• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Searching For Kingdoms (any)
           It's too chilly, the mare thinks while standing in the center of the breezy field. She doesn't graze, she just lifts her head and let's the wind tangle her black mane. Her golden eyes scan the other horses, however she isn't afraid of the stallions that roam. She's not brave, she's just grown careless. 
           Her name was Hena, and it was either a herd or a kingdom she was searching for. Preferably a kingdom but she was in no position to turn down any offer. It was her first time in Beqanna but she had heard many things about the land and what it had to offer. The lady was hoping to find a home of her own, although she was never very good at socilizing. 
           She shakes her coconut colored body and paws the ground with her hooves. Her ears push forward and she become content in her own thoughts. I feel so useless, standing around, waiting for someone to come by.... 
           The mare, although trying to act confident, begins to feel her stomach churning. Hena is uncomfortable with the thought of another horse coming near her. She reflects on the days of her friends she used to play with as a filly. 
          Don't think about them! The brown lady orders herself.  She suddenly shacks her head and stands a bit straighter. 
    ASHARA

The golden vixen again took the short journey to the field, wanting to keep busy this season as to avoid the questions or suggestions of breeding. Jedi was a gentleman and she trusted him but the king made her uneasy. Perhaps she’d grow fond of him in time as well but she had avoided male intimacy for 7 years and planned to keep it that way. She much preferred the company of mares although that secret was well kept. The kingdom was growing, everyone was putting 100% into their roles and she was no different. Being away from the security of home, every sense was on edge, ready to defend her body if needed, flaxen tail clamped down tightly. Her amber pools see a lone vixen, a bay. And her pace quickens, eager to be the first to approach. Nearing head on, her pace slows and her golden crown dips in respect. It was just one year ago Ashara was in this mares position, she had grown tired of years of solitude and struggling against harsh winters and predators. It seemed so far away now. She had grown in confidence since that day, content and even put on a few extra pounds on her ribs. Remembering that day in the field and how overwhelming it was, she smiled warmly to the bay. “Hello Miss, I’m Ashara of the Falls. Her tone smooth and welcoming. “What brings you here today?” It was a formality to ask. The Palomino intently waiting for a reply. Her auricles scanning for the threat of an approach. Would be all to convenient if this mare decided to join her and they could both make it back to the security of home sooner rather than later.

If you're ever gonna find a silver lining
    It's gotta be a cloudy day
          Hena saw the golden horse near her out of the corner of her eye. Although the other mare had a kind air to her presence, Hena couldn't be totally comfortable. If it weren't for her isolation of others, perhaps she would have gained the skill of making friends. 
          She clears her throat and responds, "I'm Hena, and I actually came here looking for a herd, or a kingdom. I'm not very particular, I just need a place to stay, really."
          For some reason the fact that she didn't have a herd embarrassed her, but she tried to seem confident in herself. However there were many questions she had about the kingdoms, so she asked, "What are the Falls?"
    ASHARA

Her smile broadened at the others request. She herself had not known about the kingdoms when she first arrived but has grown to loyally love it. She had a place to call home, the security of protection, and a job, what more could one want? I suppose some women preferred love although that was possible in a kingdom too. After all, Kreios had bed a woman he claimed before they even made it to the falls. So barbaric.
    “Lovely to meet you Hena.” Her amber pools scanned the topography, not letting her guard down, before returning to the bay. “The Falls is a neutral kingdom. We are growing quickly with other mares I’m sure you’d enjoy to keep company with as well as several young babes. Our namesake has healing properties that can heal any ailment. You are more than welcome to join us. You can stay as a resident; you will be well looked after or if you prefer you can participate in our caste system. The two sides consist of diplomats, like myself, or warriors. Each come with their own set of responsibilities.” The queen would be so pleased to have another down to earth femme around. Ashara nodded her head in reassurance.  

If you're ever gonna find a silver lining
    It's gotta be a cloudy day