark of his own. Some days he took to counting them, just to ease the thoughts that bombarded him on a daily basis. Other days he would seek the thickest set, hiding away in their evergreen cover and pretending the world did not exist. Not all days were bad though, today he did neither, he simply set course through the forest and admired the gentle snowfall that managed to breach the prickly canopy.

As he walked the snow cleared, melted with each hoofstep leaving behind a blatant trail that he did not bother to conceal. His skin shifted in dark plates against a liquid basecoat, one ever moving and changing in deep reds and oranges and golds. Eyes that once mimicked the glass of the sea, now burned with intensity against his serious looking face. The best part was the molten crown bubbling precariously on top of his large head, moving fluidly in a circlet of spikes but never dribbling down his jaws.
    KILLDARE
    magma King of the Chamber
    I can still hear you saying - 
    you would never break the chain

Though the Chamber is her home, it’s not what keeps her returning to its safety time after time. Yes, Dacia had been born here, she had grown up here, she cared for it as anyone would care for their land of origin. The Chamber would always have ties to her blood. But, it does not fill her head in the same way that it fills Lupei’s. In fact, Dacia had been absent most of the war. There was nothing she could offer in defense of the Kingdom, and despite what others would say, she knew that if she had tried her hand at fighting she would have been more trouble than help. No, there is no duty in her actions to remain. Only feeling.

Astri had warned her of this when she had been a child. The sharp, green mare had tried her best to instill within her daughter the importance of not becoming attached to any one place or thing. It was weakness, to have a weakness. But, after all her teachings and all her mother’s efforts to turn Dacia into a weapon of lust, still there remained something that the colorful mare lusted after. Her dam would be so disappointed. She wonders though, as she watches him rub against a lone pine now, wearing away the bark to leave the very essence of himself against the tree, she wonders if Astri would be so against this particular interaction.

For God’s sake - the new King had been there shortly after her birth, had helped her mother discovered her gift. In some ways, he’d always been tied to the curvy little chamberling. “Killdare …” She breaths, the sound inaudible to him. He’d just returned from a trip abroad and already she can see the signs of stress beginning to take their hold. Though the molten crown does look rather symbolic on his head, it still bears a weight of its own. She smiles, softly, and steps from her hiding place - casting off her camouflage in preference for a coat of solid, bright red. Her eyes are painted; golden markings of no origin or discernable language, and they mimic themselves along all four of her legs. To add a touch of flair, she lets the same golden color bleed out into her mane and tail, thus the transformation becomes complete.

“How did it go?” She questions softly, marveling at his new power. It suits him, this coat of magma, just as everything suits him in her eyes.

Dacia;
    color-changing vixen of the chamber

Is it enough? He wonders curling around the tree bases, hardly blinking as he progresses further into the forest. Was the change he sought enough for him? For his people? More importantly the Chamber? He can only hope it was and insist his thoughts to agree. Still they twist away from the path every so often, as the mind tends to do, too overwhelmed with the uncertainties in life to behave otherwise. At the very least the Tundra visit had not ended in bloodshed and that was a victory itself, especially for realms bent at such preconceived odds.

Her voice is lost in the chilled air, a whisper not meant for ears other than those of the speaker. Her coat is another thing, melting into a raging red. At the vibrant change in scenery his massive head lifts to blink at the wielder only to shake when the girls form simmers into view. Curls of golden shapes, meaningless to his eyes, trace their way along her and he grunts deep laugh. Was she mimicking him in some way? Once her Mother had asked him the very same, mimic or color changing? Perhaps she had always been a bit of both, though her childhood had for the most part escaped him in the shadow of the looming War.

It’s like a beacon against the snow, burnished to a fire all its own and he can for a moment only stand there in quiet thought. Slowly the charcoal pieces submerge themselves into the moving red liquid, shedding the hard surface to let the magma freely burn a wretched heat around him. Enveloping him in whole until he stands there, searing the world with an awful warmth as his body becomes some form of solid liquid. The oozing core churning in slow moving patterns across what once was skin until that too he snuffs, darkening to char once more.

“Well then, still breathing I see,” He grunts only partly scolding but the tone of concern, bitter as it is, is still there.

Killdare moves to greet her, splashing as each footsteps gives way to slush. “It is good to see you Dacia, your brother fought well in the battle.” Surely she would be glad to hear it, her slender form having missed his gaze during the meeting, likely due to her ever changing appearance. What other news did he have for her? It’s only when she asks that he thinks back to the Tundra, the alliance still fresh in his mind.

“Well, I think it went well. We’ve come to an agreement of a tentative alliance with the Tundra. For now. Pray the Valley and Gates see fit to bring their best to the coming meetings.” It was imperative the four find common ground or slowly the chain would weaken and eventually break. Even Killdare was not sure if he could solder the pieces back if that were to happen. Again his brow furrows at the thought.
    KILLDARE

She supposes that internally, this is always what Killdare has been like. A hardened, stony exterior, with a hint of something more dangerous lurking beneath the surface, something more tangible, something … more. But she’d never worked her way past the surface, never seen him expose emotion. But wait, that’s not true either, is it? She remembers now - the thing she tries to forget. The way she’d thought to come to him first, of all creatures. She sees it now, the concern he had, the apparent pain and sadness. These emotions had not been for her though. They had been for her dam. Killdare was only doing his duty when it had come to her, seeing her safely calmed before leaving her to find her brother.

Her brother. He mentions him now. “Of course …” She thinks, hearing of Lupei’s magnificent efforts. She and her sibling had not discussed the war. They did not discuss much, despite their close familial bonds. Lupei was her protector, nothing more, nothing less. It did not matter whom he killed, or in what fashion. They had always known what he was capable of. It doesn’t shock her either that Killdare had apparently missed her at the gathering, (his greeting betrays him) for what concern could a King have with a silly mare who enjoyed dress-up? Especially when an entire population of horses depended on his guidance.

Too busy for her. But she could never be too busy for him. His furrowed brow causes her to smile, the curtain slowly drawn back. “Try not to worry.” She offers, easing forward into his greeting if only for her own benefit. “The Tundra’s given you the workings of something tangible.” A bridge was never built in a single day. His mention of the Gates does cause her curiosity to spike, but she won’t push. It wasn’t her place to question, and she trusted Killdare. Perhaps more than she had trusted Straia. “Besides,” She murmurs, tail drawing lazy circles at her hocks, “What alliances can’t be gained through promises, can always be gained in other ways.”

An airy laugh slips past her lips. She's half-jesting. Her ideas are less than sinister. Killdare was a king now, and Kings were expected to produce heirs. Heirs held the purpose of unifying kingdoms. It was written into history, and Killdare could write his own chapter with such a move. But her thoughts wander too far; Dacia reels them in. “I’m glad the War is over.” She tells him, all notes of gaiety erased from her voice. “And I’m glad you’re alright.”

Dacia;

you call me a bitch like it's a bad thing,
    you call me a freak like that means something

Kimber was a confusing creature, her personality was extreme to say the least - an immaculate introvert hiding under the shadow's cloak or fiercely standing in the throws of battle, speaking her mind. Such a conflict takes its toll on her, always battling the need for silence but hating being silenced herself. Her boughts of introversion were starting to make her skin crawl though after her children had left and both 'lovers' of sorts out of the picture. The snowfall had all but stopped and soon it would be melting away to reveal a bed of charred forest floors, more would be flourishing and springtime always had them eager to connect. It wasn't long before she smelled the molten King passing through the area and she followed him in the tree line until another mare approached him -- a bright red, cautionary mare. Kimber chuckles to herself at what a strange group the Chamber is but at least they aren't like the Amazon mares. They may be colorful but they aren't psychotic.

She listens from a distance as they talk about alliances with the Tundra and the red mare's brother comes into play, Lupei - the start of all the amazonian chaos. Our blue mare decides to join, although she may not be welcomed it has yet to stop her in the last five years of her life. She has never formally met Killdare spare kingdom meetings but she acknowledges him with a wry grin, "It must be rough picking up after destructive women," she laughs, she thought fondly of Straia but she found a lot of similarities within the two of them - of course she would be fond of her. Kimber doesn't know this other mare but figured that she would play her diplomatic fiddle and dance. "I'm Kimber, your brother seems a bit of an idiot for what he did but luckily, it looks like the Amazon's magician was kind enough to spare him," she says and a her brow furrows thinking of her, Kimber would not be so nice when she ran into the silver lioness again. "Speaking of the Amazons, do we have any business there? Because I'd be more than happy to volunteer to go...and to the Gates if need be, though I'm fairly certain most of their population is dying or too young to actually fight." The reality has set in that Kimber is the only female ranked in the army and Lupei and Zayn are her competition. Kimber quickly realizes just how many men she is surrounded by in ranks. Her children are grown, she has nothing to get in the way of training or fighting now - she might as well make something of herself. "Enough about Hurricane Straia, what is it that King Killdare wants?" she asks with a slight chuckle and flirtation -- all innocent. Although the red mare may be thinking about heir's and procreating, it's the farthest thing from Kimber's mind.

It's time to have some fun.

k i m b e r
    It’s peculiar to him to once again find himself in the banter of discussion with a woman, even one telling him that all would be well. Would it? No, no he couldn’t think it otherwise lest he sabotage his own plans with this negative outlook. Now was the not the time to worry, it was the time to be certain in all the coming changes and he decided then that he could be that. Even if he had to be that alone. She’s not as concerned with talk of her brother as he would have thought but he’s spoken the news regardless. Somehow he felt it necessary that he shared the boy’s validation in his eyes because in truth the shifter had not brought the ends of the earth down on them. The Chamber had made that bed herself when she crushed the heart of the feeble Gates Lady and left her for carrion in the dunes of the Desert.

“It’s a start but I think we’ve had enough of what we can chew on when doing things the hard way. The Chamber’s had her fill of blood for now, I can still smell them all…” He trails off, unsure how to carry out the rest of that sentence. Their forest was plagued with the spilled life of the countless horses that had been coaxed into such a fruitless blood bath. Most has been to ill equipped or too young to have made any headway and still they came, still the fought- even to their untimely deaths. He should applaud them really, there was honor in death that way, there was supposed to be but he could find no honor in this save for their loyalty to their Kingdoms.

His charcoal mouth lets go a small smile at her words, he was okay, the War was over. For now at least until another day, until another feud rose up to drive its wedges between the worlds. Send them all to each other’s throats like a pack of rabid wolves. “Ah, I am glad too but I’ve no plans to leave you all so easily, nor so soon.” He allows a gentle brush of his muzzle against the top of her head, quick and brief as not to sear her skin. Whether the nude is simply paternal or affection he has yet decided- the gesture ending at the dulcet tones of the bluest mare he’d ever met.

“Oh good, still around.” He turns the cheek up at the progressing form of Kimber. “Equally as rough as listening to them, yet, here I am- glutton for punishment.” He shifts his weight, snorting a cloud of blackened smoke as he watches her emerge herself into the conversation. She was an odd woman and Killdare had met plenty of odd women, this one was like a cat-pet me, no don’t pet me. Somehow both Warship and Nymphetamine had fallen prey to her antics and he still wondered how they ever managed to suffer her affections. Still, she was here, she had fought for them and for that he promoted her just as he had the boys. He would not make the mistake of inequality, not even within his army, besides she had suffered enough. The loss of their once General still brought a dull ache to him though he did little to express it to the others and he had not blood tied himself to him with children(not that he could have).

“We’ve no business with the Amazons, they called for truce and that they will have but I do not seek allies with them. Let them return to what is left of their Jungle and lick their wounds as they have done for us.” She was too eager for the fight, perhaps it had not yet left her but she would need to find some other way to expel the adrenaline War had left with her. “I’ll be going to the Gates soon for an alliance, I suppose you can come seeing as my first choice is attending to your family matters.”  He rolls his eyes at her saucy tones, not so much of a bull-headed idiot to plunge into that hole. Let Nymph have it, actually it was sort of amusing to leave him to it.

“We are going to focus on building Kimber. Patching the holes this mindless War has left and strengthening our ties with new allies. Us, the Gates, the Tundra, the Valley. Four corners, four horsemen, we will build the where we can, we will aide them where we can. We cannot survive with ties to the Valley alone, time to broaden the horizon.” The jokes had left to be replaced with a seriousness in his decision as he related it to the dip dyed woman. Fun? Fun would be diplomatic visits,  it would be mocks or friendly steals with their allies, it would be doing for the others if they should so need it. Speaking of fun, “Have you sorted patrols out with the boys yet? I’m going to need to know I can rely on you, you’re top of the caste aside from me if you keep it up.” Could the brat ever be serious about something he wondered? Even Nymph had the balls to man up when he shoved him to the Diplomats without a word against it. Maybe Kimber would proceed with the surprises, women always seemed to.
    KILLDARE

It had been an odd winter, and he was glad to see spring come. He knew he would have yet another child coming into the world soon. He hadn't meant to spawn so many different children, but it had happened none the less. He was a bit of loner in the love department, and nature had a way of instinctively moving the world along. Everything was so different from when he first arrived, no longer was he a spy, no longer did he live on egg shells, no longer was he stuck in this limbo of restriction from two different kingdoms. No longer was Keeva here either. He had met her and fell so hard so fast. He hadn't meant to, in fact, he pushed her away more than once, and yet they always returned to each other. It was something that seemed to happen without his knowledge but she instantly was a part of him and he welcomed her presence and it quickly became normal. One day she was just gone, and it tore his heart open more than he would ever be prepared to admit. The necromancer didn't expect to ever unshackle the chains around his heart again. So he saw no issue with his ways, he was a stallion and did as nature intended. Petya had joined chamber as a result, and Karaugh was in Silver Cove, Chamber's wild card alliance member, his kids were bettering his world, or at least, his kingdom's world--All was as it should be.

Winter was when Keeva left, winter was always hard, and he was thankful for the distractions this winter held. He had left the tundra in a whirl of emotion, and followed Vaughan's information to the Falls, Ygritte had taken up search from there, and the bay went to look at home. Along the way, he met Arthas in the field and well ended up recruiting a stallion. So after the turmoil that had been winter, he was glad spring had come and with it a new recruit fresh from the field. At least, something good had come from this freak situation. The recruit was a dapple grey named Arthas and he would grow to be a good addition, with some direction and training. Nymph had led the stallion to Chamber (while searching fro Vessel) and hoped to find Killdare once there so he could drop off the grey and return to searching. He, of course, toured the pine riddled forest, showing the stallion some of the kingdom's best features. He made sure to keep an eye out for the filly in the process but there was no sign or scent of her anywhere.

It was during that tour that he heard the rumbling tenor or his King. Of course, he was not alone, Killdare seemed to always be around others or on the move working on moving his vision forward. the blood bay was proud of Killdare, as a ruler and a friend. He led the new recruit forward towards the leader, explaining he was about to meet the king of Chamber as he went. But once he saw the owner of one the other voices he stopped. Kimber, of course, it was her. He wasn't ready to talk to her. He wasn't ready to confront her on her betrayal. She had failed to inform him of his children. He himself hadn't realized how big a deal it would be until it happened. She had crushed him, taken time away from his kids. Most stallions might not have cared, he didn't think he would care, but with Kimber he did. It was the first sign that his heart had come unshackled for the blue mare, but he was blind to it then, and still not yet aware.

The bay's dark eyes looked from the cover of trees, ignoring the dapple grey at his side and he watched the blue mare listened to her laughter float on the air. The slurry of emotion that bubbled through him was complex and he was unsure which emotion was the base. But anger was a not he could fixate on, and so he held to that. He was angry with the blue mare. He fortified himself with a sharp exhale and turned to Arthas. "Are you ready to meet Killdare, Kidd?" He smirked assuming, the stallion would reply with his own chosen nickname. After waiting for any reply or questions, he moved into the gathering. He moved over close to Killdare and waited for him to respond to his preexisting company. The conjurer focused solely on the magma king and completely ignored Kimber, it was all he could do for the moment.

He had to talk to her, but it wouldn't be here, he had to get Arthas off his hands and then he would figure out Kimber. He knew there was no avoiding it as he just heard Killdare speak of the family issue and he didn't know if Kimber was yet aware. After the king replied he spoke to the ruler, "Sorry to intrude King Lady-killer, but I would like to introduce you to Arthas, the newest recruit to Chamber. Killdare, this is Arthas....Arthas, Killdare- King of Chamber and Grand Ruler Supreme of all things magma." I wicked smiled fluttered across the bay's dark lips. He was never tame, that was for sure, but he knew when was appropriate for seriousness- which he proved in the Tundra. He had stuffed away his worry and he was ready to return to his search.

At that point he stepped back to let Arthas and Killdare meet, his role was mostly done. He chanced a glance at Kimber, his dark pools flickered over her body. Searching for any sign of injury or change, and her reaction to the news. She had healed from the war and seemed calmer than last he say her... but that was the war and frantic was the normal then. He opened his mouth to say something to her, however, the sharp words suddenly felt wrong. He shut his mouth and looked away, not liking that he lost the hold on the single emotion that was to get him through this encounter. He searched inward, sifting through the emotion within him. Anger still simmered for the mare, but it didn't seem right, it no longer was so strong. But he wondered if Kimber even knew Vessel was missing. so he turned to the mare in hopes they could put the issue aside and find the filly. "I am about to search the forest, maybe you can search the meadow...considering she went missing after wanting to come see you, but if you are more worried about kingdom ranks, than please stay sergeant Kimber." Smooth, the necromancer thought to himself as if the situation wasn't tense enough. Apparently he hadn't lost hold of the anger he had held onto. He knew he was just worried about Vessel, and Kimber didn't deserve it but... he couldn't take it back now. and he kind of didn't want to. He flicked his tail in agitation on turned to leave, a glance over his shoulder was all he gave to see if Kimber would follow to help search.

Nymphetamine

in my heart, that barless prison
    discolours all with tunnel vision

@[Arthas]
    [Image: nymphetamine_zpsmlx48otf.gif]

What was once private, now becomes public. She cannot have him to herself - she never will. His lips brush against her, torturing her though she smiles through the pain, and a new voice wafts over them. Another female. Dacia doesn’t turn to look immediately, her eyes still rest on Killdare as his vision turns to the blue-ish warmonger. A loss is a loss, and Dacia remembers this moment, tucking it away so that she may keep it as a reminder to never lose herself again. She must focus, move ahead. Killdare was a distraction, one she could no longer afford to entertain. She smiles, head curving backwards to take in the mare as she announces herself, or rather, tacks a word into the air generalizing those like herself. The color-changer shifts, and with the action, so her coat follows, bleeding out until she borrows a coat well-known to her. Lupei’s. An exact replica washes over her, and soon she is the female equivalent of her elder half-brother.

“Oh, I know you, though we’ve never met.” Dacia purrs. What good was knowledge if one did not seek it at all times? What good would she be to a kingdom if she didn’t know who roamed its more shadowy depths? And (for the God’s sake) how could she call herself a chamberling if she couldn’t even pick out who her superiors were? “But it seems you don’t know my brother as well as you should. Kimber, was it?” Dacia queries, head tilting to the side with mock interest. There is so much that the hidden mare can handle. Watching her mother’s death, sensing her alienation in a world where companionship was the ultimate goal, losing (time after time) ground with the object of her hidden affections.

But, there is one thing she will not stand for. A slight against her brother, her blood, is a blow she will not take, even if it is meant in jest. “To you, perhaps my brother’s actions were unsavory, but I can assure you that what he did was not done out of … idiocracy, as you so tactlessly put it.” Her tone has lost it’s forgiving quality, choosing instead to take a sharper turn. Kimber. The name burns behind her eyes. Dacia’s attention turns to her King as the two converse. Forgotten, so easily. He mentions the idea of the azure mare working out patrols and Dacia’s smile once again bubbles to the surface. “Lupei is rather hard to get a hold of, but I’ll do my best to find him, and to mention that you’re seeking him out.” She murmurs, softly, to the attentive mare.

A few others begin to congregate, the pressures of overcrowding looming down on Dacia like unwanted flies. She was no longer needed, nor did she seek to remain. She had her answers, had her plans, had her own revenge to enact. “Killdare.” She states flatly, dipping her head before turning on a heel and allowing her powers to consume her - every shadow, every color mimicked perfectly until she becomes invisible. Unseen, she feels complete. Invisible, as she always will be.

Dacia;

FORGIVENESS IS A CONCERN FOR THE LIVING.

Arthas was following behind Nymph on there travels from the field to the chambers, his new kingdom. He glanced taking in every detail, trying to memorize the trip so he could make it on his own. Winter was ending, the green grass peaking out from the snow was an indicator to this. His dapple gray coat was shining off the suns reflection, offering warmth on these chilly days.

After traveling for what seemed like forever, he could hear other equines in ear shot. Nymph was headed in that direction, so this must be the Chambers lands. He scanned the horizon looking around the area, he gave a snort as the horse called him Kidd. He considered calling him rug rat again, but the nickname didn't stick to the bay horse. He was annoyed with the nickname this stag plastered him with, but could learn to live with the harmless sarcasm. Arthas came to a halt as they entered an area with multiple horses, three horses were there and Nymph ignored all but one. The bay stag, he introduced Arthas to him, the king. He wanted to laugh as Nymph called the King Lady-killer, it was good to know the king could take a joke. He was looking forward to life with these horses after all. Arthas gave a dip of his head in respect to the king "It is nice to meet you Killdare, I hope you will allow me to be apart of your kingdom" the stag looked intently on the king, he flickered his eyes momentarily as Nymph had moved away to talk to the other horses. His attention went back to the king, he was curious to the tasks he would be put up for. Arthas was more than willing to do as the king pleased, he did not seek love, all he wanted was to be appreciated by the kingdom members. 

ARTHAS

It has become evident very quickly to the dip dyed mare that her timing for this encounter, much like most other encounters she experiences, is quite personal. She doesn't speak or gesture anything of it though because she has likely had her own private 'event's witnessed by someone and they choose to stay quiet. No one openly spoke to Kimber about her lust triangle but occasionally she would catch stares and she could only assume. It is no secret that the blue mare was close to the General, she was not in the know nearly as much as she has been the last few weeks under Killdare's watch. As much as she would deny it, Kimber is a simple monster to subdue - pet it, tell it does a good job, give it things to do and it will leave your curtains alone. Killdare mentioning her opportunity for advancement and questioning what she's done sends her heart into a different rhythm, purpose is nice.

She then remembers sending out a challenge to an Amazon mare - oops.

"Better to ask for forgiveness than permission I suppose - I've sent a challenge to an Amazon but I will change some of the stipulations," her black ears tip forward and her amber colored eyes searching for an unsavory expression. She will have to spend some time with Killdare to become familiar with his quirks to know what buttons to push and which to avoid. "My family matters? I have none in the Gates?" she says puzzled, a bewildered look creeping over her dished face but before she can begin to really analyze what the magma King means by it she smells a familiar scent in the air. It feels like a boulder being catapulted into her stomach as she and Nymph haven't crossed paths since the war and it seems the longer it stews, the worse she feels. Her mouth feels warm and she finds herself swallowing more as he and a gray stallion approach and she sincerely hopes to not vomit. Kimber was a stonewall on the exterior outside of anger, this would the least beneficial time to crumble. Winter had been rough for her too, the first she had two small children at her side, this past winter she had lost both her children and the General - it was long, it seemed like an eternity and it felt similar to now. The blur mare doesn't make eye contact but shifts her body further from the side the newly introduced Arthas and Nymph stand. Distance kept things tolerable, she reminds herself and thinks if it's as awkward for those who aren't as privy to the situation. She wants to laugh alongside the group when Nymph banters about Killdare being a lady-killer but because she is angry too, she won't give the necromancer the satisfaction. Any show of emotion, no matter how brisk or lightheaded was a certain failure. "Kimber, welcome to the Chamber, Arthas - you'd make a fine soldier," she offers with a small side smile that disappears nearly as soon as it arrives as she awaits to see what Nymph will insult her with next.

How could Killdare know about her missing daughter before her?

Tidal waves of panic, fear, and anger wash over the feisty mare as she sharply eyes Nymph, knowing that she cannot verbally assault him now she chooses to ignore his comment about her duties for now. The color-shifting mare is quick to come to her brother's defense which Kimber finds to be relatively normal, however, she can feel the mares disdain for her. She wants to laugh at Dacia but she decides to bite her tongue, she was once smitten with a superior and feeling the need for this affections. The dip dyed mare was also once crushed by the unreturned sentiments and wishes - she, too, has been one to fade into the background. "Opinions and assholes, the world is full of both," she says, dismissing any further commentary from the young mare but knowing full well there would surely be another encounter in the future. There always was, the Chamber only had so many shadows to hide within. She turns her attention back to Nymph, Arthas and Killdare - a more familiar territory with the boys. Women were so touchy, herself included. "Let's work smarter, not harder shall we? I expected a diplomat to have a better plan. You can take the forest, I'll search but it may be best practice for you to seek our newest allies for help in finding her," she moves past the trio and nods to Killdare and Arthas, "Until then, I'll see you when I see you." She moves off from the group now, hugging close to the treeline that she finds such comfort in and now she can feel what she's been hiding.

Her chest hums a song of worry and of regret.
    Kimber
    you can't love a cold-blooded woman