• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

A New life, The old me [Nymph]
    FORGIVENESS IS A CONCERN FOR THE LIVING.

Arthas has been traveling alone for some time. His father had finally kicked him out of his herd, alone for at least a year. The stallion found himself in an empty field, covered in snow, although winter was here it was almost spring as the snow was damp and melting faster than it could drop. The dapple gray stallion looked around, he was a cocky horse looking for a job. He wanted to earn his position in a herd, he wanted the others to fear him and a friend to understand the desire to be better. He gave a snort from the multiple scents of horses from all around. Most were stale, and it was hard to tell if there was a fresh smell mixed in all these others.

Arthas was looking around keenly, he continued walking in the field until he found the heart of it, a big empty circle. It seemed as though this stallion had found a dead end again, these lands seemed full of life but none around at this time.

ARTHAS

@[nymphetamine]

He had been here often, the field was where he met Magnus, and then entered into a self-given spy mission that almost had him in killed by the last ruler of Chamber. He had met Killdare, not a far way from here to be recruited to Chamber for said spy mission.  So much has changed since then, he no longer was a spy... or at least, in the manner, he was before. He now felt the Chamber made him better, gave him a purpose, whereas before he thought those who lived in Chamber were somehow villainous amoral creatures.  He knew better now, as much had changed and he knew more now.  So when he entered the field, the red hued bay knew what to look for. He knew what type of horse the Chamber needed.

Nymphetamine wasn't a large horse, he wasn't built, and muscled like a warrior. He was built more like a swimmer. lean and thin, many actually called him lanky. He had long legs and a fine featured body due to his Arabian lines. He was made of two great desert racers and it definitely showed.  Across the way, he saw another stallion, obviously a little out of place, but trying to show his worth with a strong stance. It wasn't often he recruited stallions from the field, but that didn't mean there weren't great stallions around. The necromancer moved to the other stallion, not too boldly, but he wanted to show confidence and make the other want to follow him.   Once he was by the stallion he called to him, his voice a crisp baritone.  "What brings you to the field today? Couldn't be the weather., unless you like to punish yourself with the bitter wind"  The corner of his lips turn up, it wouldn't be a conversation with Nymphetamine if there wasn't some sarcasm thrown in.

SIX FEET DEEP IS THE INCISION, SUNSETTER

Nymphetamine

[Image: nymphetamine_zpsmlx48otf.gif]

Arthas found himself ready to continue as this field was empty and lifeless. He gave a sigh, his pelt had a dusting of snow now melting on him. He gave a snort of annoyance to the snow and shook his body off relieving him of the snow. The next thing he knew a stallion of decent size and thin build was standing next to him, cracking jokes! Arthas could appreciate the humor this stallion offered, Arthas was a sarcastic asshole himself and enjoyed those who could understand the difference. "Ahh, well it is certainly not to punish myself" the stag laughed, his head was held high, but he didnt feel a need to make himself look bigger, this stag before him showed no intent to fight. "Ive been traveling in search of other equines, happen to know any?" he cocked his head hopeful that he wasnt also a loner.

Arthas was banished from his last herd, his original home. His father had ridded him of the herd as he was not the first born, and had no value to the father. He would always hold a grudge against his father and his eldest brother for kicking him out of the only home he knew. He very well could be thankful later on in life, as perhaps this push would make him a better horse. His brother was just so ungrateful, he did not know how to be a king, he was a moron! He would let any horse enter the kingdom because they asked politely. Arthas knew that not every horse meant well, he at least knew how to sparr and protect another. His brother was protected by his father since the day he was born, he never had to fight, he could never defend the herd when there father left. 

ARTHAS

Winter was not the conjurer's season, his desert lines gave him thin skin and his coat never seemed to be enough.  The trip to the Tundra was a nice jump start to his fluffy coat, but not enough. So the brisk wind chilled him greatly and he shivered.  He watched the stallion closely not nervous by any means, but steady, ready to move away if need be. Though the spark that lit the stallion's eyes when he processed his jest told him there was no threat...or, at least, immediate threat.  The chilled are whisked the dappled grey's chuckle away and his words were hard to make out through the wind, but he thought he heard a return in jest.  Nymphetamine shook the settled snow from his sides and tossed the snow from him mane with a shake. His demeanour said indifference-- but it was just part of the ruse. "Yeah, I might know a few." He threw a sideways glance to the brute. He found that sarcasm was a fabulous test of character, it may not be conventional but it worked for him. "How many are you looking for? Anything particular you want in your home-sweet-home?"

The wind was too much for him, so he moved off towards the over of trees, he looked back at the brute and tossed his head in a "let's go" gesture. He figured the boy would come. There was no one else in the field right now and it was cold with the wind blowing so freely. He moved into the trees, and immediately took comfort in their insulated shelter. A deep sigh gave his relief away, though it would be no surprise that he was cold. Nymphetamine watched his breath dance through the air until it dissapated completely.  He eyed the young stallion, so far he was a nice enough fellow, but he was curious if he was a fit for Chamber, he needed to know more. "Tell me about yourself, what brought you here, yadda-yadda, you know... oh yeah I'm Nymphetamine, you got a name?  Or should I just call you Kidd?" It probably wouldn't matter now, he would most likely call him Kidd from now on, just like Killdare will always be Oldman, or a snarky-toned ' my Lord.'  It was just part of him, everyone needed a good nickname.

Nymphetamine

in my heart, that barless prison
    discolours all with tunnel vision

ooc: sorry it's short, but figured we could fast post this way.  that work?

Arthas watched as the horse removed the snow from his body, his petite size must not offer much warmth. Arthas was not as big as a draft, but also not as petite as this arabian was. He had enough warmth to stand out in the cold for a night and not freeze to death, although being outside in the freezing weather was not high on his desires list. He gave a snort of annoyance as this stallion asked Arthas if he wanted a 'home sweet home' who does this horse think he is?he thought to himself, amazed a stallion would ask such a question to a random stag. For all he knew, Arthas could lunge and reach for his throat at any moment. Instead the andalusian took in a deep breath "I wouldnt have worded it like that, but yes I am looking for a herd" he spoke softly, slightly snarky. 

As he finished speaking the stag had turned around and began walking off heading for the shelter of the trees. Arthas cocked his head, but relaxed as the stallion gestured for him to follow. Arthas gave a shrug and did as asked, followed the stag. Now offered warmth from the trees the two stags faced each other, he spoke his name Nymphetamie, what a weird name, a mouthful. I mean Arthas didnt have a common name, but not as odd as him. "Its Arthas, not Kidd" the stag snorted quickly correcting the other. "There is not much to say, I grew to old and was kicked out of my herd. I am now looking for another" the stag glanced not caring to share his life story with this stranger. "You? whats your herd like?" curious to the future life he could hold.

ARTHAS

OOC: yea of course, not problem!

The tree cover helped warmed him, and boy was he happy for it. The day was still young and he didn't feel like going to find Killdare to ask for a personal magma-sauna. Nymph listened to the other stallion, his annoyed tone didn't phase him, everyone had a breaking point and as a diplomat, he need to know that those he brought into Chamber would be tolerant, open-minded and mind themselves even when things were not perfect. When the kingdom was in a process of rebirth the foundational members matter, who is brought in mattered too. He cocked his head and looked closely at the stallion, sizing up his character."Was just a joke. I don't even call my King by his true name, I doubt I would do differently for you." He snorted the issue aside as the frosty air took his breath. There would be plenty of things Arthas could get upset over, a nickname was not among the list the necromancer would accept. "I don't have a herd, but I live in a Kingdom, the Chamber actually. We are starting over, so to speak, we are a mixed sort but are loyal, strong and skilled. There are a lot of opportunities to grow in Chamber and we are looking for others who can match the potential Chamber offers. Interested?"

The reddish stallion wouldn't waste any time allowing small moments of conflict to simmer. He knew better than that. If Arthas was able to move forward, then Nymph was sure he would make a fantastic addition to Chamber's motley crew. "Because if you are, I am sure were is room on our ranks for a kid like you. I'm sure you'll find a place among the others in Chamber just fine." He dipped his head to the other stallion putting the ball in his court. Nothing else could really be decided on from the field, anyway. Arthas would have to decide to take a leap of faith and give Chamber a try, or he could go back to the field and wait in the cold.

Nymphetamine

in my heart, that barless prison
    discolours all with tunnel vision

ooc: that was the longest short post, ever. I have no clue why it took me so long. :\

Arthas was emotionless as he listened to the stallion talk, he must have sensed Arthas' dislike towards being called Kidd. He corrected himself without actually apologizing. That was the most Arthas has ever received and relaxed his body once more. Perhaps he was on edge because of this new life, he has never been away from his own herd. He listened to the stag talk about a kingdom, he never knew such a life existed. They were 'starting over' which could be beneficial in becoming something important in the kingdom. Why did they refer to there kingdom as the chambers? sounds like a jail cell to him.

Arthas looked around the empty field, his body was warmer than being out in the snow but was curious to the life the chambers had to offer. If he didn't like it, he could just leave. He overviewed the stallion once again contemplating his choice of words, he flicked his tail with impatience "Alright, I will come to your kingdom....rug rat" should this stallion refer to him as kidd, he would be forced to find a nickname for him. He gave a small grin pleased with himself awaiting the stallion to show him to the chambers.

ARTHAS

OOC: last sentence definitely sounded like you were bringing me to the bedroom Wink
    ooc: i'll post in chamber, under killdare's [Any] thread so you..erm Arthas... can get acquainted to Killdare Big Grin