• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

rise and rise again [ANY]
    rise and rise again until lambs become lions
    Laughter floods her ears, changing Issa’s concerned expression to one of surprise. Her worry lines slowly smooth and her baby face takes on a less troubled appearance. Giggles are quick to fill the air, Hearfire rolling with amusement and voicing it just as freely. Issa was sure it would be funny to walk around with no hair but she had not expected the girl to laugh at her. She was going to be bald, this was no laughing matter, this was an emergency.

When words of protest reach her black mouth explanation finds her ears and seals her lips shut. She was a horse, she was not a caterpillar. Well then, suppose that does makes sense but just in case Issa would be very careful when bathing. Too much scrubbing was sure to prove differently and she had not before considered the embarrassment walking around naked would bring. Not before now.

“I would be bald. I’d be naked, what if someone saw me? What if Rhonan found me like that.” That would be downright terrible. She was sure her stand-in family would not be very taken with her if she arrived home hairless. Come to think of it, she wasn’t sure she would have any friends at all if she were bald, that was a very sad thought.

With little more than a blink of an eye something takes her sight, images flash before her and she suddenly feels ill. What happened? Was she having some sort of day dream? Girls had those she heard, small lapses of time when your head went all fuzzy and pictures floated before you. The churning in her stomach was enough to make her unsure and the excited praise from her new friend only solidified that trail of thought. With a queasy look she groans, shaking her head in disagreement.

“No it isn’t brilliant at all. I don’t feel so good, what did you do?” Each intake of breath slowly settled her but the threat of bile still lingered. Flickers of bright fire danced along her chest and stomach to match each flip and flop she was feeling on the inside.
    Issa
    Phoenix shifting daughter of Flamevein and Bitch

Messages In This Thread
    rise and rise again [ANY] - by Issa - 03-12-2016, 11:57 AM
    RE: rise and rise again [ANY] - by Heartfire - 03-24-2016, 02:06 PM
    RE: rise and rise again [ANY] - by Issa - 03-26-2016, 08:55 AM
    RE: rise and rise again [ANY] - by Heartfire - 03-26-2016, 09:45 PM
    RE: rise and rise again [ANY] - by Issa - 03-27-2016, 08:53 AM
    RE: rise and rise again [ANY] - by Heartfire - 03-30-2016, 01:02 PM
    RE: rise and rise again [ANY] - by Issa - 04-05-2016, 08:55 AM
    RE: rise and rise again [ANY] - by Heartfire - 04-09-2016, 01:12 PM
    RE: rise and rise again [ANY] - by Issa - 04-25-2016, 10:18 AM