• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart; fynn
    sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart
    Ugh she is tired.  

The little golden falabella leans heavily against a tree at the side of the field, breathing a sigh of relief.  It’s been a long few days of walking, but she’s finally here.  

Her brown eyes scan the field with interest, taking in the many stallions and mares already gathered.  The first thing she notices of course, is the heights.  Compared to these horses, she’s practically an ant - barely visible amongst the giants.  

The second thing she notices are the colours.  The stallion she’d … ahem … run into … had mentioned that there were others here with colours like his, but she hadn’t expected this kind of diversity.  And the traits!  Not as common as the odd colours, but here and there, sprinkled through out the crowd she can see a few horns, and a pair of wings!  How exciting!

Now smiling, she stands up straight and takes a few steps away from the tree.  She’s tired yes, but why is she resting?  There’s a whole new land her for her to explore, full of new horses to meet!  There’s no time to wait!

She waddles forward into the crowd, taking care to watch out for horses not watching where they’re going.  She’s small enough that she could get stepped on by mistake!

Everyone seems quite busy in conversation at the moment, so she doesn’t interrupt anyone, not wanting to be rude.  Hopefully someone else will be along soon though!  She’s eager to learn more about Beqanna!
    ducky
    pic c juliadavis.deviantart.com

Bah, first post as her.

@[Fynnegan]
    sorry no HTML, at work. and attempting to post while kids watch Bill Nye (god I love teacher science) (i still love BN)

♦ Fynnegan ♦

I find it funny. I wandered these lands with Weir, and never saw another like me. I then searched all over when Weir disappeared and I couldn't find him anywhere I walked this place by myself searching and only ever saw little foals my size. Now I have these lands, and I want if full of others, tall- short- young-old, i just want it full of others who enjoy the space as much as I do. There is a peculiar thing happening, I have seen so many more like me. I am not sure why it has happened but it has, and I can't say I mind. There is much to do with growing my heard and I feels a little short handed in time, but once I have some member's I'll feel better. I can stop then, 

I move back to the meadow, I had just taken Esileif, my alpha mare, back to Echo trail and the growing heat of summer was wearing me out. I consider myself fit, my black pelt isn't insulated by fat; for my kind I am slim and fit. However, this would be the 3rd or 4th trip between the field and my lands and let me tell you that that is a lot of land to cover with little legs like mine.  But I can't stop yet, with only Esileif 100% sure as a member and Jaxxie and Silki still deciding, I couldn't afford to stop yet.  I exhale as I enter the field. It is warm, the grasses are still green, but some show the yellowing for being burnt by the sun. There are horses everywhere under the blue skies. I wandered among them looking for a lone mare, or a conversation that looks fresh that I could join.    

After a bit I see a small palomino that was not far from the treeline. See, I told you others like me were appearing more and more everyday. It is like they know there is a place for them. Ok, ok, I know that is self congratulating logic, but I like the thought. I make my way to the lass, she is a little shorter than I am and I am happy that I get to be the taller of the two of us. Not to mention it makes me feel manly- some internal inherent need or want, I couldn't really put logic to. I stopped a small distance off, since i believe myself a stallion of manners and some propriety. I dip my head in greeting, and take in the small mare. Tan and flaxen, she is pretty,though older than he. I find the more I see little ones like myself, the less interested I am in full sized ones. They are fine, sure, but we are very different- just saying. "Hello, I am Fynnegan, but most call me Fynn. What bring you to the field today?"

» death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily «

Much to her surprise, it doesn’t take someone long to approach her. As small and plain as she is (especially when compared to the bright and colourful creatures moving about the meadow!), she hadn’t been expecting any horses to approach for a while.

Her little head pops up at the sound of the approaching hooves, and her eyes widen in excitement when she sees who it is. It’s a stallion … that’s her size! Her golden face lights up in interest and a wide, easy smile instantly plasters itself on her face! She’d never expected to meet someone so close to her own size here!

“Hello Fynn! I’m Ducky! An odd name I know, but it’s the only one I’ve got!” Her brown eyes unintentionally pass over his body and she’s momentarily stuck by the thought that he’s rather handsome. Her eyes widen and swing back to his face. This is so not the time for thoughts like that.

“Er well, to be completely honest I’m looking for a home. I’m new to Beqanna and unfortunately I don’t know much about it.” What little she does know, she’s gleaned from two stallions that she’d briefly met outside of Beqanna. And … uh, they hadn’t really been focused on chatting much. But, hopefully Fynn can help her with one, or even both of those problems!

She can’t help but eye him up again, once again taking note of his height. He’s a bit taller than her, but he really is remarkably similar in size. “Um, I hope you don’t mind me asking, but … are there many other horses our size here?”
    ducky
    The little palamino is bright and...well sunny. I guess that is an appropriate word for the tan-yellow mare. She is friendly and open, and I find I am instantly intrigued, for more than her size. I won't lie that my ego is inflated slightly by he lingering eyes. I try hard to mask my pleasure in the attention, but my chest might have puffed out a little. Look, I'm almost 7, and attention from ladies as more than a leader, is well...it's nice. I may be small but I'm still a stallion, a stallion indeed.

I dip my head as she spoke her name, a smile alight my eyes as her name was fitting. Indeed she was new, there were no smells of familiar lands upon her coat. This also pleases me, as mares without kingdom affiliations are usually easy to sway my way. Recruiting to a herd is a bit of a dance, and I am finding I enjoy the interactions no matter which way they go." Beqanna is quite the place. I found it a little overwhelming at first too. There are many different lands, full of all kinds of folks. The kingdoms full of magic and large groups. Then there are the herds, smaller groups, but none less dynamic. It all depends on what you want in a herd or Kingdom! I am partial to my group, of course-of course. What are you looking for in a home?"

I feel her eyes on me, and I allow my eyes to look over her. I can't help but feel attracted to her, more so than others I have recruited. I am not sure why, the attraction isn't strong enough (yet, I think in the back of my mind) to be anchored to any specific thing. Her final question brought me out of my lingered thoughts on my interest Ducky. I snapped my eyes back to her's awful quick, an embarrassment indeed being caught checking out a lass. Most stallions strut and own their forward and physical thoughts. They have no shame owning their physical interests and male intuitions. I guess i just don't see myself as such, I am a more reserved sort in those manors. I nod vigorously, to hide the fact my attention had been elsewhere a moment- though I doubt she'll be fooled. " ugh,Oh, uh... Yes. there are others like me, and you, I wouldn't have thought so a while ago, but I see them much more often now! It is quite fun! Do you want to live with those like you?""

ooc: at work no html
    She is both embarrassed and gratified to notice the stallion’s own eyes lingering on her own body. She’s never thought of herself as the most attractive mare - not ugly, just not particularly pretty - and it’s nice to be receiving that little bit of attention in return. She suddenly finds herself standing just a little straighter, and flipping her pale mane to catch the light. Oh lord what on earth is she doing?! 

Covering her sudden embarrassment, she dips her head as he launches into a description of Beqanna. “Oh my, it all sounds so big and complicated.” A bit much for a tiny little mare like herself - she’d get lost in all the kerfuffle. And magic?! It sounds all a little over her head.

He mentions herds then, and her ears perk slightly. There were herds back home, and Fynn says that the ones here are smaller than the kingdoms - surely that would be a better place for her to start? A much better way to ease herself into a new land. “Maybe a herd then. I think a Kingdom would simply be far too much for me.” Not to mention the fact that they’re probably full of all the larger horses that she can see about the field. That would be more than a little intimidating. 

Finally he moves on to her question, and her brown eyes light up at his answer. There are more small horses here?! “I think I would like that. It would be a bit comforting, to be around more horses my size.” She certainly misses being surrounded by horses closer to her own size.
    ducky