• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

He's So Bad; Kingdoms

Crimson eyes flutter about, as vague memories flood through his mind, those of love, forgiveness, and lastly the forever burden of heartbreak. Far beyond gone, life had left him with one option. To return to the wretched field where he once gathered mares with much failure.

The pale man, grimaced as the potent scent of sweat and emmense odor entered his pink nostrils. Almost gasping his mouth was held agape as he inhaled the wretched odor that seemed to labor his breathing causing him to wease.

Porcelain lobes swiveled, the beckoning of conversations echoed through his ear lobes like a constant chorus of a game he knew too well to play. Thoughts rendered his mind, voices echoed through his ears as if they were hailing his name, a sweet little tune that allowed his muscles to continue to function.

He made his way far from the other equine, his musky sweet scent was the only thing that held him from the brink of insanity. His alabaster body swayed In a relaxed motion as he reached the edge of the field. Water spouted from atop of the cliff sprinkling down and feeding into the lake. Untouched.

Lowering his muscular neck, shoulder blades rolling in a soothing motion, as his parched lips welcomed the crisp clear liquid into his mouth. His muzzle dampened and lips soaked in the pristine liquid the man glanced about keeping to himself.

Eventually he would find himself being bombarded by mare's and stallions, seeming to beg and plead for him to join their kingdom, and if the offer was decent he might agree to join their homeland, and participate in kingdom affairs if needed.

D・a・e・y

He's so bad
    But he does it so well

Brynmor

"With my speechless calm eyes."

Trips to the field had become one of his more regular things to do lately. It wasn’t new to him, and the regularity either, but it was something noticeable. He used the time it took to walk from the Tundra to the field to practise his new gift, and over time he had gotten better at staying invisible for longer periods. Brynmor still hasn’t mastered it, but slowly but surely he was getting closer to his goal. Not that he had figured out yet how to use this kingdom trait into the Tundra’s advantage, but he guessed it would one day show its purpose to him. But today was not that day yet.

Unlike the Tundra the temperature in the field was just as it should be in the spring. And except for the fact that his coat was still too thick to be comfortable with this temperature, he enjoyed it. The lands of the Tundra were still covered with snow and only during the peeks of the summer the green grass would show itself, so the graying male took advantage of this trip to the field by nibbling on the grass from time to time.

Although unexpected – he had seen only mares in the field lately – he’s pleasantly surprised to find a male lounging around. A male that doesn’t seem to be on the hunt for herdmares or potential kingdom members, instead, he’s there a such being himself. Brynmor’s blue eyes study the pale and red eyed – just like Offspring had red eyes – male as he lowers his head to refresh himself with some water. The stranger didn’t smell like had only recently arrived at Beqanna, but nonetheless the scent was strange to Brynmor. Who knew where he was originally from?

”Good day” he greets kindly, his head dipping slightly as a pleasant smile lies upon his lips. ”My name is Brynmor, from the Tundra.” Pausing he takes a better look at the cremello stallion, his ears pointed slightly forward in interest, but without forgetting about the rest of the world. ”Would you be interested to learn about my home?” he asks, direct as ever. Why should he dance around the subject if it was quicker to learn this stranger’s wishes this way?

"Nothing is coming to rise."

Padma
    snakes among sweet flowers do creep
    Well, here she was, left to comb the masses in the field by herself it seemed. It was a tedious task she thought, asking after others to join her 'home' but it was a necessary pain that she must endure. The Gates was a quiet Kingdom, even in the midst of great change- it was dead, dead as a damn door nail. Leave it to the reptilian clad woman to have to scour the meadows and grasslands to find sustenance for the starving realm of Heaven. 

The shining white woman finds the Fields as mediocre as ever, littered with has-beens and want-to-bes. A snort leaves her fine bleached muzzle as she scrutinizes them, oh yes, each one. Deep eyes canvas the possibilities of Kingdom mates, recruits to better build their army or peace castes preferably but she couldn't make them commit- she could try though. A smile laces up the velvet of her whiskered maw and she progresses to a similarly white specimen near the lake, notably male and dipping his own alabaster head to the cool waters. 

She rights herself, straight and refined as any lady should carry her form, walking carefully but with intent on her newest target. It's perfect really, all save for the dapple that is already progressing on the scene. Eyes burn to narrow and glare at the male but she refrains, retaining a sweet and innocent look of inquiry as she approaches the small gathering of men.

"So sorry to bother." A coy motion of her head as they are blocking the path to the water, where she feigns interest. "Just a hair scoot? If I may?" Brushing past them both with a flick of her silky tail, leaning in to relish the taste of the cool, clear liquid before them. "It's exquisite, not as nice as home but it'll serve." Just that little tidbit to raise curiosity, her body turns in a fluid motion, coiling like a serpent to face one white and one grey.

"Padma, of Heaven's Gates," Could she curtsy? she could try, dipping her head and chest as she does so. "It's beautiful for spring isn't it? It's nice to meet you both erm?-" She waits for names because it's what a lady would do, she waits because she knows names will come and she will weave them in her memory like a silken web.

Soon enough it happens, a peculiar grey stallion confronts him, in a casual calm state. He seems friendly enough, with little hesitation he spoke. Ghastly vocals carrying a breathe between words,"Pleasure to meet you Brynmore, I'm Daey." He pauses for a bread moment before continuing. "Might as well." He rasped.

His ivory lobes perk as the femine vocals of a mare enter the conversation, with a flick of a pear tail an alabaster mare scoots by to sip from the crisp waters. Daey refrains from staring and returns his attention to the grey brute before him, soon enough he finds the mare as simply decided to jump in. 

In a lady like manner, she tippy toes into the conversation entering with a classic line he had used multiple times in his past days of recruitment. He finds her little introduction suitable enough for Brynmore to continue in explaining the ways of his kingdom. 

The pale man's Crimson orbs switch left to right only to find tha mare continuing to speak, wondering of his name. His vocals chords had far had enough of speaking for multiple years yet he responded gallantly, raspy chords clashing with a hint of confidence in the presence of the women,"It's Daey. If you don't mind Padema would you care to share about your kingdom?" He questioned politely allowing a dip of the head to be added.

His attention so returned to Brynmore as he awaited to hear about both The Tundra and Heavns Gates. 

D・a・e・y

He's so bad
    But he does it so well

Brynmor

He’s pleased to learn that the pale stallion is interested in learning more about the Tundra. Not everybody was interested to live in such a cold and harsh place, and although he could still be that Daey would turn his offer down, he was at least given a chance to try. It has the smile that already pulled on the corners of his lips grow wider.

But before he’s able to reply there is another presence to delight their conversation. He had heard and smelled her coming – those senses had developed themselves during the time he had been blind – but he’s nonetheless surprised by her entrance. The scaly mare just brushes past the, going for the water right away, instead of mingling into their conversation. The gray male studies her as she dips her head, quenching her thirst, and not only because of the scales that form her coat, instead of fur like his and the cremello’s coats.

”Brynmor, from the Tundra” he replies, as she finally did seemed interested to join their recruit conversation. ”And yes, the spring has been quite generous this year already, although it doesn’t really show yet in the Tundra.” Their lands were still covered with snow, hence his still thick coat, like always the spring and summer set in a little later. I also would never get too hot. Quite to Brynmor’s liking.

His blue eyes move back to the red one of the other male, pausing before finally start to tell the other about the Tundra. ”Please tell me if I’m not telling anything new, but the Tundra is a men kingdom. Since our new king took over the throne not too long ago the brotherhood has been growing steadily and new alliances are going to be formed.” Glancing towards Padma he thinks about the potential alliance with the Gates, for which he knew Offspring was looking for. In fact, he would accompany his king to a visit soon. ”The Tundra is covered with snow and ice for most of the year, the circumstances can be quite hard to live in, but some refer to that as quite satisfying. Currently our lands are still white, but soon the spring and the summer will be able to drive the winter away from our lands.”

you call me a bitch like it's a bad thing,
    you call me a freak like that means something

Although their numbers faired much greater than the other side in the war, there was still need to reinforce and renew. As Killdare had mentioned rebuilding and strengthening, the mighty blue mare would see it her duty to aide him. Although the magma King was no Warship or Straia, somehow over the course of time Kimber had found herself loyal.

At least to a place.

It is not that she is against women or doesn't want them around but the truth of the matter is men aren't hindered by childbirth or children during war. It was just easier to recruit them from an analytical standpoint and so when the pale man arrives on the horizon and waits for company, she is happy to oblige. She, too, could enjoy a drink and moves in closer towards the male, a cautionary grunt 'hey don't kick me' as the blue mare settles up beside him. She doesn't banter on about spring or any symbolic note on how the butterflies had finished their metamorphic phase. Kimber has always been blunt after all. Her black lips reach the cool water to drink, lifting shortly after as water drips from them, then looking at his red eyes she speaks, ignoring the others in true Kimber fashion."Kimber from the Chamber, I'm in the army there but if that's not your forte there are some diplomats who need a run for their money." She laughs, it's been the first time she's laughed in almost two years - children were not Kimber's strong suit and it took everything from her to feel like she did 'enough'. Her amber eyes light up with the potential of newcomers, perhaps even a little hope that things would be far more fulfilling than they had been recently. "What baggage are you carryin'?" she cooly slips out, everyone has a past; even if it's simple being a vagabond but our little blue ombre mare was notorious for being nosey so it's no surprise she asks.

She doesn't speak to the Gate's being, a truce doesn't mean that you have to be all that friendly - right? She does recognize the Tundra man and extends a small touch to the shoulder. "Brynmore, nice to meet you - I'm sure I'll see more of you and the brotherhood in the coming months," she says, then turning to Padma, "A tour of the Gates would be swell, wouldn't it? I believe I would love that too.." a snarky little shit she is but she smiles and plays the part.

k i m b e r
    Padma
    snakes among sweet flowers do creep

A compelling smile traces its way up her pristine lips, taking in both the men in her presence. Her presence of course and not the other way around but they need not know that little thought. When the water hued female sidles up to the lake she gracefully steps aside, brushing closer to Brynmor and giving him and ‘oopsie’ sort of chagrin look. Once adjusted to the new grouping and proximity to each other she lifts her head higher, perking her ears forward with interest though for the most part she cares little about the others and their homes. She was here for the Gates, she was here for herself and making good on her name in her newly chosen residence and caste.

“Pleasure, Brynmor, Kimber, Daey,” she saves him for last lingering on his name with more care than the others spoken before it. Her onyx eyes watch the growing group carefully, taking in each one and settling some first impressions in her mind.

The grey takes his turn to regale them with tales of his icy home and she gives a quick shiver. “Oh my,” she whispers as if taken aback by the thought of such a bitter spell of weather. Her eyes play the part of earnest as her ears remain focused on each speaker until it is her turn and she blushes- if only she could. The deep glint of her eyes find the brash woman as she invites herself as well as the others when no mention of a trip had previously been suggested, simply a telling of what her homeland was like.

“Oh I would delighted to take my guest for a tour sometime, otherwise I would be happy to tell you more about my home Daey.” She carefully brushes aside the others self-assertive flamboyance, saving her own for when the time and the place and the outcome favored her fortune.  Afterall, she was playing the part of a good lady wasn’t she? Of course she was, that’s how Padma worked.

“It’s a beautiful Kingdom, Heaven’s Gates it’s often called. It’s the perfect little slice of paradise and we’ve a new King too, a young man who I find capable of holding the throne. I see good things for our future, strong ties under a strong King. It’s good to try new things isn’t it Daey? Well, little ol’ me I’m just here to help our home grow. We are terribly few after the War and it’s hardly a Kingdom without its people isn’t it?” Just the hint of sob story to her tale but otherwise it was all true, and she had to fill in the blanks because truthfully she hadn’t lived there long at all.

It’s another’s turn and she politely steps out of the spotlight, flicking her colorless tail at her hocks.

As far as Daey knew of kingdoms, is that they had ranks, in order to rank up you would do recruitment and other acts, to earn wings or certain abilities. Little did he know that there was a brotherhood of bachelors within one whole kingdom. Nor did he know of any living conditions, for he had always lived on his own little piece of paradise, where in the winter there was a little snow layer, and in the boiling days of the summer the winds of the ocean brought mercy to his little herd he had once ruled.

But now, he was ready to find a new home. While Brynmore spoke of his rather enticing brotherhood of a kingdom, Daey found another body joining the fight. A Blue to black ombre mare seems to snuggly placed herself up against him. If he was the man he once was he would simply take her like a hound takes a bitch, but fortunately for her he had his boundaries.

Before speaking to the mare, Daey politely thanks Brynmore in a causal tone, "Thank you Brynmore. Your kingdom sounds very tempting, I would happily come visit it some time if possible." His crimson eyes focus upon the brute, returning to Kimber.

"Well, the sound of an army sounds very enticing." His ghastly vocals comment, as his lobes swivel in a multitude of directions. "Perhaps I'll follow in that path. I'm Daey." He rasped, add on. "It's a pleasure to meet you Kimber." He feels already quickly bombarded by the three, yet he holds his annoyance back allowing a roguish smile to unfold upon his pastel lips."My baggage? Much of regret and heartbreak..." His tone changed slightly, he didn't necessarily want to rant on about his life. In fact he came here for a reason to hear them rant on about their kingdoms. "Enough of my ranting, more about you three and your kingdoms." He chuckled as he caught himself.

"A tour of your kingdom would be wonderful Padma. I'd like to keep all of my options open." He listened to her little explanation of her kingdom, its a bit sad and unfortunate for war. Wait, was there a war? He had never really heard of what happened, in the battle nor who won. But he decided to keep to himself in the mean time.

"Would it be too much trouble, for all of you to give me a tour through all of your kingdoms?" He spoke politely. As he awaited for their responses, a tour would surely give him a look of kingdom life in fact along with the hard part of choosing his new home.

D・a・e・y

He's so bad
    But he does it so well

Brynmor

First there had been the white snake woman to join them, now it was a lady painted blue like the water. She too went to refresh herself with the river’s clear water. But at least he had been able to finish speaking, sure that if Daey wanted to know more, he would ask for it himself. Brynmor didn’t want to keep rambling on, as there were more waiting for their turn to speak.

Brynmor cannot say that the bluish woman doesn’t surprise him. Although the Tundra and Chamber were on friendly terms now – as they had formed a tentative alliance – he himself still struggled somewhat with the past. And in that past the Chamber hadn’t showed herself from her best side. So when she comfortably greets him and even reaches out to touch his shoulder, she has him baffled for a second. But only for a second, as he dips his head in a greeting soon after. ”That will be highly plausible” he agrees, offering her a small smile – which didn’t quite reach his eyes yet – in his best attempts.

It is then when he turns back to Daey, looking at the red-eyed male for a second before speaking again. ”I would gladly show you around, it will be my pleasure even. The Tundra has a lot to offer, for those who want to see it.” The formerly blind man pauses or a second, smiling softly at the others gathered, before continuing. ”If it’s the life of a warrior that you seek, there is plenty of room to develop yourself and your skill in that caste in the Tundra.”

As the conversation between Daey, Padma and Kimber continues the gray man takes a step back, listening to them and the things they have to tell about their homes. If only a represent of the Valley would’ve been there, all the four kingdoms his king was interested in would’ve gathered, but Brynmor is glad there isn’t. His change at a successful recruitment would be even less than it already was right now. ”The Tundra’s gates are always open for those who want to visit. And I think the other kingdom’s won’t be any different. So it’s for you to decide who’s home you want to visit first?”

OOC: I sort of wrote this in a hurry, please forgive me if I missed something or interpret things wrongly <3
    Kimber does not hesitate to carry on with small talk any longer than she absolutely has to, she gives a curt nod to the Tundra stallion and eyes the Gates mare. "Daey, it would be such a pleasure to give you a tour," the infectious smile creeping forward, "Call for me when you reach the Chamber," and with that she takes her leave.

The polite thing would be to lead the way, however, she assumes he doesn't need his hand held - or does he?
    Kimber
    you can't love a cold-blooded woman

very very short, but i'll see you in the chamber! I'll do an any/daey post there. Smile