• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

would you spend your whole life with me; Texas/any

would you spend your whole life with me,

She goes straight for the water – it’s like a homing beacon, a guiding star, a guardian angel. And even when she wanders, it will always call her home. It does that, to family. So even though she arrives in the dark of night, the buckskin girl makes a beeline for the waterfall, wading into the clear waters and admiring the way the moonlight bounces off of the ripples she creates. And even though she is not injured, and she’s been away, the cool embrace of the water is soothing enough to draw a deep sigh from buckskin girl.

Nairne is the only one to have returned to the Falls. Her parents are away – together, she supposes, or at least they were the last time she saw them, before Natilyn brought her back to Beqanna. And the boys must be nearly grown themselves now, and making their own ways in the world. They’d been born here, that legacy at least Natilyn had wanted to give them – but they weren’t raised in the Falls like Nairne. And though it has been many years since she lived here, since her mother was Queen, it still fits like a glove.

She’s heard the rumors. War is on the horizon. And so it seemed as good a time as any to return home. And the older rumors – magic has changed in Beqanna, and the Kingdoms are no longer divided by what is and what isn’t. And the Falls crown has changed hands again – though if her history is correct (she knows it is) it isn’t the first time Texas has ruled the waterfall Kingdom. And Texas is her…great great great great grandfather. Which makes him, in Nairne’s opinion, well, old. But also family – which makes the return to the Falls without her family a little less hollow.

would you be there to always hold me down?

Nairne

mikhael x natilyn

html base by the lovely kyra | image and modifications by devin

There was war on the horizon and thankfully the Falls had been spared so far of any physical involvement. The salmon and brass woman says a silent prayer in thanks every day that passes that the Falls stays quiet. The birth her little daughter has given her a fierceness deep in her breast that she has never known before. Her mate, Mandan, helped give her the strength in which at times she needed during these long days.

As of late, many old faces and scents had vanished. Presently all the young mare knew to reside in the land of waters was that of herself, Mandan, their daughter Josselyn. Farren and of course Texas. So it is only natural that when the sounds of thrashed water reaches the woman's ears that she should find out whom is doing said thrashing. As coral pointed limbs move soundlessly over through long summer flowers, she briefly wonders if it is the old-new mare Tyrna? Former Queen that Ygritte had never seen before Texas took over the rule but her speculation is cut short to see an unfamiliar face currently enjoying herself in the waters.

A buckskin, not much taller than herself, was deep in the pool that ends the waterfall's descent. Now Texas had mentioned something as extending the healing liquid to either side of the war but this woman did not appear to actually be injured...just enjoying the therapeutic qualities. Limbs begin again to draw the mare closer to the strange equine. "Hello there, enjoying the waters I see." Her tones are soft, a small smile touching her lips as she greets the other but still maintaining a good distance from the shoreline. In the approaching clash of equus, one must be careful, especially when they had a lot to lose.

ygritte
    texas&nativity

The other girl’s approach is hidden by the sound of pounding water, usually a background noise to Falls residents but Nairne has been away long enough for the din of water-on-water to be almost deafening, and certainly distracting. Still the voice carries where the footsteps did not and the mare’s head snaps up, brown eyes focusing on the shoreline. Another mare stands there, brown fading to an orange-pink color on the edges, and her coloring might startle another traveler. But Nairne was raised by a woman who changed colors on a whim – leaving her rather less susceptible to surprise in that capacity.

Nairne turns with a smile, and a slight tilt of her head, noticing that the stranger hadn’t come quite as close as maybe she would expect. Well – she can’t blame her. She doesn’t consider herself particularly threatening, at least not in appearance, but in today’s Beqanna, threats aren’t always the type of things you can see. And it’s the middle of the night – she’s probably woken the other mare with her splashing, and on the eve of the rumored war, one can’t be too careful. “I always do,” she says lightly, wading towards dry land once more, but stopping short of invading the other’s space – she doesn’t want to put the stranger any more on edge. “I would have to say it’s near the top of my list of reasons for coming home,” Nairne adds, hoping that she will put the mare further at ease by admitting that she is not really a stranger to the Falls.

“I’m Nairne,” she smiles again, giving a fond look over her shoulder at the waterfall before taking the final few steps out of the pool of water, coming to a halt a few steps away. But it doesn’t do to linger there – after all, she has returned home. She can seek the waters at any time. Already she feels a connection to it, the draw of the healing powers. Not as strong as before she left, not yet, but she is confident she’ll get it back. “I was born and raised in the Falls. I’ve been away, but it’s good to be home.”

Nairne

mikhael x natilyn

The buckskin woman is right with her introductions and to explain further her ties to the Falls This visibly relaxes the salmon pointed mare and her usual easy smile paints her lips. Her apprehensiveness melts away and she closes the gap between them to a more friendly distance. "Welcome back Nairne. Forgive my initial chilliness." A small chuckle fills in the space after her words as honey hued pools drop away before lifting back to the tawny mare.

"As you may know, turmoil is simmering in Beqanna-" The edge her lips turn slightly in a frown when her thoughts grace this topic. "But it is good to see another face here. Lately the numbers have dipped a bit but that is ok. I'm glad you've returned." She gives a small enthusiastic nod before a look of surprise crosses her features. "I'm Ygritte by the way and those set of ears behind us-" Ygritte looks in the direction of tall grasses. "Would be my little one, Josselyn." Her voice and features soften when the little bay girl pokes her tiny head up at the sound of her name before promptly laying over and rolling in the grass and dirt, much to Ygritte's soft clicking tongue of disapproval. The young mother was still learning about her little filly.

ygritte
    texas&nativity

sorry its poopy post, I hope nairne is going to stay!

The feeling of home has begun to settle deep in her bones, and she can’t help but let her eyes wander as the other mare talks. She offers a name, which Nairne commits to memory, and touches ever so briefly on the unrest that the buckskin mare has already determined exists in Beqanna. “The children of the Falls always come home,” she murmurs the words almost unaware; they are words that her mother would have said, her grandmother; but they ring true. They always ring true. The King is an example of that as much as Nairne.

But she shouldn’t act as if she has been living under a rock her entire life. She was raised with manners (she was raised a princess). “Nice to meet you, Ygritte. And Josselyn. A lot has changed here since I lived here. A lot has changed in Beqanna.” Nairne smiles at the ears, and the little person attached to them. She has no children of her own, not yet, but she has younger siblings. Her family did not return to the Falls with her (she isn’t honestly sure if Natilyn and Mikhael will ever settled anywhere) but she was with the family for a good deal of the twin’s childhood, and later (when she is alone) she will admit to how much she misses Rhonen and Aubri.

Pushing those thoughts away for later, when she is alone, the mare glances over to make sure that the filly has not approached before carefully choosing her next words. “Does the Falls have a stake in this brewing conflict? I have only heard the vaguest of rumors while I was on my way here.” It won’t change her mind – she is home to stay – but she needs to know what she is getting herself into. Will she have arrived home just to lay down her life for her Kingdom?

Nairne

mikhael x natilyn

ooc; sorry for the delay :(

A smile touches her lips and she relaxes as the buckskin seems to harbor only honest intentions. The sound of her daughter's name on Nairne's tongue makes her smile grow even more so.

Her happy, spirited daughter grows bored at the adult's company and chooses rather to chase after bugs and chew on long grasses than stay a moment longer.

Ygritte follows the little bay rump for a moment before responding to the mare's inquiry. "As of now, we side with either kingdom. We do offer our waters for both sides, a neutral healing ground." She hesitates as the words remain between them. "I believe this is the best stance for use now. We are a growing kingdom lately but things are slightly stagnant..." The salmon pointed mare tried always to recruit new equines but they only seemed to last a few months then disappear. It was harder each day to raise their numbers on her own...

But she would not give up. "I'm glad you have made your way here Nairne. It's nice to talk to someone other than a six month old every day." A peal of laughter bubbles forth as Ygritte tosses her head a bit for Joss' conversations consisted of being hungry and asking 'why' after every statement Ygritte makes.

ygritte
    texas&nativity

((I'm so so so sorry this took so long))