• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

At the end of the day, it isn’t where I came from - Any
    At the end of the day, it isn’t where I came from.

With the Jungle’s heath she had soon shed her fuzzy foal coat for one much more smooth and way thinner. The air was tense, humid, and the temperature was incredibly high. And that was exactly why the newborn girl found it comfortable, as it was quite comparable to her mother’s womb. Speaking about her, the bay filly had lost sight of the chestnut mare, as she had ventured away from her mother’s side while she happily chased a small jungle creature.

It’s after a while that the bay filly loses interest, her stomach growling and fatigue setting in, and she turns around to go just go back in the direction she came from. But once Haru turns around she notices that the small trail that she had followed is gone. Stumbling backwards she loses balance, side stepping a few times in a weak attempt to keep herself up. Haru whinnies, shrill and high, like a child’s desperate call for her mother.

Tears are appearing in her eyes, threatening to roll down her cheeks, as she panics. She doesn’t understand how it’s possible that the way she had just taken had changed, and most of all there is this desperate, natural instinct to be at her mother’s side. Haru lifts her dished head in the air to call out again, before she pushes forward in approximately the way she had just come from, pushing herself through the dense forest plants.

Maybe home is somewhere I’m going and never have been before.

@[Kortnee]
    Not sure if you want to post Sunday and Haru together or not ^^
    believe in what you can not see
    Summer in the jungle, a beautiful vast rain forest full of life and color. There is nothing more beautiful, though...when one can not see their surroundings it is hard to enjoy that beauty. Nerissa is still a wobbly young lass, her dark dappled baby fluff still clinging to her skin. Glassy eyes staring blankly into nothingness, the world was black. For her it was hard to get used to this place, so many trees to run into and many other dangerous things. This was no place for a lone foal, let alone a blind one. But her big sister Naga obviously had some kingdom duties to tend to, so why not go for a little adventure!?

Little peg legs kick into the air, her little black body bobbling about.  Though out of the blue while landing after a seemingly (to her) large jump through the air, something flashed before her eyes as her small pinkish hooves struck the soft jungle ground. Light, color.....TREES. She had never seen anything other than total darkness before now. She is startled, she begins to panic, but every frightened step she takes another flash of vision unfolds before her.

"Wh...what is wrong with me?! Am I dying??? WHAT IS HAPPENING!!

After a good ten minutes of freaking the hell out, our silver tuft mane and tailed girl calms down. She takes a deep breath in, and lets it out slowly, letting her body relax further. Now after her initial fear, she is interested....

She stomps her foot.

VISION

"wow....I.....I can see....

Nerissa squealed with delight, vision!!! What a day, what an amazing day. She smiles and laughs, continuing her bounding and skipping. Though a sound soon catches her small pointed ears...a cry. She frowns, wondering where it was coming from. She realizes the crying out is continuing, and that meant only one thing. Nerissa was going to help.

She stomps her feet every once in a while, now being able to dodge the trees, to see if she can see whom the cry belonged to. Not too many steps further, Nerissa's quick flash of vision revealed a frantic filly heading her way. She stops abruptly and calls out to her with a comforting (yet high pitched) whinny. Seeing this filly so upset concerns her, she tries to console her.

"Hello? Why are you crying? Do you need help?"

Her glassed over eyes stare blankly in the filly's direction, Nerissa takes a quick stomp again to get a better look at her. She SEES (she can't get over the fact that she can do this) the filly is a rich bay color with soft brown eyes, though she could notice they were full of tears. She feels for her.

"My name is Nerissa by the way. What's yours? Would you like me to lead you back to the kingdom?"

She doesn't realize how silly that must sound to the filly before her. She must be thinking "how in the world will this blind girl show me the way back?", but Nerissa has her way now....never again will her world be full of darkness and loneliness.

Nerissa
    Atrox x Shadowmere

yael

Gaza seems to have an affinity for the Jungle’s women, and Yael has to admit that he could definitely do worse. Unfortunately, there had been so much to do around the Desert that she neglected to meet her newest grandchild in the way she met her previous ones. And she wouldn’t want the little girl to feel left out. Technically, she is invited to Van’s family soiree, but Yael opted to leave little Haru out of it, planning to ask her to visit when she’s a little older. A girl that young does not need to be traipsing all over B’kanna, just to follow some unknown voice.

The golden woman locates her granddaughter (and another daughter of the Jungle as well), perhaps finding them just in time. She weaves through the trees as a gust of golden wind and dust, materializing behind a large tree, where they can’t see her. When the winged, silver and gold mare steps out from behind the tree, she has a gentle smile on her face, and a peaceful, maternal bearing. They should not be afraid around her. “Xello girls,” she croons sweetly. “Do you need some xelp?”

Even if they didn’t, or someone else arrived (having heard Haru’s frustrated cry for her mother), Yael would like to spend a little time with the bay girl and her friend.

[style].sundaypic2{background-image:url("http://barbellsandbeakers.com/beqanna/witchflygif.gif");width:500px;height:500px;z-index:1;border:black solid 1px}.sundaytext2{z-index:2;width:400px;height:370px;position:relative;top:20px;overflow-y:auto;color:#ffffff;text-align:justify;font-family:times;background-color:#000000;opacity: 0.4;filter: alpha(opacity=40);padding:10px;}.sundayname2{z-index:3;position:relative;top:30px;color:#ffffff;font-size:25pt;font-family:times;letter-spacing:10px;}.sundayquote{z-index:7;position:relative:bottom:80px;color:#000000;font-family:times;font-size:8pt;}[/style]
    In the curious way of all children, Haru has wandered off.

It's not as though she could go far, not with a magician for a mother. Sunday need only to close her eyes and think - really, quietly, think - and the image of her daughter would appear within an instant. She'd done it once or twice to Loreley when the girl wandered off, before she realized her sightlessness was no more a burden than Sunday's invisibility had been as a child. Just another manifestation of an opportunity. Just another way for the cards to play out.

Still, she makes it a point to know where her children are...even when distracted. Distracted - that is, she's concentrating on making a flower grow. She's almost to the point where they grow without much thought, just an extension of herself. Growth. Think it and it shall become.

Distracted until she feels the rolling sensation of fear - close, yet far. She follows the magical trail to her daughter, another child, and another magician. Sunday knows it by the colors that roll off her in great waves. Magic. Royalty. She offers a smile to the group before nudging her daughter to announce her presence.

"Hello there, I am Sunday," she introduces to the group. "Thank you for helping my daughter."
    SUNDAY

never put your faith in a prince. when you require a miracle, trust in a witch

The panic and fear make her judgment and memory cloudy and together with her really young mind – after all, she is only a few days old – she is unable to take in any of her surroundings. So instead of moving closer towards her dam, little Haru drifts away further and further. ”Momma!” Her cry echo’s through the jungle forest, causing birds to fly up scared from their hiding spot on the ground near to her. The sudden surprise only scares her more and the bay girl pushes herself forward even faster, tripping across her own legs and obstacles in her way. A tear rolls down her cheek, soon followed by others.

She bumps into the other filly clumsily, only just able to prevent a major impact. Haru is panting, hard, but instantly finds comfort in the presence of another. That it is a child just like her doesn’t matter, not with the calming feeling Nerissa gives off. ”I can’t find momma” her voice is soft and weak, only a whisper and full of unshed tears. As Haru glances up at the other girl she doesn’t recognize the glassy eyes as those of a blind horse, she hasn’t yet experienced enough to understand such a thing. Therefor she doesn’t question the dark girl’s words. Instead she looks up with a hopeful glint in her eyes, as if she is begging the older girl to show her the way back to her mother. ”I’m Haru” she answers softly before frantically nodding her head. ”Do you know where momma is?”

When the beautiful gold and silver – and on top of that winged – mare appears she is still standing pressed closely against Nerissa. The panic that had already subsided a little is now completely gone as she is too stunned. Haru glances to the other filly for a second,  once again reminded of the little situation she finds herself in and the desperate yearning for her mother. Her eyes are once again filled with unshed tears, lips trembling. ”Momma’s gone…”

Her mother’s abilities are still unknown to her, just like the existence of any other gifts. The jungle’s magic is something natural to the bay girl, not knowing anything better than to feel it in the air with everything she does. If she had only known that Sunday would easily find her, but she doesn’t. So when she notices the arrival of the Jungle’s magican she detaches herself form Nerissa’s side to eagerly press herself against her mother. ”Momma!” she exclaims relieved, although still a little shaken. Haru’s cheeks aren’t safe from the tears that now spill from her eyes, the fear and panic finally releasing her from their grasp.

OOC: I guess it's a little too late to write..

yael

Yael has always had a great fondness for the Amazons. If something were to happen to the Desert - if it were to disappear into the God’s realm like Camrynn did - she would turn to the Jungle and make it her home. The heat is different, almost stifling even, but it has always felt like a different version of her favorite place.  Their women and compassionate and strong, and if her daughters were to decide they wanted to live there, Yael would be perfectly happy. Well, Kitra and Kabechet and Zilpah had minds of their own and go elsewhere, but Gaza seems to have inherited her same fondness.

He also seems to have impeccable taste in women; the spunky appaloosa, the gentle (even more so than her) witch. The child’s franticness is sad and adorable all at once. She extends her fluffy wings and strokes the child’s neck. “Eet vill be ok. Your mama ees…” she tilts her head, feeling for that ‘Momma’ sense. “Almost xere.” And then Sunday arrives and the two are reunited (she knows that feeling, even those it may seem impossible to get lost in the Desert). “Of course, Sunday.” she answers, looking at the other girl, and then back to the pair. “I ahm xer grandmozer - xer Savta. My name ees Yael.”

She isn’t sure how much Gaza speaks of her, if at all. But since she isn’t the woman’s mother, she must be her partner’s.  

While the tears are still rolling down her cheeks and she presses herself tightly against Sunday’s side, she cannot help but to look up at the gold and silver mare. Yael coat doesn’t only look fantastic – especially in the eyes of a small girl – but there is also something else that lures Haru to her. It’s not the strange accent, which sounds a little funny but is easy understandable, and also not the fact that the bay girl feels extremely comfortable around her. No. This Yael gives off the same vibe as her mother and it intrigues little Haru till no end.

Yael had been right too, predicting her mother’s arrival even before Haru noticed her herself. It made Haru wonder how the she had been able to do that, how it was possible for the gold and silver mare to know. But what sparked her curiosity the most was her introduction. The only real – blood related – family she knew of was her mother and next to that there were her mother’s ‘sisters’. And it was only logical that one was interested in their family, right? ”My Savta?” she repeats questioningly, the word rolling of her tongue in an unfamiliar way.

Her heads tilt a little to the side and although Haru is still hesitant to move away from her mother – even a small step felt like she was too far away – her eyes don’t leave the gold and silver mare. She’s curious to learn more about Yael, to hear her talk in her funny way and eager to hear what else she had to tell.
    HARU
    my mother is the heart that keeps me alive

yael

“Yes,”, Yael continues at Haru’s query. “Sav-tuh.” She says the word more slowly, breaking ti down into syllables. “Your fazer’s mozer.”

The golden woman isn’t sure if it’s her place to tell the little girl about Gaza - the black stallion that looks nothing like his mother - or if Sunday wanted the pleasure of that little reveal. Hell, for all she knows, Sunday wants to keep the girl in the dark about who her sire is - for whatever reason. Yael won’t dive into another magic-user’s mind without permission. However, Sunday also doesn’t seem to be stopping them, so Yael continues. “I leev een ze Desert vit your Grandfazer… xe ees ze Keeng.” She smiles gently. There is so much she wants to tell her grandchildren. So much beyond the world of B’kanna! Yael glances up at Sunday and rolls her shoulders in a shrug. “Eef your mozer says eet ees ok, you could veeseet sometime, yes?”

Yael had captured her attention and the bay girl’s wet eyes aren’t able to look away. Her expression shows her struggle as she tries to copy Yael’s strange word. The sound is unfamiliar to her ears and the accent doesn’t make it any easier for Haru to pronounce it properly. But it is as the golden mare explains the word that her face lifts up, a smile curling pulling on the corners of her lips. ”Sav.. Sav-tah” she tries again, eager to please the older mare who’s turned out to be her grandmother.

”Umma! Did you hear that, my grandmother, my Sav-tah!” With a grin she turns towards her mother, an excited sparkle in her eyes. Her tears and fears are long forgotten now and the young filly stands almost bouncing alongside her equally as bay mother. Her eyes move from the one mare to the other, and although the tears still linger in the corners of her eyes and her cheeks show the trails of fallen tears, she’s extremely excited.

But once the silver and golden mare continues, to tell her about her father’s family and more, Haru’s attention is focused solely on her grandmother again. ”King? My grandfather is a king? Does… Does that make my father a prince and me a princess?” The questions spill from her tongue easily as she speaks a little rushed due to the excitement. After all, which young girl didn’t dream about being a princess with all the flair? The smile upon her lips only grows wider when Yael invites her to visit sometime and within seconds Haru is looking up at Sunday with begging eyes. ”Please, umma, please can I go visit them sometimes?”
    HARU
    my mother is the heart that keeps me alive

@[Sunday]