• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'm an ugly mess; Raincloud
    It takes some time to reach the Mountain, but finally they arrive. Zayn steps over the territory's border with a smile on his face, enjoying the fact that the little herd land is finally beginning to feel like home. Not too long ago it had been completely empty, but now he's already adding a second mare to his little herd.

Speaking of which ... he turns to look at Raincloud, eyes pausing on the mares face to gauge her reaction to the place. "Well, what do you think?" Not that he cares about her opinion overly much. It's her home now, whether she likes it or not.

@[Raincloud]
    "It's beautiful." Said Raincloud. Indeed it was. It was rocky, dangerous, and beautiful. And in her dark core, she loved it.
    She compliments the territory and he smiles, pleased. As well she should compliment it - it is the perfect place. How could it not be, considering his father had chosen it? His head turns to look back out across the little territory, still smiling. It is a forbidding place - not for the faint of heart - but it's home.

He looks back at Raincloud, red eyes passing briefly over her roaned belly. Hopefully, come spring, she will give him a child to further his line. He's had quite the good season this year - three mares added to his herd, and possibly two foals one the way.

But, that's months away. He might as well let her get settled in the meantime. "We have some caves that serve well as sleeping places and shelter. Would you like to take a look?" He takes a few steps forward, intending her to follow. "Oh, and to warn you, there are two other mares living in my herd. But there's no need to worry about them. They are ... weak." Well, Liselle has a little spirit to her, that he likes, but Becca is downright pathetic. Serves her right, damn Gates member.
    "Ohh....." purred Raincloud, smiling. "I understand the other mares might need a......... stronger mare." She smiled craftily.
    She actually seems pleased to learn of the weakness of his other mares. If he'd had eyebrows, he would have cocked one at her. As it is, his eyes simply widen slightly. "I suppose they might." He's curious now. What exactly is she getting at? "Why ... did you have something in mind?"
    "Maaaybe..." Raincloud said smoothly. She glanced at her now-swollen belly. She knew her time would come soon. "Now, Zayn dear, would you please show me to my cave?"
    Her answer is decidedly unhelpful, and he can't help but feel irritated. While he has no issue with the others in his herd being shown their place, he would rather like to know if she plans on starting trouble in his herd. But now is not the time to grill her on it. He wants her healthy so that his child will be healthy. When she's better rested he can ask her again.

"Why yes of course." He steps in the direction of the caves, going slowly so as to give her time to pick through the stones. He takes her to one that is a little ways away from Becca's, hoping that the distance will prevent any untimely fights while they are both still pregnant. Once she has joined him at the mouth of the cave he steps in, then turns to look at her. "Will this do?"